So they were actually demons?

Did Shamladingdong ever confirm this? It seems like a bit of a stretch.

Other urls found in this thread:

christian-faith.com/how-demons-enter/
youtube.com/watch?v=8_2e6fsKs40
drdavidclarke.co.uk/secret-files/demonic-ufos/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

aliens / demons - does it really matter?

They were demons - I'm almost sure. It's also very interesting that it took us so long to figure it out - makes even more sense for Mel Gibson to be in that movie, with all the christian subthemes.

I've always known them as aliens. I've never heard anyone ever suggest otherwise.

I haven't seen in awhile, but it does explain a few details and ties in with the theme of a man "overcoming his demons" as a reverend or whatever. It's not really a twist per se it's just once you look at it this way it makes a lot of sense.

Proof?
Reasoning?
Sounds retarded.
Why would demons make crop circles? Why are demons weak aginst water? Why do they look like fucking aliens?!

But seriously, why do you think this annon?

Here's the old copy and paste

don't berate me i'm just a lurker

Aliens are completely naked, no suits. They have hooves for feet.
>We never really saw Alien Ships, or anything on the news about orbiting UFOs over the planet.
>The crop circles could be easily interpreted as demon sigils use to summon them, or as signs to their arrival.
>We have the paranormal moment, where the dying wife tells the Reverend her premonition of telling Merril to swing away.
>Aliens getting defeated in the middle east. Yes, there is water there. But more importantly Religion is strong there.
>The little girl's birth being describe as a miracle and her being like an angel. Don't know the exact quotes. But the girl drinks the water, doesn't ever really finishes it. Making it holy.
>Alternatively, Reverend could have blessed his house in turn making the water from the faucets be holy.

not to mention it could help understand a lot of the inconsistencies,

>Why didn't they bring weapons, or any other sort of technology like space suits?
>Why would they attack a planet that's made 70% of water if that is what they are weak to?, the moisture alone in some parts of the world would have made their skin very heavily irritated.
>We never see any sort of transportation, or mode of travel. They are always kinda there. You could argue star trek type transporters I guess. But if they had that, then how was one of them trapped so easily in the M. Night's house.

>Why are demons weak aginst water?

Mel was a priest, he blessed it. It's Holy water.

The same reason the closing scene news caster says that the way to defeat them was first discovered in the middle east, the birthplace of Christianity. There's no reason to have overlayed audio implying the middle east being some savior for any other reason.

Much like the movie aliens, demons also cannot pass doors without a persons permission (this might be where the vampire myth got the same idea)

christian-faith.com/how-demons-enter/

Conversely, why would aliens be weak to water?

>why are humans weak to sulfuric acid?

Do you think Shymalan was inspired by by the CE4 movement?

It's a Gibson, McAvoy and Willis team up to fight off the returning demon invasion extended universe movie.

Holy shit user

>Split post credits scene
>Shyamalan shows up with an eyepatch looking to recruit McAvoy
Post yfw

>We never really saw Alien Ships, or anything on the news about orbiting UFOs over the planet.
We see a bird hitting some invisible object in the sky.

Not to mention that their skin is covered in weird /x/ shit.

That one alien's back sort of looks like it has a Baphomet tattoo.

>alien spaceships have lights in pentagram and hexagram formations

This movie is just incredible. It's daunting and menacing. And it all feels very personal. There's a sense of it being grounded which makes it even more disturbing. Not to mention the religious undertones always present.

What stretch?
The signs are all there LOL SEE WHAT I DID THERE YOU FUCKING RETARD?!

LOL TOPEST OF THE KEKS
HAVE SOME TWITTER GOLD LMAO

>why do aliens bleed sulphuric acid
>oh wait, wrong aliens.

>Demons from signs team up with the furfags from Lady in the water to cause an undead ghost invasion

>The Plants save everyone

Literally poetry

But everyone was using water, even non-priests, that's they left, and that's also why they only when to arid regions, like mexico and middle-east.

This this this this this.
Good fucking point annon.
Anyone care to explain this on association to demons?

