8/10 map

groBdeutschland lmao

death to israel
ALLAHU AKBAR

>Polish flag
Genuinely perplexed

Darkest hour is still the best 2bh

Agree

Just kidding, I like jews but I hate your government.
Same goes with any people.

Wo ist Südtirol?

>morocco
>part of algeria
w-what game is that?

Nothing wrong with hating j*ws

If you think so

>Yugoslavia
It didn't work that well the first time.

>first

Ok, last time. Did it ever work?

Any "fixed" Europe that makes Germany bigger is shit.

Oh, and
>HoI 4
Come back when you're ready to play a real game.

It would work if tito put someone capable in charge instead of some voting system

>Any "fixed" Europe that makes Germany bigger is shit
t. James Silverstein
kys

Ok. I just got dh, and after playing hours upon hours of hoi3 I'm kind of stumped as to what the oob is? Does it work similarly?

Darkest Hour doesn't use the HOI3 oob I don't think.

Forgot to add Darkest hour is basically just a improved version of HOI2.

I got that. It looks really cool actually. I like how the map looks and I really think the oob in hoi3 gets really tiring and is mostly just autistic. I just don't get how hoi2 divisions and hqs work. I figured out that you the stars on the counters are related to how many divisions you have.

There is really good mods for it too. Kaisserreich is probably more played than the actual vanilla game. Fortress Europe I think it's called? Is really good too, it's a Germany wins ww2 scenario, and the US is in a cold war with them.

I've played DH a bit and from what I can tell a corps is simply a unit you see on the map and nothing else. The rank of your commander simply dictates how many divisions you can have in your individual corps (with 3 being the lowest and 12 or so being the highest). As for HQs, I forget what they do. They give some sort of bonus, but they don't function anywhere near the same way as in HoI 3.

Such a shame Paradox went to shit. HoI 3 was too autismal (it's not THAT bad, it just takes a really fucking long time to understand the whole system). What Paradox could've done is make HoI 4 an updated DH with better graphics, diplomacy and espionage but instead they made some casual game barely a step above mobile games.

I really like hoi3, but I just get tired of organizing the oob every time. It feels like I spend most of the game doing organizing divisions rather than actually playing.

Just got into dh, not gonna play vanilla hoi2 2bh, don't really care to tbqh. It seems a lot better than hoi3. The technology screen is so much easier to navigate and understand. Hoi3 just requires you to micro every little thing constantly.

I'm not that upset about hoi4. It's not an abomination. I enjoy playing with friends since they like pdx but aren't autistic enough to play hoi3 or dh, so I settle w/ some hoi4 with them. I think about it, and it's like pdx already mastered the ww2 strategy game twice over with hoi2 and hoi3, so all that was left for them to do was make an accessible hoi for the nupdx males.

>I'm not that upset about hoi4. It's not an abomination.
Well, it's not an utterly broken and unplayable game like some out there, but it's a perfect example of everything wrong with modern day paradox.

First of all, there's the Focus system. Oh boy, where do I even begin? Not only does it make your options incredibly linear, the whole führer mana thing adds basically nothing of value to boot. The previous games functioned perfectly without it and führer mana adds nothing new, it just "streamlines" everything. And worst of all, the game only shipped with 8 or so focus trees. The rest are, of course, in DLC.

Which brings me to the next point: DLC about half the price of the base game that add fucking nothing. In the first year of HoI's release there were already TWO DLCs: Together for Victory and Death or Dishonor. Let's see what they added.

Together for Victory:
>The ability to request Lend-Lease from your allies (was in HoI 3, no reason why it couldn't have been in the base game)
>A new "blitz" option in the utterly retarded frontline system
>New ways to interact with vassals*
>New focus trees for countries that should already have them

Death or Dishonor
>More puppet interactions (why weren't these in Together for Victory, when the two expansions are only a few months apart?)
>Equipment conversion (nice extra, but adds nothing radically new to the game)
>Four(!) new focus trees

In other words: two DLCs, only one (*) feature that's both worth adding and justifiably not in the base game. And they have the balls to make you pay for focus trees, even though modders have been making their own for free since release.

cont.

Finally, one of my biggest gripes is the entire combat system. The frontline system actually to a large extent limits your options and more or less forces you to automate everything, You could automate some or all parts of combat in HoI 3 as you desire, but HoI 4 forces you to let the game play itself, and you even get a preparation bonus for letting the game play itself. You can only sometimes interject your own commands, which will usually be something among the lines of "redirect troops to that huge swath of Russia the AI has left unguarded because it's fucking retarded". It simply lacks many of the combat options and nuances that HoI 3 offered.

