/our guy/ general

prove you deserve his salvation.

Attached: Screenshot_20180319-190732-563x392.png (563x392, 281K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/kkoB6tPygv0
youtu.be/ChpM8aA6mUQ
youtu.be/1PQMKSJFjt0
youtu.be/51hnr1owPlQ
youtube.com/watch?v=6oc2C_ZAcK8
youtube.com/watch?v=mymke-Ih0yY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Start listening to Swirlies

Attached: 5.png (582x677, 442K)

Who cares about a dude who likes Oasis

epic deconstruction

>Lift Your Skinny Fists is the most basic shit ever, like yeah let's do a fucking marching endless crescendo... ugh God there's just no fucking thought to that music it's the most fucking banal shit ever. And then you go and wrap it up in like pseudo-political 'food not bombs' bullshit? Like get that fucking crap out of my music. I just wanna fucking look at dead trees, okay? Like, I'm all set. I'm pretty sure you don't have the world figured out.

Attached: 39873893.png (279x415, 152K)

he's 100% correct and the triggered responses from Sup Forumscore children who got into post-rock through Sup Forums and RYM lists will never get old

I can see why he hates Godspeed, but Tortoise is pretty good

GYBE does fucking suck.

At least someone finally said it.

Bedhead were super dull

the hell is The Otter even doing these days?

based af
thank you chris

I like Oasis.
I like how much he loves that Duran Duran Record.
I’m disappointed he shat on Slowdive and Pearl Jam (Vitalolgy is a great record).
I heard his Unknown Pleasures 33-1/3 was garbage.
I love his understanding that Cobain was a selfish junkie with talent and that he shouldn’t be deified.
I want to see him fight the melon.
Ok that’s all, thanks guys.

>its a bloviating soy man pretentiously talking about shit that sucks and saying 'fuckin'' every other word episode

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-03-19 at 8.38.35 PM.png (942x606, 553K)

I asked him what his take was on current 93/death in june etc and neo folk. I expect him to shit on it, but I just want some sort of explanation

Attached: iRjCtie.jpg (350x347, 92K)

ONE. OF. US.

Attached: 11E36C69-447A-4E61-9274-02E7B78656B1.jpg (266x190, 13K)

i think that might be ryan screiber who definitely isn't one of us

what is this picture

based

king of the shit cats

is it ott i seriously cant tell

Ryan Schreiber

shit, cat

Did he shit on Tortoise? If so, he’s wrong.

he said they were the worst band ever till neutral milk hotel came around

tortoise are extremely full of shit and the knowledge of TNT and shit was just used as a secret handshake by indie kids so they could let each other know they're cool and that they know whats up

Ott is Varg-lite

he talked with melon awhile ago

Are these the kind of critiques this guy gives too? Lmao

i lived long enough to see chris becoming a forced mu meme, like fantano, fml

if you disagree with this you have shit taste in post rock. post rock should be classical/experimental music played with rock instrumentation not movie soundtracks played with rock instrumentation.

BASED

>post rock should be classical/experimental music played with rock instrumentation
Why does this guy love slowcore so much then?

I'm amazed at how he predicted Pale Waves in his goth video years ago

Fucking Based.

Which bands do this?

*blocks your path*

Attached: 9DF35819-AF9B-4ACD-B0D9-BC1CA0FFF395.jpg (900x900, 100K)

there is something really sad about a middle-aged man talking about teenage indie bands like they are some sort of cultural artifcat that is actually worth discussing at length

guitar music, not even once

Ryan Schreiber

>likes The Cure, Radiohead, Sonic Youth, Oasis and other pop-rock abominations for mentally and emotionally challenged teenagers
>/ourguy/
Literally soy: the critic

There is something really sad about you posting this in every Ott thread.

>likes The Cure, Radiohead, Sonic Youth, Oasis and other pop-rock abominations
Source?

>Literally soy: the critic
So, our guy.

>radiohead
>pop-rock
kill yourself, nice, hard and slow.

Thanks for posting this, good way to weed out all the redditors

Chronic Town

our guy = ,my ass

We heard you the first time, but there's this:
>likes The Cure, Radiohead, Sonic Youth, Oasis and other pop-rock abominations
So, now what?

If I might go full Freud I think twink soyboys here would love to get rammed while touching that elevated middle class hair

I don't know, I was just pointing out how that post made all the redditors crawl out of their holes

lol are you seriously calling people who *don't* like GY!BE redditors ?

His opinion on Labradford's discography is vomitworthy. E Luxo So sounds like a scrapped soundtrack. It's literally 'holyshitguyslookatthesetearsinmyeyes'core. And not the tolerable kind. Early Labradford is actually interesting. Even if it wears it's influences pretty heavily.

