Severus

Severus.........................................................
Please

ABRA KADABRA!

uhhh

*falling dumbledore*

*harry potter staring nervously
FITE BACK YOU CAWARD

AVADA KEDAVRA

Why didn't they just film it in black and white if they hate color so much?

What a terrible fucking movie
what was hackson thinking

DULLEST

Idk. Would have been neat

>shitty acting
>
>
>
>please

>Severus.... please... save me from this dull franchise

Not the same movie dickhead. All wizards look the same to you? Also why is Saruman a nigger in this webm?

inb4

Serverus? If only something could sever us from the dullest franchise...

what did he mean by this

Imagine being dumbledork in that scene and being like "damn severus please get me out of the dullest franchise in the history of movie franchises"

Seriously each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody?just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

Looks the same to me right down to the ugly visuals and chinese actor.

There's a lot of color just not inside a fucking cave or at night when there's only moonlight

Someone fucking explain to me why they couldn't Imperius one of the lake zombies to drink the horcrux potion.

kek, I never noticed the rabbits in this scene.

Mine was better.

dumbledork?

meme-mixing?

A poor attempt.

Reminder that despite tumblr said Gambom was the best dumbledore.

It's all either grey, or piss yellow, or a combination of the two.

Hivemind reddit upvote style faggotry

They're called memes

I literally showed you a picture with red green blue yellow and brown

Dude colors!!!! Yes the cinematographer used earthly colors.

Hur hur its different why mommy!! Why is the atmosphere not cheerful

???

Just because you like it doesn't mean I have to, faggot.

its called reddit upboating

I like it when things are different and their own, the early and latter ones

meh I prefer Fantastic Beasts. That was different in a better way imo.

Yea by having a shitty script penned by rowling herself. No thanks. Couldn't care less actually. Needed focus

The line was supposed to be delivered as if he were pleading for his friend not to betray him. Not blatantly stoically asking for a favor in front of his evil friends.
Harry was supposed to be Petrificus Totalus'd in the corner, powerless to do anything until Dumbledore died which added more tension to the scene than nervously watching from below.

>"No!"
who are you quoting?

Am I the only one who hates Dumbledore so fucking much? I want to kill that dumb faggot. Everything would be ok if not for him.

He was metaphorically frozen snape gives him the high sign and tells him to calm down. He is just as helpless and has it watch it happen. Works better for the film. Dumbledore gives him one last glance through the rafters and after he's kill harry is so much in shock he has zero spatial awareness and SLAMS into a contraption that's right behind him as he leaves to tower after snape. Believe me I love the bool but film does and should do things differently

Snape going to Harry, while seeming like a good idea at first for the scene at hand goes on to destroy the tension of his allegiance in the movies to come. The LAST scene where he doesn't fight back was meant to do that and it came off as silly in the movie instead.
It ruined what was supposed to be a emotional scene, and it has nothing to do with the limitation of film or the audience.

Harry as impulsive as he is watching as Snape pretends like he has a plan to solo several Death Eaters was retarded.

I thought it was very emotional and doesn't detract from his allegiance in the last ones

>they just let children carry around wands that can kill people instantly with one incantation

Explain this

You haven't even read the books. And are asking a stupid question. Moody tells the entire class if they all pointed their wands at him and said avada kedavra as much as they wanted he wouldn't get anything more than a nosebleed. Its advanced and you have to have the correct mindset and practice for it to work.

To add dumbeldore tells harry to stay out of sight. Yes he's Iching and scratching but he doesnt act bc he promised to listen to dumbledore. He was about to be a hothead but snape shows up.

But really harry would have been fucked and he couldnt have done anything himself against all of them he would have been captured and killed.

Except it's not just Avada Kedavra.

In book 6, Harry cut Malfoy into pieces with ease and suffered literally no repercussions because he's Dumbledore's little butt slut.

You were talking about the killing curse. Nobody knew of that spell sectumsempra besides snape.

The answer you're looking for is they aren't all sadistic school shooters and plus the wizarding world isn't supposed to be perfect at all. Or make sense. Its sort if like a dystopia. This is why Rowling wanted Terry Gilliam to direct. The have date rape potions for christ sake. But they arwnt taught dark spells and even when they were harry tries to crucio bellatrix but can't successfully.

And Draco deserved it. But Snape didn't snitch on Harry he was more worried about Draco and knows for a fact harry was in the right since Draco was planning to kill dumbledore

Shit gandalf get a haircut you old fag

I'm not even the person you originally replied to, I don't know what he was talking about.

>Its sort if like a dystopia.

I'm not even memeing right now. What you just said actually improved my understanding of Harry Potter 100 times. It's just that Rowling writes in such a way that it appears as though we're supposed to glorify everything about Hogwarts and the wizarding community.

NO SEVERUS!

kids hate black and white movies

Yes, yes. Well done Severus, well done!

HOWEVER...

Only the first book is written like that really, because it's through the lens of a kid that sleeps in a cupboard, barely eats, and gets sat on by his fat cousin.
The layers are peeled back as the series goes on-- the amazing banquet of food is made by enslaved house elves, the cool bank run by goblins was made to keep them in check because they rebelled and killed a bunch of people and thus are banned from getting wands or learning magic, the happy go lucky wise headmaster is an asshole using some lonely kid as an unknowing weapon for his other former student.

Glad to have helped it seems a lot of people don't grasp that and meme about it being crazy when its entirely on purpose. Its just a dry humor sort of way in how its layed out. But its basically british self deprecation. The ministry isn't perfect just as british politics and life isn't perfect. The wizarding world isn't meant to function smootly