XXx

How is this a successful film series? Are people really this fucking stupid?

The first one was really popular when it came out
The second one with Ice Cube ended his acting career until Straight Outta Compton

Vin can make just about anything successful.

Didn't he appear in 21 Jump street before that?

ice cube wasn't in straight outta compton

Oh shit I thought he was
Well I guess he's right Also the third xXx didn't even make that much money

people are getting nostalgic about horrible dogshit from the early 2000's. expect transporter sequels soon.

Transporter 1 and 2 were kino though.

Also we already got a Transporter reboot last year starring the bad guy from Deadpool.

There was that movie and a Transporter tv series on TNT.

XXX trilogy > star wars trilogy

These movies (not so much the second) are fun as fuck. It's over the top and ridiculous and is just trying to be exactly that. Nothing wrong with that at all.

yes

2 is hilariously fucking dumb. There's one scene where Darius Stone (Cube) infiltrates a fancy party so he can spy on his archememy Willem Dafoe. His spy technique is to literally walk right up to Dafoe and stand next to him so he can hear what Willem is saying. Ah, but the beauty of this technique is that Ice is shielding his face with a strategically placed tray of champagne glasses.

The xXx franchise is basically a parody of the action genre. If you watch them with a comedy/action mindset they're pretty great popcorn movies.

Holy fuck.

I remember writing it off because of no Vin Diesel but maybe I was too quick to judge

Seconds later his cover is blown when somebody takes two glasses off the tray! Our hero revealed!

The first one is funny as hell and has a great use of practical effects to portray its action, while also knowing how to provide absolutely chaotic scenes with a sense of direction and expansion. You should see it, first and foremost, as a parody of Brosnan-era James Bond (which is even goofier, but it took itself seriously) with actual remarkable work behind it.

I got the see the latest one for free today and it was horrible. Not even a trump supporter but I'm now convinced that Chinese people can't make good movies. XXX3 was produced by the Shanghi Group and it just reeked of chinese influence. They tried to make it the chink version of a global block buster by casting stars from different countries while still trying to appeal to americans but it failed on all accounts.

Even though I got to see it for free I almost walked out of the theater because it started to make my head hurt. The movie was like case study bad, do film schools have classes where they dissect shit movies? They should

Also, you can complain about Vin Diesel, but his charisma and line delivery is hardly matched within his peers.

>riding the wave on motors with ski's under them

>Hey guys its so bad, its good, I promise, just turn your mind off.

It is actually good. The Jamaica sequence in xXx is fantastically edited, and, well, the obvious comedy tone helps.

>Are people stupid...
>Fast and furious 8
>Transformers..6?
>Step it up..?7
>DC movies

It's entertaining, which is the point of a movie like this. Goofy over the top action is fun and the action is relatively well done. Not everything needs to be a cerebral movie you watch to explore the human condition. Sometimes you just want to see Vin Diesel chase Donnie Yen on jetski motorcycles.

Why not a Krav Maga powered jetpack?

I assume those will be in the next movie.

I remember Sam Jackson being really unhinged in this.

>I TOLD YA YOU SHOLDA KILLED THAT WHITE BITCH!

It was Rico Strong, not Ice Cube

I went into expecting nothing whatsoever and ended up being thoroughly entertained for the xXx amount of hours it went on for. I can't hate a movie where the hero goes skiing through a tropical rainforest, or where he quips 'I live for this shit' before jumping out of an exploding military airplane. I'm afraid I'm made of weaker stuff. Every once in a while, you have to turn your brain off and enjoy something for what it is. Also, I reckon it was about as intelligent as anything coming out of Marvel or DC, it's just that the writers were kind enough to distill all of those pointless, portentous monologues into their base components: tyrants versus civilians- or something.

>Also, I reckon it was about as intelligent as anything coming out of Marvel or DC, it's just that the writers were kind enough to distill all of those pointless, portentous monologues into their base components: tyrants versus civilians- or something.

Even more so, it has actual self awareness.

>Transporter tv series

I see it got cancelled with no proper ending

kek, ironic af

This is exactly how I felt watching the original in the theater when it came out.

This. Samuel L Jackson looked like he was having more fun too.

but transporter is rebooted?

>not even bald
What the fuck were they thinking?

saw it for free too on IMAX 3D. Movie was terrible but could have been better if they didn't try to act as if there are fans of the XXX franchise and to win them with fanservice.

If this movie had two action scenes to replace a few scenes, I think this would have been a decent "turn off you brain" flick.

he has 2 scenes, he's happy because they paid him to do fuck all

i remember a part where he chases a train in a car and takes it onto the tracks where the tires bust off and the rims magically align with the tracks allowing him to catch up to the train

and a part near the end where he's diving from jumping off the now exploded train from a bridge and actually avoids wreckage by steering his fall. it's looney toons

he didn't really do much in the first one either.

After that he falls off the bridge and starts falling towards the water below. Before he lands he takes out his gun and shoots the water to break the surface tension so he survives the fall. It's full of insanely dumb shit like that.

I agree, it's the same thing with Fast n' Furious movies. Vin's just buff nerd who understands that there's no point taking himself and his movies too seriously and just does what he wants and that's basically mindless entertainment.

>it's an "autists can't suspend belief for 1 hour to watch a mindless action/comedy movie" episode

Not a fan of these episdoes

I like the original but this turd made me cringe fucking hard throughout the entire thing.
I agree but they took it to another level of dumb shit happening this time. Most of the xXx sidekicks felt forced and out of place too.

Ridiculous plot + over the top action + most importantly an international cast (because US box office matters much less now than it did years ago) = good recipe for a hit.

Your Mom got all hot and bothered at this then sat on your Daddys cock. How does this make you feel?

>T***p gets elected
>Still asking if people are really this stupid

It's pure mindless entertainment without any pretentious bullshit.

>I like the original

I stopped watching the original once a series of motorcyle ramps magically appeared so vin diesel could do "sick" motorcycle jumps over them.

You should've too.

The new one is the exact same shit.