>I don't know, I was just pointing out how that post made all the redditors crawl out of their holes
What point are you even making? Naming a website just because? You've just agreeing with someone's opinion, it's not as if he's a legitimate and knowledgeable music reviewer like .

any first wave band really, not classical though

Most of them, yes. That album didn't become Sup Forumscore because we thought it would be funny
I never agreed with his opinion

>That album didn't become Sup Forumscore because we thought it would be funny
which is humorous because "Sup Forumscore" as a concept started as a joke
but yeah, it became Sup Forumscore because 99% of you have boring ass taste and love boring ass fluff because it gets """critical acclaim"""

A redditor and a tripfag, what an awful combination
Sorry, your opinion means nothing to me

>your argument is nonsense
>YOU MUST BE REDDIT REEE STOP IT STOP IT
get a grip dude, gybe isnt some sacred cow
boring ass pseuds who make boring ass music for boring ass losers to have boring ass conversations about

>which is humorous because "Sup Forumscore" as a concept started as a joke
It never should've been considered and taken as anything but. The fact that there are albums like Bitches Brew, Kind of Blue in the same list as Kanye West and Daft Punk tells you everything you need to know.

>get a grip dude, gybe isnt some sacred cow
>boring ass pseuds who make boring ass music for boring ass losers to have boring ass conversations about
Come on, at this point you're not any better than him. You haven't been better than an average shitposter many times at all for that matter.

Wow, thanks for your great and insightful criticism
Why do you think this entire board wants you to hang yourself?

why don't you attack his arguments or opinions. music is ageless, it doesn't matter who is saying something but what they are saying.

>opinions
Sadly it's just that and never was anything but. And he was a former Pitchfork writer for irony's sake. Not to mention that he is in no way comparable to . Not the same poster.

everything I said is true
gybe were cool and mysterious when i was in middle school and by 9th grade I had moved on
genuinely cant understand being so fucking fixated on a bunch of dudes pretending to have deep political / philosophical understanding of life while crafting elaborate (incorrect) conspiracy theories e.g. yanqui uxo, raping their guitars with a screwdriver and calling it "epic" (their own words lol), and just generally being edgy pricks to remind everyone "LOOK, WE'RE POLITICAL" e.g. NO EXPORT TO ISRAEL as if anyone in israel gives a shit about their band
f#a# had some good melodies and development throughout but still cant escape that god awful crescendo fetish, at least adba had some collage-type stuff which they are actually competent at (see exhaust and set fire to flames)
honestly they are just so goddamn cheesy and shallow you really have to wonder how they managed to make it big at all. if some other band had hit that sweet spot and ushered in the third wave (maybe DMST or similar) then I doubt any of us would ever be discussing these larping dorks

ive listened to them more than you have lol

>f#a# had some good melodies and development throughout but still cant escape that god awful crescendo fetish, at least adba had some collage-type stuff which they are actually competent at (see exhaust and set fire to flames)
>honestly they are just so goddamn cheesy and shallow you really have to wonder how they managed to make it big at all. if some other band had hit that sweet spot and ushered in the third wave (maybe DMST or similar)
This is more like it.
>larping dorks
And now you've ruined it. I kept getting disappointed by almost every post rock band I've listened to and decided to analyze F A ∞ to determine why. The majority of replies were of course masterpieces like "this is how theoryfags listen to music". Don't to that. I've really only enjoyed Moya.

>ive listened to them more than you have lol
Thanks for the unsubstantiated claim retard

>enjoying a drunken rant until the words "larping dorks"
you are an odd man
>The majority of replies were of course masterpieces like "this is how theoryfags listen to music"
these people exist to be made fun of, so make fun of them
> Don't to that
i believe there is a misunderstanding occurring
> I've really only enjoyed Moya.
moya was OK and honestly some of their crescendo stuff is still alright- rockets fall on rocket falls still gets a regular rotation when im feeling nostalgic- i just get really frustrated with how much of a one-trick pony they were when i spent most of my waking hours during middle school listening to them (and pink floyd lol) because i was kind of lazy when it came to finding new artists
but yeah their side projects have a lot more variety to them which is nice and shows me that they arent complete douchebags, but id be hard pressed to call them important or among the greatest (even on constellation) for any reason other than their influence and self-perpetuating status in post rock

guarantee i was more of a sperg about music in middle school than you are now
not sperg in a good way but in the way of listening to the same few bands over and over and over and over

