Was he a Mary Sue?

Was he a Mary Sue?

What was his tax policy?

no, he was an fighter with years of experience as a ranger

His lenient thoughts on the death penalty probably caused the deaths of hundreds at Helm's Deep.

No but he was bland.

Motherfucker, you take that back!

If he wasn't...what were his flaws (if he even had any)?

He was afraid of his lineage and unwilling to take the throne of man. He spent most of his life avoiding this duty in hiding.

His combat skills make sense. He's over 80 years old, was trained by elves and had been fighting nearlu his entire life.

I think Aragorns portrayal of him was too stiff. I could just be complaining to complain, but I would have preferred a little bit more "Kingly" and less "conflicted and uncertain"

Can we all just take a moment, to appreciate the LOTR trilogy, truly a masterpiece, and the casting of Aragorn, oh my fucking god

Was Aragorn the Middle-Earth version of a NEET?

Was he literally /ourking/?

No, he had a job, it just wasn't the one he was born to do. He was the last living descendant of a race of turbo-chads, and literally king of all men.

>tfw literally just finished Two Towers as I spend the whole day rewatching the extended cut trilogy

Man I forgot how comfy these movies are

honestly if he had been a woman i would've fucking hated the focus his character got in the later films.

Sounds like a Mary Sue desu.

No. He was just a person with rights on throne.

And his producer and mastermind behind all the hings Gandalf made him war hero and pulled out all strings to bring him to the throne.

that would ruin his entire character you hack

>I could just be complaining to complain, but I would have preferred a little bit more "Kingly" and less "conflicted and uncertain"

I think former was just more relatable to movie audiences. He was definitely more of a "bidding my time to claim my rightful legacy" kind of character in the books.

Look at his smile and tell me you'd care

>herr hackson is better than Tolkien

kill yourself

You don't know what a Mary-Sue is then, don't know what to tell you.

That would be Eru

I sometimes like to channel Aragorn from the Prancing Pony scene whenever I'm out alone some place, like at a diner or something.

Am I the only one who does this? Is this a sign of autism?

Fucking cringe.

they let you smoke at a diner?

Be happy Hackson didn't go with the original plot and him and 31 of the most "elite warriors" of Middle Earth show up together with the sons of Elrond to kill off all the Orcs/Easterlings on the Fields of Pelennor instead of the Ghost army.

The Ghosts of Dunnharrow only showed up to scare the Umbarians to give up their ships in Pelagir.

>implying you've never done something similar

My friend likes to go on buses late at night and go to the back where all the cool guys sit and just start slowly rocking and slapping his own face and grunting and hoping one of them starts something so he can beat the shit out of them

He's unironically an absolute madman

pelennor fields was a hard-won battle in the books. the rangers contributed minimal fighting help but the ships arriving and them jumping off was a big morale loss for for sauron's forces and a huge relief for gondor. in the films hackson made the ghosts a big wave of death because he needed a way to quickly end the battle instead of it going on for hours and hours more

The dunedain were mostly turbo-chads tho. And other people in Gondor were heavy on the old blood, though perhaps not ultra pure like Aragorn, he sure wasn't the last man from Numenor tho.

He's the archetypal hero, the ultimate individual.