What exactly was supposed to be so funny about this movie?

What exactly was supposed to be so funny about this movie?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=koU01Ah_MrY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

? it's not meant to be funny, it's a serious take on british crime

I thought the violence was pretty funny.

>Cop/action movie tropes
(You)
/thread

the jokes

Yeah I don't like Pegg, the style of writing is just not that funny.

Uh it wasn't a comedy, OP. It's based on a real case that happened in a village in England. People died.

It was supposed to be about islamic crime coming to small english towns but they didnt have the balls to make them all muslims so they made it about white peoppe because british people are cucks

>comedy

Faggot this is clearly a serious british aktion kino

is this the true british comedy then?

do you have autism?

I've always wondered this too. It's a good movie, but really not that funny. Worst of the trilogy.

>tfw to intelligent for british comedy

>tfw to intelligent for comedy

Nah, it's the best. TWE is the worst.

the thing is these movies are considered unfunny trash in britain
you, the american, only find them funny because of the zany accents and lingo
spaced/shaun of dead/hot fuzz/worlds end are to britain what big mama's house is to america and viced-versa

That's not remotely true

I remember people from work praising this movie and calling it hilarious and brilliant. Never watched Shaun of the Dead and didn't know who these actors were.

So I trusted my coworkers and rented it and watched it with friends.

Was quite embarrassing really as none of us really ever laughed and only slightly chuckled at the first 20-30 minutes when it still seemed like a somewhat decent flick. Boy that took a turn.

Yes, user. I definately recall Big Mama having a wonderful joke about a local theater group putting on production of Othello where he breaks into song and dance after strangling Desdemona.

>unfunny trash
Should be perfect for your average Brit, then.

Editing and set design contributed to humor, in lieu of only witty dialog. Compare this movie to something like Bridesmaids and decide which more closely resembles an SNL skit.

Are Americans too stupid to find this film funny?

British "humour" is generally based on non-sequitors, which are some of the lowest forms of comedy.

I want to spit on your grave.

Christ, how long have you been here?

I had the same reaction, I got the "jokes" but I didn't find them funny.
I said this in a thread once and all the fanboys unable to defend the movie just used insults and other "epic" answers which kinda showed what kind of simpletons like these movies.
Only a couple of them suggested to check out In Bruges instead and now that was a really good movie.

It's a love letter to the genre, just like Shaun of the Dead. It pokes fun of every action movie trope in the book, but not in a cynical way. It parodies these movies to remind us why we all love them.

Sorry you didn't like it user.

This must be a meme I missed out on. Hot Fuzz is my all-time favourite comedy film. The script is god-tier. There's not a single line in this film that isn't important/doesn't set up something for a joke or scene later.
It's perfection.

And some of the humour comes from the juxtaposition of a bland rural English village and Hollywood blockbuster action/buddy cop fillms. It's brilliant and I pity those that don't see it.

I too have seen Only Frame a Painting.

>buzzwords the explanation

inb4 god-tier is a valid argument

the 'parody of an action movie' ended up being just a tiny aspect of the film really, it was more preoccupied with demonstrating how the British idea of a perfect village life (which runs parallel to the american dream) appears so suspicious and wrong to us since we know better.

this is such a fucking old pasta jesus christ

You should read all the words in that post after the word "god-tier". You'll see there's actually an argument there.

It's weird, this Cornetto Trilogy. I thought Shaun of the Dead was okay, I thought The World's End was shit, but had some moments. But Hot Fuzz I found amazing. Such a great cast of side characters, such a ludicrous plot of a perfect village trying to keep its title by murdering everything that contradicts it. The directing was superb as well. Edgar Wright is an underrated genius and I applaud him for opting out of Ant Man because Marvel forced him to tie it into the MCU at the last minute instead of letting the man do his own thing.

Go and watch the new ghostbuster, sure must be your kind of comedy

if you genuinely dont get it you dont belong here

Finally someone speaking sense.

The board that loves meme humor and can't stop spamming star wars sheev threads, bane etc. likes this movie.

that really tells you anything you need to know about this comedy "kino"

You wouldn't get it if you're not English.

It's like when Americans talk to me about shit like Beavis and Butthead.

I respect it too, but I think he would've done a good job of doing something unique in the MCU chronology. Breathed some new creative energy into it. The Ant-Man we got was so bland and predictable

youtube.com/watch?v=koU01Ah_MrY
This scene and everything before and after it.

This just doesn't have the punch of Howard Bloom bitching about Harry Potter.