/mlb/ general - CAUTIOUSLY OPTIMISTIC edition

BOS: Betts (wrist) hitting cleanup in Game 3 Sun.
LA: Bottom of order does damage in Dodgers' win
WAS: Zimmerman powers Nationals to NLDS Game 2 win
MIN: Report: Buxton hurt, but no rib fracture
LA: Hernandez in LF, batting fifth in Game 2
ARZ: Descalso starting, batting fifth in NLDS G2
CLE: Indians uncertain on Encarnacion availability
LA: Turner homers and drives in five vs DBacks
CHC: Hendricks fires seven shutout innings vs Nats
WAS: Strasburg fans 10, yields two runs in loss
HOU: Keuchel yields just one run over 5 2/3 frames
HOU: Carlos Correa homers, drives in four runs

1st for Nats

will the AL east win a game

Cusb

Congrats on winning the 3rd place run differential trophy.

The sox and yanks are gonna win today, okay?

AL East exposed

LOL

>Nats are the only Least coast team that's got a chance

I like this

Man can anyone tell me what set of circumstances the Dodgers would lose in the playoffs?

Reverse swept by Arizona or Nationals (probably former).

Man, fuck any postseason at all. It doesn't let the two teams who were the best all season compete in the World Series, and it's just a pointless money grab for the league. It's either have the best record in all of your league, or go home. You don't deserve to be in the postseason otherwise.

Reminder

After thinking it over for a few days, I have a whole new perspective on on the Indians and Yankees game. People can sperg out about efficiency all they want (like the 22 game streak, which was amazing, but only maybe five of those games were as emotional as they should have been) but anyone who watches baseball lives for those feel-good moments when your team comes back from the edge of destruction and pulls out of it. It had EVERYTHING. One of the most reliable pitchers ever collapsing, an absolute shelling by the opposing team, injuries, despair, then an offense slowly piecing it back together, controversial calls, a grand slam to suddenly make it a game again, four extra innings of shutout pitching and razor edge calls on both sides, then a walk off that slips by the third baseman.

It's cliché if it isn't real. It's what everybody dreams the game they're watching should be, and up until this point I never thought about how it would feel to be on the other side. It would bring out the worst in you. Denial, rationalization, scapegoating, you would try to point out one thing that absolutely, totally decided the game, instead of taking in the thousands of factors that decided it. Basically, you would be just as torn up as the other fans were happy.

I'm so sorry Yankee fans.

This but unironically

Kershaw chokes
Remaining rotation of retreads and also rans shits the bed
Puig antics result is bench clearing brawl and all LA players killed as a result.
I like scenario 3 desu

>DBax in the WS

Only the weak and cowards panic, and run away at the first sign of adversity.

>Puig starts shit, Turner tries to get him to calm down, Puig swings a bat right across Turner's head and goes on a rampage

Just assuming it would be Turner, could be anyone else I guess. But this isn't even that improbable.

>I don't like fun

>Denial, rationalization, scapegoating, you would try to point out one thing that absolutely, totally decided the game, instead of taking in the thousands of factors that decided it.
Except for the fact that if Girardi challenges the play, Lindor doesn't come up with the bases loaded. Yes, the Yankees had several fuck-ups throughout the game, and several missed opportunies, but Girardi's failure to challenge the HBP, and his continued incompetence by leaving Green out there was the clear turning point in the game. If that doesn't happen, we get 200 posts from Indians fans in the general talking about how Kluber getting shelled was just a fluke, and the Indians will win it in 4, rather than 200 posts from Yankees fans about how Girardi sucks

>bat flip on a single
I hope he gets drilled tomorrow, right in the fucking ribs.

Whatever helps you sleep at night, man.

>posting in the discord
The /mlb/ discord is boring shit

This discussion about the Wild Card had me thinking, "fuck any team that can't win the most games in the regular season". Why stop at the Wild Card, let's just go back to the original World Series method. If you aren't the best team in your league all year, you don't deserve the postseason. That's it.

Man, fuck any limited postseason at all. It doesn't let any of the teams who had some bad luck all season compete in the playoffs, and it's such a good money grab for the league to let every team compete. It's either have everyone play despite record, or no World Series. Everyone deserves to be in the World Series.

>I have no argument against him, so I'll just assume he's a Yankee fan and say I won!
The Indians are a very resilient team, but you're a dolt if you think that was a guaranteed win for the Indians had Girardi challenged that play.

Not him but honestly I think they could have done it. Would've been improbable but not at all impossible.

And Kluber was absolute shit but I just don't see that happening again.

jays

If Aaron Judge had hit 4 HRs in game 1 instead of going full sombrero, the Yankees would have won. If, if, if, if. This is what you sound like like.

>if Lindor doesn't hit a home run
>if Gomes doesn't throw him out
>if Jackson doesn't steal
>if Tomlin doesn't shut down
>if
>if
>if

>they didn't win, we lost
Not acting like all teams don't have those fans, but is there anything more insecure?

Glad they changed the logo desu.

/sweep/

>if if if if mind

I'm pointing to ONE specific changing point in the game, and you guys are slippery sloping it to call me butthurt, despite the fact that I'm not even a Yankee fan. I'm not saying that the Yankees would've for sure won had Girardi challenged that play, the Indians are a very resilient team. However, I am saying a Yankee loss is a lot likely, in that situation.

bros....

There's a huge difference between "if these players performed differently" and "if what literally occurred was either called correctly or challenged to be rightfully overturned"
The reality we live in is one where the Yankees won the game, except Girardi decided he'd rather take the loss instead.

we can't stop the Dodgers bros

D O Y E R S
O
Y
E
R
S

will the Dbags take extra measures to ensure the Dodgers don't party in their pool this monday?

