I don't get Prince

Is there something to get? I commend him for his sexual prowling, but the music bores me.

Attached: prince-bio-a43e8bee-67ec-448e-b038-ea314bf59e1e.jpg (782x439, 43K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6SFNW5F8K9Y
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Same here desu

Its just fucking pop; there isn't much need to get it unless you wanted to be conformist.

When I was a kid I thought he was Michael Jackson before he turned white

It just sounds good and some of the songs are emotional. What is there to get?

youtube.com/watch?v=6SFNW5F8K9Y

he was an underrated guitar player

I think he was a fantastic songwriter.

I've never really understood it, but then again, there's people who think David Bowie was amazing too

People just seem to get way too attached to pop music artists

That said, he did have a few classics I totally love like Purple Rain but overall, he's easily one of the most overrated artists of all time (critically)

I think it's part of the era he came from. Obviously music from 40 years ago isn't going to sound as good now as it did then. He was a good songwriter and guitarist, had his own style. A great producer. Had a movie. There's not that much too it. It's kind of in the past, remember that.

>Jeff Lynne and Bob Dylan are the only living Traveling Wilburys

Dude I'm a devout Mormon who doesn't swear or drink, but my lyrics are extremely sexually degenerate

I personally don't think Prince is overrated at all compared to most of the shit shilled on this board, including Sup Forums's taste in alt-popstars. He at least did everything himself and was an excellent musician

I like a lot of music from the 80s and earlier, I just don't enjoy Prince for whatever reason.

>had a movie

he did several

wait, Bob Dylan is still alive?
man that's disappointing.

I like Prince, but he's not for everybody.

its called subtle melodies and production

Reddit bro.

I'm not your bro, buddy

>reddit
literally one of the most famous musicians of all time

k

Attached: 1501759118846.png (635x823, 889K)

whole lotta virgin neckbeard plebs ITT

please die

I don't see them

well, because you’re one of them :)

How'd you know?

Confirmed for virgin

because you think Prince is reddit

I didn't though

>but the music bores me.
his music was relevant to his own generation. it's not surprising that it bores you. i can't understand why most pop music today is nothing more than a few guitar chords or piano chords with a modulating vocal on top. today's pop music bores me, but i understand it is not meant for me - and that doesnt make it bad.

fuck you

man if you cant jam with We cant funk. I cant help you. imo he was better than MJ

Attached: thundercat.jpg (480x360, 18K)

I don't think that makes much sense. I'm young and I don't think like this
Around the World in a Day is psychedelic rock with alternative influences and his MTV boomer audience shitcanned him for it. Parade is like a pop-baroque variation of that. The idea is more relevant to contemporary stuff like Tame Impala than it was to that audience considering Currents is a near-copy of those albums