Literally this

I guess we could say that was a gate to hell kind of thing it hit? But yeah that does seem to lend credence back to them being aleins.

the only reason the water worked was because Bo took a sip out of every glass and they were lights in the night over many cities before they went invisible

Thats really digging deep my friend.

I feel like the annon got us.
Its aliens my nigga. Aliens.

he was not a priest. he had lost his faith. That was the whole point of the movie. you don't bless drinking water anyway.

>AAAAAAUGH I'M INSANE WITH ANGER
It's a piece of shit. It always was, it always will be

>m-muh demons
Obviously it was just an invisible gateway to hell floating in the sky.

His daughter's name is Holly and it was her glass of water

that was a great moment faggot

While it's never explicitly stated, it makes absolutely perfect sense and makes the whole film better so I see no reason not to interpret it that way no matter what Shyamalan wanted.
And I say this as someone who hates "fan theories."

>not wanting to be one of ones the chosen
>demons
shut it down

It was cringe inducing shit, just like all of M. Night's comedy writing.

How do you know how aliens look?

It was aliens and even if it were demons it wouldn't make this movie any less stupid it was fun though

not you don't hair lip just says a bird hit some invisible object in the sky

Well, i think it is kinda grounded on actual stuff said by some archbishop/demonologist in the Vatican and some other guy who's worked for NASA and such that after 30 years of serious research he concluded abductions/UFO sightings and such have more to do with interdimensional beings than with aliens from outer space.

We're going to need a lot of citations for that big pile of bullshit.

It's fucking terrible.

Give me a second mate.

Signs is my favorite movie I think

>>Why would they attack a planet that's made 70% of water if that is what they are weak to?

Because they came in peace.

>holly water

By a lot we mean like around 40 citations

>It's also very interesting that it took us so long to figure it out
How old are you? That shit's been out for ages.

this

/thread

Not that I believe the theory, although it's a fun light to see the movie under.
>crop circles
Invocation glyphs/sigil
>weak aginst water
Holy water
>look like fucking aliens
Do they, or do aliens look like demons? (Childhood's End)

Here's some info. about I'm not saying it's real or anything i'm just saying there's some research about it and it's kinda interesting and this might be the stuff the director/writer based their script on.
youtube.com/watch?v=8_2e6fsKs40

drdavidclarke.co.uk/secret-files/demonic-ufos/
Granted the first video might not seem serious but it describes the research the guy did on UFO's in a amusing way.
One of the links gives you information about what books to check so it's up to you.

>they are just aliens
>btw hit them with a baseball bat later lol

What the fuck is wrong with you niggers?

It was a holy baseball bat you dip

>demons are weak against baseball bats
Was it a holy bat?

We lack your autistic sense of humor.

Little known fact War of the Worlds was ALSO about demons.

>Hideous foreign creatures capture humans in large torture cages to then kill and spray their blood blood all across the land to transform it into something suitable

Right. Totally """aliens"""" and not demons.

Right.

Interesting!

this. did you forget it wasn't only one alien?

>the only reason the water worked was because Bo took a sip out of every glass

How do you explain the news saying the aliens were retreating due to water being used around the world? Did Bo drink that water too?

>literally makes a movie about the devil
>people still think it was aliens
He couldn't make it more obvious.

A french guy did a nice analysis about that movie.
I'm not an english speaker so i'll do my best to rephrase it.

One of Shyamalan's favorite theme is about interpretation, that we need to learn how to look.

The movie is based on The War of the Worlds which is based about some real stories from the end of the XIX century, when people thought that there was life on Mars.
There is the story of Percival Lowell, an American astronomer, that published the book Mars in 1895 suggesting features of the planet’s surface observed through telescopes might be canals. He speculated that these might be irrigation channels constructed by a sentient life form to support existence on an arid, dying world, similar to that which.
The things he saw in his telescope were in facts the shadows of his own retinal vessels.

So it's all about interpretation. You never saw the aliens attacking the human and that's because they were not here to harm the humans.
At the end, the movie is showing you a stranger getting beat up by a paranoid family that spent the last few days watching TV, locked up in the middle of the countryside.

You can see 2 paintings from Grant Wood in the house. His most notorious painting was "American Gothic" which was criticized for being a caricature of puritanical Catholic america.