That budget

>that budget
>that gross

>hasn't even been one week

can't wait for unsplitable

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.4plebs.org/tv/thread/78488892/#78490975
empireonline.com/movies/features/m-night-shyamalan-split/
hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/james-mcavoy-patricia-hedwig-barry-personalities-split-as-backwards-superhero-movie-rapid-rou
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Is this Shyamalakino?

yeah

>had to go to Blumhouse for production
I mean he did this to himself, but I still feel bad

THE NEXT SPIELBERG
SHAMALAMADINGDONG STRIKES AGAIN

So will the success go to his head and make him ruin his career again or has he learned his lesson?

The last time he found such success he followed it up with Unbreakable...

>Shamylan makes a box office hit
2017 really is the Year of the Meme

And then went to shit immediately. What's your point?

No the last time he had success was Signs.

Wow people want to see a movie that isn't a remake or capeshit, who would've thought that?

>Wow people want to see a movie that isn't a remake or capeshit,

>or capeshit

this was a good movie

It was actually alright.

The slut form VVitch better be in it she grew some nice tits

just watched it
its a decent movie

but the "twist" ending isnt even a twist
jesus its like so dumb to be honest
especially because the argument was that its really about the abilities of the human mind (so long as you genuinely believe it)
but then it just turns out its within the universe of there existing a handful of special people on earth that have certain abilities

but yeah as an actual thriller its very passable

i thought every subplot didnt really end
>no real conclusion between the doctor and the crazy
>no real conclusion about the guys past abuse
>no real conclusion about the main girls past abuse (still lives with her uncle as a guardian?)

kind of stupid how it ended so abruptly

but then again its a movie about a guy that took two shotgun blasts without as much as a scratch because he believed he could

Tell me more about this movie, Im hesitant to watch it because its Shaylameme and the only movie I watched in 2017 was Arrival so my expectations are temporarily high

It's a little better than the dreck Shyamalan has been churning out for the last decade but it's still not very good. You should wait till it hits the torrents.

>yfw Mr Glass, unbreakable man (bruce willis), and "the horde" all exist in the same universe
>yfw this is the beginning of an M Knight Shammy capeshit cinematic universe

Is he back?

>M,Night has a more successful cinematic universe than DC

>Signs
>shit

wow a movie that profits from abelism is great just fucking great

split personality disorder isn't something to fucking make a movie about to entertain people, you fucking intolerable pigs

fuck you, fuck you all to hell and fuck m night for being the perpetrator of this shit

For like a minute.

fuck no, he was primed and ready to be sent to oblivion and now we will have to keep putting up with more poo movies from this disgusting Pajeetmalan

FUCK

>>no real conclusion about the main girls past abuse (still lives with her uncle as a guardian?)

I thought it was implied she was gonna tell the cop in the end because she now knows she's strong or something.

But yeah the doctor just kind of realizes Split's violent and dies, and the guy's abuse is just a generic excuse for him to go crazy. I guess there's a connection with the VVitch's abuse or whatever.

>9 million budget
how the fuck did he keep the jew from inflating the budget

>$50,000,000 gross in a week
>that means everyone hates capeshit now
>even though capeshit makes that much in a day
Was it autism?

>2017
>Shampoo is relevant again
THIS

FUCKING

TIMELINE

They know he was box office poison, despite giving him multiple chances for a very long time; but the Visit did very well last year against a $5 million budget, and people kind of liked it. Plus any decently advertised film with a production budget that low is bound to recoup on cost. $9 million is literally piss money.

Remember those Adam Sandler tax fraud films that cost upwards of $50 million?

To give some numbers:

Jack and Jill: $79m
That's My Boy: $70m
Grown Ups 2: $80m
Blended: $40m
Ridiculous 6: $60m

Kubo and the Two Strings: $60m
Shin Godzila: $15m
Arrival: $47m
La La Land: $30m
Manchester by the Sea: $8.5m

decent torrent ?

Kevin's mother suffered from the same thing Kevin did and punished him physically for his room having dirt in it, that forced him to develop the first ego Dennis, which has a horrible hatred of anything unclean. Think of it like "tiers" A certain threshold has to of been reach for the ego to 'unlock" The tranny from most likely came out of Barry's taste of fashion

That's fucking absurd. How hasn't Sandler's production company been audited into oblivion?

>Having to work with Academy Award nominated producer Jason Blum

What an indignity. Might as well just quit the movie business now.