But... That's not at all what he was saying...

>duds try to get in the pool
>based Zonas shoot them for trespassing
>no court in America convicts them

Would be beautiful

Nobody called you butthurt, just that you're super focused on something you seem to think matters a whole hell of a lot, when it really doesn't. There's no guarantee it would've been overturned. At all. Or what that would have led to.

>The reality we live in is one where the Yankees won the game, except Girardi decided he'd rather take the loss instead.
This is the problem. You're manufacturing this whole story and angle to make it seem like if just this one thing did happen, etc. it was basically in the bag, etc.

What happened happened. Girardi failed to do his job as manager. Judge failed to do his job as a player. The bullpen failed to do their job as pitchers. The Yankees failed on many levels to lose that game. That's the way it is. Sure, it was a pivotal moment in the game, but saying the Yankees would have won otherwise is grasping.

if they lock their pool they're basically TELLING their dbag players they have no faith in them that they can beat the doyers.

The thing about Girardi is that it's not really his call, it's whoever is looking at the replay tv. I know Sanchez signalled over but how many times is a player on the field wrong about calls? And at the end of the day Lindor should have been put away. Not saying Girardi didn't fuck up but that wasn't where they lose the game.

This isn't some stupid meme play like the Bartman incident being blamed for a loss, this is 4 runs magically appearing on the scoreboard. You're absolutely delusional if you think the Yankees don't win that game 99 times out of 100.

I pissed in the pool.
Joke is on the Dodgers.

All this Yankee butthurt is my favorite part of the postseason so far.

>magically

>dbag fans swimming in their own piss

sounds right

To be honest, Yankees lost everything the moment they traded with the White Sox for fucking Nurse and Latodun. Notice who wiped out the lead and didn't field the game winning single.

Frankie is kind of magical.

>There's no guarantee it would've been overturned. At all.
It very clearly hit the bat, and it was more likely to be overturned than not. Every sports media from ESPN to MLB Network has analyzed the shit out of the reply to show that it hit the bat.
>Or what that would have led to.
Correct, which is why I said in the VERY post that you're replying to:
>I'm not saying that the Yankees would've for sure won had Girardi challenged that play, the Indians are a very resilient team

Bigger over hyped postseason bust
Trout or Judge?

Kluber

Don't forget Sale and Bellinger.

How's your first postseason?

Scherzer vs a literal who tomorrow. Is Nats/Cubs going to 5?

Stop living in the past.

David Robertson was in his third inning when Bruce hit the home run, just two days removed after throwing 50+ pitches. I saw him giving up the lead from a mile away, and really don't understand Girardi's logic for keeping him out there. Frazier wasn't playing third when the Indians walked-off.

More like game 4.

Then again aces are wild this year, who knows.

Which of these teams traded for Trout and have him on the roster?

Scherzer and Strasburg close out the cubs in Chicago.

Yeah I forgot Frazier was pulled for Torreyes. Still, why were these looked at the missing pieces? I give credit to Nurse for the WC game but the Twins really shit the bed in that one.
>didn't hit the bag

Dodgers/Cubs NLCS who wins?

>ESPN to MLB Network
Wew, I forgot that the umps call them up for reviews during the game.
>Correct, which is why I said in the VERY post that you're replying to
Because you would be harping on a single decision if you thought it had a so-so impact on the game, and not a major turning point.

>the delusion of yaks fans

I always thought it was just a meme.

you're right desu

Just let it go mate. It was a missed call from the ump and a bad decision by Girardi even though it was more his staff's fault than his own. It definitely helped >us rally back though they probably could have won without it.

t. actually existing nonexistant injuns fag

surely the yankees bullpen would be able to hold onto a 1 run lead with only 3 innings left to play right? nope? oh well thats ok aaron judge has a few at bats coming up maybe he can homer right? no? surely the yankees can cash in on three opportunities with runners in scoring position right

Nats

>nats
>winning a playoff series

>stop discussing baseball

The whole point is that the evidence overwhelmingly pointed to the call being overturned. Based off the evidence we have, the play would've been overturned which would've stopped the big inning from happening. Yes, there is always the 'chance' that the play wouldn't have been overturned, but that was unlikely.

>Yes, there is always the 'chance' that the play wouldn't have been overturned, but that was unlikely.
you must be an mlb replay official to make a call like that

Not really what I was saying. No need to be belligerent friend.

>the Yankees are favored in challenges because the replays are done in New York
>the Yankees wouldn't have won the replay challenge on Friday
Hmmmmm....

>This Guy

>>the Yankees are favored in challenges because the replays are done in New York
surely you have a source on this right? you wouldnt just go around making unsubstantiated claims right?

That's what /mlb/ always tells me

Dodgers will choke their next three games because jansen really arrives and blows all his opportunities

>'Stros go on a 8 game win streak and sweep the playoffs

*blocks your path*

Has Chris fire-Sale sperged out yet on these Red Sox jerseys?

More likely: Roberts gives Baez two relief appearances and he blows them both. Jansen is called in during the elimination game with bases loaded, winning run at third, and someone (Jansen?) can't field the ball.

You're missing the r/baseball raid. Fun shit

Screen capped just in case

>pls hire me

>capping your own post

SAD!

Nice baseball posyt

Nobody is this retarded. This is not real.

fml

It is HA HA HA HA

>getting nervous because it sounds feasible
SAD!

Not my post lol, probably a nervous doyers fan

what a fucking faggot

>tfw even if the yankees are swept they still technically won more playoff games than the red sox

Why was the East so weak this year?

Sup Forumsstros!