>but yeah their side projects have a lot more variety to them which is nice and shows me that they arent complete douchebags, but id be hard pressed to call them important or among the greatest (even on constellation) for any reason other than their influence and self-perpetuating status in post rock
Only Sigur Ros so far is for me. Explosions in the Sky, Slint, Talk Talk, GY!BE, A Silver Mt. Zion, Swans - not impressed at all. It's almost as if classical musicians were dragged out of an orchestra and did everything in the vein of "Yeah, whatever, it's just rock music, how hard could it be?". I hope I'll find bands I don't feel that way about.

never liked sigur ros, or even talk talk all that much
silver mt zion was always bad- the absolute worst of GYBE but magnified and with shoddy vocals
earlier post rock (90s-2000) was pretty great, spiritual successor of krautrock w/ taking stylistic nods from niche genres and academic music in some cases
youtu.be/kkoB6tPygv0
youtu.be/ChpM8aA6mUQ
youtu.be/1PQMKSJFjt0
youtu.be/51hnr1owPlQ
if you look for third wave stuff you're going to be disappointed- lift yr skinny fists made such a goddamn huge impact its really hard to overstate just how much they inadvertently ruined the scene. quality post rock gets exponentially more difficult to find from 2000-2006 and becomes all but impossible from 2007 onwards
>I hope I'll find bands I don't feel that way about.
if i did then anybody can

>radiohead
>not pop-rock
Listen to more music and stop falling for wikipedia tagging

Biggest fucking faggot on earth

Attached: 7-guys-who-are-unnecessarily-ripped.jpg (818x1200, 265K)

Here's a recommendation:
youtube.com/watch?v=6oc2C_ZAcK8
It's not entirely post rock, although it's always combined with jazz, jazz-rock and ambient.
youtube.com/watch?v=mymke-Ih0yY
Their latest album was produced by Steve Albini. This is what I like, and thanks for your recommendations.

fantano sounds so uninterested in that podcast, can't count the amount of times he said "uh... yeah" or "uh-huh"

>never liked sigur ros, or even talk talk that much
dunno what you expect from post-rock then

ill give them a listen, i have a plane ride coming up so it should be the perfect opportunity
enjoy your night lad

i was going to post something snarky but damn dude you really need to branch out if thats your idea of post rock

yeah id delete that too if i were you

>i was going to post something snarky but damn dude you really need to branch out if thats your idea of post rock
I'm not the user you were having a discussion before but I've listened to plenty of post-rock but dismissing sigur ros or talk talk is just shitting on the cream of the top. You are pretty much projecting your insecurities by now. Name your fav records then, so I can get an idea of your taste, rather than still playing the contrarian card in this thread and shitting on every essential record out there.

>I've listened to plenty of post-rock
don't believe you, not being rude but if your idea of post rock is defined by gy!be, talk talk, and sigur ros then you definitely aren't listening to enough pre-2000 stuff
> Name your fav records then
lol
the overly long list of my favorites was lost back when I axed my first RYM but I'll post the primer I made for people wanting alternate ways "into" post rock next

Durutti Column - The Return of the Durutti Column
Pan American - Pan American
Ganger - Hammock Style
Tarentel - Ghetto Beats From The Surface of the Sun
Sam Prekop - Sam Prekop
Disco Inferno - The 5 EP's
Boris & Merzbow - Rock Dream
Deerhunter - Halcyon Digest
Exhaust - Enregistreur
Do Make Say Think - Goodbye Enemy Airship the Landlord is Dead
Jim O'Rourke - Bad Timing
Gastr Del Sol - Camofleur
Roy Montgomery - Temple IV
Set Fire to Flames - Signs Reign Rebuilder
Southpacific - Constance
The Evpatoria Report - Golevka
Bowery Electric - Beat
Stereolab - Emperor Tomato Ketchup
Jessamine - Jessamine
Moonshake - Eva Luna
Labradford - Prazision LP
The Samuel Jackson Five - Easily Misunderstood
Brokeback - Field Recordings From the Cook County Water Table
Tribes of Neurot / Walking Time Bombs - Static Migration
Lift to Experience - The Texas Jerusalem Crossroads
Macha - See it Another Way
Manta Ray - Manta Ray
Shalabi Effect - Feign to Delight Gaiety of Gods
Circle - Prospekt
Rhys Chatham - An Angel Moves too Fast to See
Ewa Braun - Stereo
Pram - The Stars are so Big, the Earth is so Small... Stay as You Are
John Fahey & Cul De Sac - The Epiphany of Glenn Jones
Laika - Sounds of the Satellites
Friends of Dean Martinez - The Shadow of Your Smile
Tortoise - A Lazarus Taxon
Flying Saucer Attack - Flying Saucer Attack
Bark Psychosis - Hex
Hood - Cabled Linear Tracion
Seven Percent Solution - All About Satellites and Spaceships
Th' Faith Healers - Imaginary Friend
Th' Faith Healers - Lido
Spiritualized - Ladies and Gentlemen We Are Floating in Space
Stereolab & Nurse With Wound - Simple Headphone Mind
Fridge - Sevens and Twelves
The American Analog Set - From Our Living Room to Yours
Hash Jar Tempo - Well Oiled
Seefeel - Quique
PiL - Metal Box
Tony Conrad with Faust - Outside The Dream Syndicate
Grails - Black Tar Prophecies 1, 2, & 3

should give a general idea. helps to put ""classics"" in context instead of listening *only* to them