DO NOT DOWNLOAD IT! GO AND PAY MONEY TO SEE IT!

I want an Unbreakable sequel and more films of this genre by M. Night.

He needs our support so go and pay money to see it and let's make this get a great box office

first half was good
second half wasn't as good
girls in underwear were good

>I want an Unbreakable sequel

I have good news for you!

>Released only a couple days ago
>$46 million
The master has returned

>A 17 year old thriller now has an extended universe
This is getting out of hand

Punished Manoj

honestly, I'm happy that M Night has been able to dig himself out of his hole.

Unbreakable 2 is pretty much a sure thing already. Shamalam has proven to the studios that can he can do a lot with a small budget while making a great return, and Bruce Willis is flat on his ass right now.

split is unbreakable 2

Just rewatched this movie online (saw it in the theaters opening weekend). It's actually a good deal better than I initially gave it credit for, since you can notice every little thing that adds to the characters, namely on McAvoy's part.

And knowing how it already ended, it feels good that this type of movie doesn't really hinge on the ending. Shyamalan had better deliver for whatever's following this in-universe -- I have high hopes he can consolidate a great trilogy in his career to at least be remembered by.

>PG13

>that picture
topkek

>Jack and Jill: $79m
>That's My Boy: $70m
>Grown Ups 2: $80m
W
T
F
?

No one is gonna mention the Blasian's ass?? Damn she looked goodddddd

Main actor probably is getting like a 30% cut though.

Of the gross? Highly doubtful.

>James McAvoy, an attractive and successful 37 year old man, is married to THIS
>a 46 year old Gollum impersonator
JUST

They probably don't do those deals anymore because some actors like Jim Carry have made a boatload of money off of it, or at least a more tame version. He is probably getting a 10-20% cut on profits.

9 million dollar production budget doesn't cover for big actors.

Apparently while on set he was an absolute bro and hated anyyyya lmao because her entire career is bought

I'm not going to pretend like I wasn't one of the people who laughed at his string of failures.

This was really good though. Make more like it Shyamalanadingdong.

Well they're separated as of last year. Whether or not they work things out is probably dependent on their child.

shes kawaii how dare he

That is genuinely hard to look at. She must give the good succ.

That's a 10/10 in Scotland though.

>Domestic: 88.7%

It's gotta be so Sandler can pay his out-of-work friends. Or embezzlement.

why don't americans go see his movies anymore?

>Massively profitable
>High RT score

HE'S BACK

>People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer, but yeah, I'm thinking I'm back.

>start as a horror thriller about a mental pantient
>ends as a Supervillain Origin story
Not even mad, good shit Shayafamalan.

>Or embezzlement
*ding ding ding*
Hollywood embezzlement through production companies has been going on for as long as there have been movie production companies. Sandler just seems to be egregiously blatant about it.

>pay his out of work friends

L O L

That's actually just par for the location costs of filming in LA and the amount of advertising put in for a worldwide release.

Shitty horror movies make money like no other genre, and the success of Shyamalan isn't testament to him being better but him hitting a specific market.

The Gallows cost $100k and made ~$40million
Paranormal Activity: The Ghost Dimension cost $10million and made almost $80million
Ouija: Origin of Evil cost $9million and made $80million
Hell, even the Bye Bye Man cost only $7million and has so far made over twice its budget with $22million
And if you're thinking it's just a Halloween thing, the VVitch came out in Feb, cost only $3million and made $40million

If you wanna make money in the film industry without any actual creative effort, make shitty horror movies.

The costs of advertising aren't included in the production budget, and it's actually not that expensive to film LA.

Please elaborate.

Hasn't released

If you wanna make small money sure. But %profit doesn't matter, only net profit does. Big budget movies make hundreds of millions of dollars of profit, not just a few million.

Guy who worked on set gave us some stuff, been confirmed that he's legit btw
> there wasn't a feud it wasn't even really common knowledge, prof x just thought she was kind of pretentious and entitled since she comes from money and her career has pretty much been bought. There was never a blowout or argument on set or anything like that

archive.4plebs.org/tv/thread/78488892/#78490975

>no real conclusion about the main girls past abuse (still lives with her uncle as a guardian?)

to me she had a look on her face like she was ready to tell the police about the abuse

did mcavoy owe him a favor or something? he's one of the best actors working today. how did m night get him for so cheap? was the script really just that good?

McAvoy probably got BO points.

Perhaps it just sounded like a fun role to do?

