Find a flaw

Find a flaw

Hard mode: no “no Hamilton movie out yet”.

Attached: A4950B81-AB5D-4250-9A6D-C6E3EB8260EA.jpg (527x350, 39K)

punchable faces ITT?

Morrissey

Attached: Morrissey.jpg (206x244, 6K)

Cultural appropriator.

He supported the release of a Puertorican terrorist.
In Puerto Rico, we see him as a disgrace. Fuck him for supporting that sack of shit

Who?

Literally watered down hip hop for white people to easily digest.

only shitty gangster popeye-esque meme with any shred of truth

Attached: ..jpg (960x783, 117K)

this but unironically

Saw the show and I enjoyed it. Broadway is inherently kinda cringe and you gotta just accept that.

Attached: CF2AA03C-1958-4BC2-8D31-BD2036265C4A.jpg (4032x3024, 3.85M)

Attached: 27662FA6-B915-4FB1-AA90-CFEE415606AE.jpg (640x1274, 205K)

Garbage for liberal boomers

>ITT: plebs that cant into musicals
A lot of the lyrics in Hamilton are obvious, cringe, or just very on the nose. Also, it’s melodrama as fuck.

It’s still great though. There’s a lot to be said for balancing quality and accessibility; in fact it might be some of the hardest shit to do. But motherfucker pulled it off.

This doesnt hold a candle to anything Sondheim. Its just trashy, rich white liberal guilt-wash.

t. Directed 4 musicals and studied musical theatre in school

Have you seen the show in person?

i have a clear disconnect with musical theatre being a jaded empty millennial who's not able to engage with anything that's free to be nakedly emotional without hiding that emotion behind sarcasm or irony

clearly musicals and i are not, the best fit

but even still i can say, the guy has talent, the guy's a great songwriter and writer in general

Telling yourself you have that mindset surely won’t help. Go see a show with some friends, it’s pretty awesome being able to see a 3 hour musical being performed with no hiccups/mistakes being made

oh yeah absolutely! it's thrilling to see, i just can't connect to the artform the same way i can other things. it's still rad as hell to see people perform something in front of you, that's always true- i just don't get INTO it the way some people do

Haha yeah I completely see where you’re coming from. It’s not like i’m even into showtunes or anything, I just think it’s important to try and appreciate any form of art or performance.

I ain’t sayin he’s better than Sondheim, because he’s not. But Sondheim was also so far up his own ass that he couldn’t tell his musicals weren’t connecting with average audiences (or he didn’t care).

That’s what I’m saying is Lin-Manuel’s strength - he knows how to get em. He hit the zeitgeist hard, and he deserved it. I mean fuck he turned a boring biography about boring history into something that poor black kids actually WANT to see. That legit counts for a lot.

What am I, made of money?

t. Poorfag

This. Making something accessible and celebrated isn’t as easy as people on this board believe.

Is it worth paying the astronomical resale prices?

Hamilton was a whiny faggot who pushed the central banking system on us, he’s got the integrity of Mitt Romney

I got house seats for $167 because im very good friends with one of the performers, so yes

I’m thinking $300+. Because if the resale tickets are too goddamn expensive, I’m better off waiting for Dear Evan Hansen to come to my city

really annoying song writing and bad memes

The fact that he's holding onto the original cast recordings and saying he's gonna keep 'em until 20-30 years down the line. So glad I found a pirated version.

He can’t be as big of a cultural appropriator than Bruno Mars

swap Avenue Q and Wicked desu senpai. it's fucking bonkers how Wicked succeeded purely on the strength of Idina Menzel's charisma and LITERALLY one good song. every other element of that book is garbo.

> I mean fuck he turned a boring biography about boring history into something that poor black kids actually WANT to see

Am I the only one who cant help but feel a little disturbed by this sort of discourse? it feels rather condescending: just think of the little pickaninnies, their only joy in their fatherless lives is getting to see people who look like them play dead white slave owners on Broadway. Hamilton is to the Obama administration what Camelot was to JFK's. America is dying, not that it was ever great, but as a non white non black person i can't help but see it. American liberal culture is all about glorifying the troops, the security state and corporate America while dressing it up in a thin veneer of racial diversity, convincing investment bankers and cambray urbanites they too can be Good People who Actually Care.

>LITERALLY one good song
>Popular
>Gravity
>For Good
>No Good Deed
>The Wizard And I
LITERALLY one good song my ass

Attached: 900A349C-B69B-4222-A8C0-7994DAA1E03A.gif (383x306, 2.96M)

is that maddox?

Heathers deserves more recognition tbqhiyamsfmo

Nightmare mode: find a merit

he gave Daveed Diggs a career boost and now they'll never be another good clipping project (if there even is one), since Daveed will have to not be completely focused on the project.

In The Heights. Done and done.

>Nightmare mode: find a merit
Hamilton is an interesting play, if only because it is a perfect snapshot of a particular moment in America's history and a particular ideology. ie. 'Obamaism', the age of Hope and Change. For 8 glorious years , Obama served as america's 'cool' and with it black POTUS, his brand: MLK meets Steve Jobs meets Morgan Freeman meets JFK meets Bono from U2. A Nobel Peace prize winning everyman superhero who order a drone strike on an Afghan village in the morning and dance with Ellen(tm) on prime time, a highly professional technocrat with a heart of gold. For once, the American Empire became a Force of Good(tm) in the world. Meanwhile, American culture succumbed to the nihilistic forces of post industrial decay and mindless consumerism dressed up like social progress. Politics descended to the level of trash tv entertainment, Obama became a walking buzzfeed listicle, the suburban neo-yokels in flyover country got duck dynasty and Sarah Palin. It was also an awkward time: social media atomised people as it drove them to an uncomfortable closeness with others. ''Nerd culture'' and ''cringe comedy'' go mainstream. The unstopable tide of post WWII liberal progress forced America to face its own genocidal past, the bloody absurdity of capitalism and empire. Obama was a pretty face on tv who kept the imperial warmachine churning and the markets going. It's fitting the Obama years closed with Hamilton and Donald Trump's victory over favourite Hillary Clinton.

Attached: Barack_Obama_Hope_poster.jpg (220x330, 15K)

Donald J. Trump of the apprentice/WWE/birther fame has been president for 2 years now, cold war paranoia about Russia is back, everyone is miserable, the Davos/Sillicon Valley/Wall Street set is already drafting mars escape plans, investing in New Zealand real estate and bomb proof shelters.

So does Matilda