I'm talking about post-rock albums, not your taste. I wasn't a "POST YOUR ACCOUNT DUDE IM SO MUCH BETTER THAN YOU" type of comment you'd find in a rym thread.

those are all post-rock

lol @ kids trying to talk down
gonna tear my sides asunder if i find out your list is one of the countless clones of my own shares

>I'm talking about post-rock albums
hahahahaha oh my god look at this kid deleting posts when he gets embarrassed
those are all post rock btw

Attached: 1507499070266.png (820x745, 237K)

GOODBYE ENEMY AIRSHIP IS NOT THIRD WAVE DELETE THIS

some of those post-rock records are fine while at the same time it reeks of try hard faggot that wears his music taste as some sort of fashion accessory. There's a lot of post-rock classics that don't have that crescendo-core faggotry you dislike so much. Funny think you love Hex yet you shit on Talk Talk lmao. Evpatoria Reprot has to be the most tepid, generic, piece of shit predictable post-rock by-the-numbers record out there.

>it reeks of try hard faggot that wears his music taste as some sort of fashion accessory
you would know lol

>some of those post-rock records are fine while at the same time it reeks of try hard faggot
laughing at the screen my dude
>There's a lot of post-rock classics that don't have that crescendo-core faggotry you dislike so much.
yeah and ive listened to literally all of the "classics" released pre-2007
your just another kid who has *listened* to post rock for a year max without actually doing any reading or research on your own, you have 0 authority trying to preach this bullshit to me lol
> Funny think you love Hex yet you shit on Talk Talk lmao
"i dont care for" = shitting on something

stay mad while i stay being the guy who is the reason you listened to anything outside of p4k approved post rock

What's the top right album in og?

>your just another kid who has *listened* to post rock for a year max without actually doing any reading or research on your own, you have 0 authority trying to preach this bullshit to me lol
>stay mad while i stay being the guy who is the reason you listened to anything outside of p4k approved post rock
You are reaching this conclusion without knowing nothing anything about my taste and just drawing from just what I pointed out as essential post-rock, which is really sad and pathetic, talks more about your lack of self-awareness. What the fuck do you know? From what I can gather around, you just like pidgeon-hole anyone into "lol you like those post-rock bands that anyone likes u prob p4k/reddit taste i'm so much better than u xd" to anyone who disagrees with you. Rather than dropping some cheap ad hom to validate your insecurity, try to focus in having less of a narrow-minded egotistical understanding of music and different opinions/perspectives. Not everyone that loves GY!BE or Talk Talk is some post-rock tourist, you are just a pussy that has the need to reach conclusions constantly to make yourself believe that you are above anyone else. Though maybe you are just autistic and I'm losing my time.

Passive aggressive much?

still laughing at you

>heh i'm just gonna laugh at you, tough luck pal
you are just proving my point

lol @ someone who brings up ad hominem and then acts like his wack-ass thought terminating cliches aren't fallacious
you have nothing dude, you chose the literal worst music topic to try and toe up to me on. you are embarrassing yourself and slapping out walls of text about ~me~ instead of the music because you don't know dick about the music
this is why you're getting laughed out of the thread
the guy i was talking to earlier started talking about ~music~ and being civil so i followed suit and didn't start tearing him a new asshole because that's generally much more pleasant for everyone involved
you immediately got butthurt that I didn't like your sacred cows and then got insecure when i made fun of you
honestly though i feel bad for making you upset i can tell you're young by the way you argue

what is this shit

Attached: 1347585917981.jpg (400x400, 25K)

>Those are post-rock
Since when is PiL post-rock?

since they released "albatross"
the gist of it if i recall is that metal box can be argued to fit the bill for many of the "definitions" for post rock in particular with its penchant for stylistic mixing
(im being lazy but the argument in favor of pil being post rock is in the archive under one of my different names)

I think it would just fit as influential for post-rock, much like The Ascension or No Pussyfooting were.

>Since when is PiL post-rock
Have you not heard Second Edition?

whatever works, i included it back when anons throwing themselves into arguments with me was the main attraction of post rock threads to see if i could make the argument, never took it off the list
glad you dont take it too seriously from a semantics standpoint