Mcavoy's done with one capeshit franchise so he's moving onto another, this time without a young boy molesting director at the helm

The ad campaign was relatively large for this film

empireonline.com/movies/features/m-night-shyamalan-split/

>Split has this phenomenal central performance at its heart from James McAvoy. When did you cast him?

>I’d never met James. I only knew him through a handful of his most famous parts, and I was a huge admirer of his elegance. He also seemed to be this leading man who just wanted to act. There was a humility about him. I knew he did stage acting a lot. That was important to me, that he have stagecraft. Initially when I was looking at men who could play this, it’s a very small list. Who can play a child? Who can play a woman? Who can play the physicality? Just asking those questions, it’s very difficult to find somebody. He wasn’t available initially and I don’t remember what movie went away, but they called and said he’s available.

>He takes risks as an actor. Filth, Trance.

>I feel he’s the most courageous actor. When you get to that skill level of acting, I understand actors’ tack towards biopics. They want to go for it, they want to be dangerous but they want the patina of protection which is, ‘I was acting crazy because he was’. It takes a very different courage to really go for it in an original movie. Especially late in a career. You’ll often find someone will go for it as they’re coming up, or a biopic like Wolf Of Wall Street. But James did it because I made it up. I’m not sure his peers that are at his level of acting would have been as courageous. He almost doesn’t have a fear button.

you're talking as if mcavoy was an a-lister

hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/james-mcavoy-patricia-hedwig-barry-personalities-split-as-backwards-superhero-movie-rapid-rou

>What attracted you to this role and working with M. Night Shyamalan?

>It was the opportunity. Getting to play one of the characters would have been a fun and interesting thing for me to do as an actor, but to get to do that nine times, with nine different, interesting and dynamic characters, seemed like a great opportunity. I thought it was really well-written, and it kept doing that thing of, every time a question was answered, it was answered with another question, so there was constant reveals all the way along, which I thought was a really fun way of storytelling, and I just thought it would be a challenge, to be honest with you. It would either be something either really good or really bad, but it probably wouldn't live somewhere in between and kind of in that place where I'd like to be as a performer. Add in to that, talking to Night, we got along very well, and we had very similar ideas about what the characters would be like, but also our approach to storytelling and how we go about our day, so we were quite in sync with each other. It seemed like it would be a good experience, so I jumped in, and thankfully it was, it was an absolutely fantastic experience.

BASED MCAVOY

>How involved were you in terms of coming up with the personalities and working with Shyamalan on that?

>Night had already finished the script. [And] I got [involved with the project] fairly late, so it was my job to realize and execute what he'd done on paper. I took a couple of the characters in a slightly different direction to what they were on the page, but it was a solid script. And he's the kind of director where he wants to make his movie as it is on the page — he doesn't want you improvising your way through the film. He wants it done like a play. He wants the words respected, and I really enjoyed that. Because most movies you're on, the director — at various points, if not quite often — is asking you to make some shit up and improvise your way around the scene and hopefully come up with something else that might help elevate it. … Your job when you're an actor onstage, although you've got to respect the words pretty religiously, your job is to forget the script exists and make it feel like it belongs to you completely.

>the passive aggressive cuck whining about his girl because he's not as successful , talented, rich, or as attractive as him

Not very PC to call it split personality disorder rather than DID. Tumblr btfo.

Anya Taylor-Joy looked gorgeous, and bouncy, throughout this movie. She almost stole the show from McAvoy

probably his second best movie

Too bad she can't act for shit

literally who?!

no one's cares about any of the actors except BASED MCAVOY. m night's lucky as fuck that he finally got a good script and was able to lure mcavoy in with that, in a lesser actor's hands this would've been a worse movie for sure. possibly even just straight up bad.

im guessing bait
and she was in VVitch, Morgan and now Split, hopefully isnt pigeonholed into horror/thrillers

Your waifu looks like an alien faggot

This. I saw it last night and it's actually pretty fucking mediocre, and it's really only worth watching for a good performance by McAvoy. It wasn't awful, but it wasn't good either.

>did you like my movie user??

her entire career is bought

>tfw no hammerhead gf

so random guy who worked on the set happened to come on here and share the inner workings of what mcavoy thought, had a big sit down conversation with him did he? seems a bit thin

Probably just did it for fun, I would imagine a "real" actor would love the chance to do multiple characters

Did you read the whole thread? Mcavoy frequently went out for beer with the crew