Attached: rausch.png (1100x952, 2.31M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=emUETcnDxnY
youtube.com/watch?v=-eyAxdYz6dM
kompakt.fm/releases/rausch_2xlp_dl
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

looks like forest ambient is back on the menu boys

babkpambient*
So, how will that album be any different from their previous four albums, which all sound exactly the same? This coming from a huge fan of their first two (maye three), btw

more like ASS. however, these dubs aren't ass

hope its not a sleeper like the last album

Pumped for this release - I’m seeing him this weekend in Knoxville. How did you all like Narkopop? Track 10 was my favorite

Narkopop was okay but I wasn't a fan of the particular sound. Let's hope his new album is more classic ambient techno.

Yeah, that’s what I’m hoping. Wasn’t a huge fan of Narkopop overall, but I liked some of the concepts.

What dubs?

>inb4 Fandango pans it and everyone immediately stops caring about it

anyone else love GAS but hate all the kick-drum based tracks. The pure ambient portions of Pop and Zauberberg are goat

if he's going to lazily shit out another album like narkopop I have absolutely zero interest in a new gas record
narkopop was easily the most overrated ambient album of last year. I've held this opinion way before fantano reviewed that shit so fuck off. it was produced so amateurishly and so hastily that I could legitimately hear the musical grain on some of the tracks, and, unlike the 4/4 kicks that made some of the tracks off pop legitimately groovy, the kick drums on narkopop were so unabashedly generic and fucking stock that it ruined what little interesting sound play was going on. track after track of these blatantly paulstretch psuedo-tape loops that went on for way too long and presented way too little.
I honestly do not understand why narkopop got as much praise as it did, quite possibly one of the worst "come back records" in recent memory

pop 4 is so good though, the kicks elevate the track to be legitimately groovy

What I didn't like about Narkopop is that it had strings.
I'm thinking of the stuff that comes at 0:42:
youtube.com/watch?v=emUETcnDxnY
I really don't like that sonic change. It's too "in your face" or something... Can't reallly explain it. Narkopop 10 however was a great track.

>Their
Narkopop is the worst Gas album imo and 10 was one of my least favorite tracks on it. I'd give the album a solid 7/10.
Pop 4 is easily of my favorite Gas tracks.

dope
it was good, fits well in the discography

One of*

I like GAS but Wolfgang Voigt is pretty overrated. I wasn't suprised Narkopop was weak, the man hasn't made a good release in 10 years.

>What I didn't like about Narkopop is that it had strings.
Sounds like he's continuing with the strings
youtube.com/watch?v=-eyAxdYz6dM

This kinda reminds me of Biosphere which is a plus.

Attached: 2.png (1692x952, 2.39M)

Hehe what the fuck. Does he review many techno albums?

Hes p clueless when it comes to bleeps

reminder that Königsforst is his best album and he'll never top it.

Attached: a4250759689_16.jpg (700x700, 132K)

Zauberberg is his best

I think Melon had good taste when it comes to rock and hip-hop but he's a disgrace talking about bleep bloop and jazz. That review was just a confirmation for me.

It's hard to find another cover art that resembles its music this well.

fantano reviewing electronic music is a fucking joke, the melon doesn't care about electronic music at all and has not cared about it ever since his inception on youtube.

>tfw Gass died last year
;_;

>mfw Fantano fans will never ruin Deepchord for you
feels good desu

Gas died rught after the release of Pop. Have you heard any of his work from the last 20 years? He made like 30 albums under different pseudonyms but the only worthy one is pic related which is from 1998.

Attached: R-56189-1411378990-1220.jpeg.jpg (600x600, 86K)

word this 1000 times
by far my favourite record of his

please stop

>>Their

fantano's reviews of electronic music should be taken with a major grain of salt tbqh

It's possible he could top it. It's not flawless.

fucking incredible record

They/Their can be singular, user.

i really liked Life's a Gas and this. Is there any more albums similar to either that he has done?

the only patrician itt

Just bought tickets for a concert next week :) I hope he plays music from Rausch.

So wrong. The album Gas he released under his real name is incredible, and so is Rückverzauberung 10. Burger/Ink - Las Vegas 2010 is one of his best as well.

Attached: gaswolfgang.jpg (250x300, 11K)

Pop is better, but I think this is a close second.

i wish he had the guts to review more albums like this. i liked it, but it's nice to see someone who doesnt just try to appease cultish fans. always like christgau for that. fantano seems to be phoning it in these day, rarely gives anything that's not mainstream overt garbage less than a 6.

the label's site have some previews kompakt.fm/releases/rausch_2xlp_dl

these

Track 2 sounds damn good!

agreed.
huerco s and dedekind cut's 2018 releases are gonna outshine rausch for sure. especially huerco, he really delivered.