So was he The Thing or not in the end?

So was he The Thing or not in the end?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SppG-I_Dhxw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I guess we'll wait and see...

I just watched this movie a couple nights ago and personally I think he was. People can say whatever they want about the coats, but that's only half of it.

How did he see Blaire in the snow if the Blaire-Thing was in the generator room? It doesn't make any sense for him to say he saw anyone considering the only people left were himself, Garry, Nauls, and Mac. He clearly got assimilated and ran off into the night in case BT didn't succeed and only came back to check who won

>autists won't let this shit go so we'll have to get a sequel trilogy to explain it in detail

I was going to say, why dont we just have a drink and wait a while and see what happens..

Yeah but what throws me off is that Childs has earrings and that gleam in the eye thats supposed to reveal you are human

>“So we were looking for some kind of a subtle way, to say which one of these (men) might be human. You’ll notice there’s always an eye light, we call it, a little gleam in the eye of the actor. It gives life.”

>In those final shots. Kurt Russell has the gleam lighting in his eyes. Childs does not! Make of that what you will.

>MacReady in the light
>Childs in the dark

this is the last time they met as friends

I think The Thing is arguable the best scifi movie ever made.

Are there any other movies that would give me the same vibes as The Thing?

>>they were never friends. just a bunch of fucked up guys who worked together at the metaphorical and literal end of the world. when you get a job and move out of mommys basement youll understand the difference.

You're new here, aren't you?

I wish.

Yes, you can clearly see Mac's breath, but Childs is not breathing.

The only problem with that is Bennings-Thing had breath

There's a video game and it's considered canon

(childs was a thing)

I guess my brain is shit, I was entirely positive when you found his body he was a thing

He has to be. Why would he run off into the middle of a storm without telling the others what he saw?

He's still wearing a different coat which proves that theory and he was clearly lying about Blair. All of that, the fact that he had no breath, and like said, why would he go off to fight the Thing in the middle of the night alone and why did he not turn back as soon as he saw the generator go out?

He was 100% a Thing at the end

rank his kino

escape from new york > the fog > the thing > assault on precinct 13 > prince of darkness > in the mouth of madness > big trouble in little china > halloween > christine > starman > vampires > village of the damned > ghosts of mars > escape from LA

And at the end of the game Macready comes out of nowhere, apparently having survived alone for months with no food or shelter.

Macready was the Thing.

They were all infected. They were both The Thing.

if either of them were the thing why wouldn't they just kill the other guy?

they are defenceless and easy to fucking kill so why wouldn't the thing kill the human?

Macready had his flamethrower pointed at Childs. He knew he was the Thing.

Video games are not canon

If Carpenter worked on it and even did a voice role in it then it is canon.

worst case scenario

that was thing-carpenter. kino auteurs do not condescend to work in pleb mediums

Because it isn't just going to run up on the guy who blew away a bigger Thing as itself. It was trying to catch Mac off guard and even then he had a flare under his coat which is confirmed in the script and Kurt Russel

You not liking canon doesn't make it not canon

Childsfags BTFO how will they ever recover?

How?

hmmmm...

Yeah Childs drinks the whisky without thinking twice

Definitely the thing

He had a flamethrower under his jacket iirc not a flare

how would Mac know that the Thing would not be able to tell whisky from water?

It's wasn't about the taste, it was his willingness to drink from a bottle when it was stated that a particle can infect you and everyone was preparing their own meals

ah i see, makes sense

What order do you guys think everyone was infected?

People were floating around the theory the bottle was filled with gasoline and him drinking it he wasn't human.

I think it aged better than alien

But fuck i haven't seen Alien in 10 years

See

This one always irked me. If there was any importance to that scene it was because it's linked to the chess scene in the beginning of the movie

And just like the chess game he beat his opponent with whiskey

damn Carpenter was playing 33 degree chess with the audience

Oh fuck I didn't even think of this

I don't disagree with Childs being a Thing. But at that point in the film, even if he wasn't a thing, I think he would've just thought 'fuck it, if we're gonna die frozen out here, i'm gonna have some whiskey'

With every thread ppl we get closer to answering this goddamn question, but it'll never be close enough.

Answer: Childs was the Thing

The whole point of the end is that you don't know, John carpenter says it's one of them but there's no real proof in either direction. We're not meant to know the answer, it's the lady or the tiger.

childs was a tranny?

No, it was Childs

1. Lies about Blaire
2. Different coat
3. No breath
4. Drinks whiskey without thinking
5. John says ones a Thing and the bottle was whiskey
6. Kurt had a flamethrower
7. Childs dead in game

It was Childs and Sup Forums solved it in under 100 posts

Nice.

you can see his breath REEE

It's pretty much unanimous that Childs was a Thing.

Childs does have a breath. Just very hard to see in the way the scene was shot.

I like this guys analysis though. Pretty much solidifies whats already been said in this thread
youtube.com/watch?v=SppG-I_Dhxw