It's fine that Paradox wants to make the next HoI game more accessible (that was the biggest flaw of HoI 3: a steep learning curve combined with literally the worst in-game tutorial I've ever seen in my life), it's fine if Paradox wants to move away from the utter autismo-mode that HoI 3 runs on, but HoI 4 did everything wrong. It removed options and complexity rather than streamlining, and they designed and released a half-finished game for the sole purpose of slapping on DLC later. And even with all the DLC in the world the game won't get better than HoI 3 or DH because its basics are so stupid, you'd need an entire overhaul to save it. But as long as the Paradrones faithfully shell out 20 bucks every few months for the EXACT SAME GAME (especially if they go the EU4 route and make the game straight up unfair without DLC) they don't care what a few grognards think. Especially because they can keep GSG at ransom indefinitely because they're practically the only audience pandering to that market. I could accept their unethical DLC practices for CK2 and EU4 because they're at heart solid games and EU4 + all DLC blows EU3 out of the water, but with HoI 4 they clearly dropped the ball and this makes me fear for the future. A few years ago I was begging Paradox to release Victoria 3, now I hope it never comes.

I fixed Europe

Agreed. I refuse to buy any dlc for hoi4, and I really do not like how streamlined everything is. I have only played roughly like ~200 hours in hoi4 but a lot of that was from playing with friends in multi on 2 and 3 speed the entire game, so it ate up a lot of time. Is there any possible way to set up armies and just micro them without pushing the AI button?

Also, I do feel like this hoi will not go down as a classic game. It's like eu4, in that it doesn't have any notable standout features, and is solely a map painting simulator. I dislike how the new PDX games are always LE ALTERNATE HISTORY xDDDDDD, because in hoi4 you can take small countries that would be shit otherwise -- turn them fascist, take mobile unit theory, and then encircle enemy troops. Did you see the legend marco antonio world conquer as tannu tuva? It's upsetting because on the one hand if it is a blob simulator then the only way to make it interesting is to make is so that you can blob as tiny nations. But when you make blobbing with small nations so easy and possible, it ruins the immersion and the whole point of a WW2 strategy game anyway.

>But when you make blobbing with small nations so easy and possible, it ruins the immersion and the whole point of a WW2 strategy game anyway.
Yeah, exactly. In HoI 3 it's done nicely: as Yugoslavia it's very possible to unite the entire Balkan peninsula before WW2 starts, but you'd better make damned sure that you buddy up to Germany otherwise you're fucked. If you join the allies or remain neutral, you'll sooner or later have to deal with the Comintern and/or the Axis. If you join the Comintern, you will have a hard time defending yourself against Italy, Germany and Hungary (though there is probably some expert player out there who manages to do this).

Meanwhile, in HoI 4, it's not impossible to take over Germany before WW2 starts, and then take out France and Britain with paratroopers.

I'm going to look up that Tannu Tuva Let's Play you mentioned, because if you can conquer the world with a meme country then the game is broken.

Let France ally its occupied zones, let the Netherlands annex the British zone, turn the American and Russian zones into independent Bavaria and Brandenburg respectively.

Kill yourself, bootlicking faggot.

youtube.com/watch?v=g_zQzIe9CdA&list=PLrnKzgGibBMn808Nd6Y6OEExX9ias3fb3

This guy is a legend. He world conquered hoi3 as estonia, so he's basically the hoi god. However being able to world conquer as tannu tuva in any hoi game is absolutely ridiculous. He said in one of the episodes that world conquering as luxembourg is easy mode compared to tannu tuva because of the amount of manpower you get compared to tannu tuva. The guy still did it though, it's incredible.

algeria still exist :(

No, I DID

>East Francia
>West Francia
>Central Francia
>Pole Land
Heh, nice

good job

VERY good job

no.

>free palestine
I'll take two!

>Algeria
>doesn't control Algeria

WTF Poland

we'll sort this shit out

>He unironically wants 100mln russians in his country

>istria
>italian

Probably only those who were living among the borders of a newfound region.

Я имeю в видy, чтo в этих гpaницaх пoчти cтo лямoв людeй живyт.

>New Persian Empire

You fixed not only Europe but also Middle Asia, I like it.

You do know what happened in the general government right?

Stop larping you fag,

It's literally alternate history.

how hard is this game to get into, does it have massive amounts of autistic detail you have to pay attention too

WTF!? I went from 0% to 50% Dutch heritage.

VERY nice map

French butthurt is hilarious.