Just got done watching this show. Did Sup Forums liked it?

Just got done watching this show. Did Sup Forums liked it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Rs96Ksod88M
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The first couple episodes were kind of hit and miss for me. There's definitely a period where you have to get used to the weird way the show handles dialogue and visual editing, and it seems kind of jarring at first. And that kind of extends to a lot of the characters as well. I wasn't too hot on NPH's Olaf, or le epic lung cancer man, and the siblings seemed weirdly static.

But by the end of Wide Window, I was actually pretty invested. They do a really good job of translating Snicket's weird half-caricature writing into a weirdly warm sibling relationship for the Baudelaires, and the world is faithful to the darkly bizarre tone of the books. Miserable Mill turned out to be the best part of the series partly because it was beyond the point of comparison with the Carrey film, and because all the elements that seemed jarring at the start were working together really well.

What they do really fucking well is getting the feeling of strangely threatening weirdness right. It's everywhere, from the angles of the set to the score. It's bright, energetic but crooked and a little wrong. Olaf's definitely not an evil badass, but there's things in his rotten smile and the little pockets of genuine violence he gets that make him unsettling, rather than scary. It's all painted faces and grime, and it feels like watching a piece by piece recreation of Snickets books.

It's definitely not for everybody. I can see why you might find the weird characterisations and editing annoying. But if you feel like giving it enough time to grow on you, it's a solid series.

Klaus a cute

Its shit. Literally dont give a fuck about any of the characters. Its all so damn annoying.

Deeplyfuckable.jpg

youtube.com/watch?v=Rs96Ksod88M
Great Despairkino. Might take a while to start, but it's good. Hook handed Hench was god tier.

DICK

I overall enjoyed it.
I love Patrick Warburton, but I thought he had way too many scenes. All the talking about everything being so unfortunate actually lessened the impact of the very few unfortunate scenes that were in it.
The 'parents' scenes or whatever felt out of place.
I thought all the other actors were good and appropriately hammy though.

kys

Damn, they better start filming now if not then by season 2 Klaus will be noticeably taller than Violet.

it's so bad

cringy quip dialogue, cant get over it.
its a list!
WRONG ITS A LIST HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
fuck off

who's this semen demon?

Miserable Mill > Reptile Room > Bad Beginning > Wide Window

>WRONG ITS A LIST HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
confirmed for only seeing the trailer. tonally was not meant for a laugh. This was before Olaf beat one of the kids in front of everyone and nobody did anything to stop it

Cookie is best girl

it has its moments...

couldnt make it past 2 episodess, show completely failed to capture the books and NPH is shit

MM>RR>WW>BB

It gets significantly better after The Bad Beginning.

the parent's scenes was suppose to mirror the children's series of unfortunate events themselves because they too were in a series of unfortunate events. The plane scene over the lake would have had an impact with people because here they are helping the children when they were so close yet so far.

But then the twist comes along and you realise the worse. But I thought it was hilarious.

TV Wide Window < Movie Wide Window
TV Miserable Mill > Book Miserable Mill

yes

The kids could be better, I'm hoping their performance matures in subsequent seasons or they get better direction.
>mfw every time one of them got a particularly verbose line and failed to get their tongue around it
Also is it me or is the kid playing Klaus blatantly trying to disguise a British accent and failing?

Louis Hynes(Klaus) is a Brit.

I hated it at first, but I've been re-watching it with a friend and I'm enjoying it more the second time. I can't get behind the acting, though. Particularly Olaf and the Baudelaires. The kids are robots and NPH just can't do genuinely threatening. On top of that, I felt like a lot of the humour of the books came from exaggerated situations being presented as if they are entirely serious, but the tone of the show feels a little bit too self-mocking to me. It's also missing the lasting feeling of melancholy that the books have. Again, probably because of the self-mockery and phoned in acting.

Best way to experience the series is still the audio books read by Tim Curry. Some of his delivery for Olaf made me physically shudder. Too bad books 3-5 were read by Daniel Handler instead.

>world is faithful to the books
Stopped reading right there. Dropped the show at the wide window. The wide window... literally looked like a freaking high school play. Klaus, Mr poe, and the hook dude were literally the only redeeming factors in this steaming pile of horse excrement.

SUCKING

I'm at episode 6, and I'm liking it. Feels too much like they're copying the movie instead of the books, by which I mean Olaf's over-the-top campiness. Am I the only one who remembers Olaf as being more sinister and less energetic, or did I totally misread everything? Think more Alan Rickman than Carey/NPH

Also what the fuck is the deal with both parents being alive?

The series has an odd way of doing everything, especially the acting. Warburton is fantastic as Snicket, and Monty's actor was endearing, but it takes some getting used to with everyone else.

Probably gonna finish it tomorrow and wait hopefully for the next series.

I actually liked NPH in this, but I didn't read the books or watch the movie so I have no frame of reference for the character.

LIPS

You should have stuck it out since The Miserable Mill is the best by far, like another show entirely.

I thought everything was fine but I can see a downfall of people who have been fans of the books. We now have 3 different interpretations of the same story so it makes things easy to nit pick.

I found cgi baby a bit off putting sometimes but overall it's alright, Lemony is the best character. Rip based Uncle Monty. I wonder if they'll adapt the beatrice letters tho

The baby wasn't CGI though.

>All the talking about everything being so unfortunate actually lessened the impact of the very few unfortunate scenes that were in it.

I agree. I think the gloominess should but toned up a notch. It just does not seem that unfortunate for them. Overall it's good though

well done lads

>that neck
>the hint of her armpits

good lord

Malina is such a sexual girl.

>when you gotta get ready to suck a big dick

stahp

LEWD!

w e w

an qt

>But if you feel like giving it enough time to grow on you, it's a solid series.
Stopped reading there

Only pedos, rapist and people into incest like this series

They made Olaf the lead instead of the kids and then they murdered any sort of tension by making him the butt of all the humor.

Not a shocker considering NPH is a producer.

>people into incest

Fuck off. Klaus and Violet had scenes that had subtle romance.

>"I'm having trouble understanding this passage from Proust"
>"Maybe it makes more sense in the original French"
>*smirks*
>*smirks*
DROPPED

explain this to a pleb

I want to reread the entire books before watching it, but I'm busy with other things right now and can't start my bookathon until Monday at the earliest, and I'm worried by the time I finally watch the show Sup Forums will have moved on.

t. incest fetishist

ths is the first step that pedos do did you know it kid

i think its time to massage my rat

It's not.

>It's a Violet is cold and has to sleep in Klaus's bed episode

t. pedo

youre such a disgrace son
pedo, future rapist, homophobic, necrophile.. how is it even possible sm.h

Are you sure you aren't projecting?

my rat is ready as well m8

What episode was this?

its from the movie i guess

>Also what the fuck is the deal with both parents being alive?
You'll find out.

Count Olaf has always been the main character

Malina is cute
Malina is sexy
Malina is my daughter!