Ben Affleck says ‘Batman’ film has no script and still isn’t a ‘set thing’

nme.com/news/film/ben-affleck-batman-no-script-1930565

>Ben Affleck has said there is currently no script for the forthcoming The Batman movie and the whole project is not a “set thing”.

>In an interview with The Guardian, however, Affleck casts doubt on the project, despite having said as recently as last month that he was near completing the script and would start filming in spring.

>“That’s the idea,” he said. “But it’s not a set thing and there’s no script. If it doesn’t come together in a way I think is really great I’m not going to do it.”

>As Movieweb points out, there were reports that Warner Bros weren’t happy with The Batman script, so it’s possible Affleck and co-writer Geoff Johns will have to rewrite it or bring in a new writer.

>WB making Affleck re-write his script
>Affleck may not make the movie now since WB is not giving him the control that he should be allowed to have
Is this going to fail? I sure hope not

After Suicide Squad, you'd think WB would allow the director to do his own thing without any test screen audience or WB execs getting in the way and tarnishing the project

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hJJilb6s8VY
comicbook.com/dc/2017/01/09/ben-affleck-on-directing-batman-were-good-and-going/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Uh what

I would've thought they were wrapping up filming soon

WB is weighing their options on continuing with the DCEU. Justice League will be the deciding factor. Oh, and Flash needs a director by March and they've just now stated theyre doing back to page one script rewrites for it

>Warner Bros weren’t happy with The Batman script
Well, there goes any chance for a decent Batflick.
Execs are pure cancer

They just need to make it a higher budget remake of this:

youtube.com/watch?v=hJJilb6s8VY

The Justice League sucks and is boring.

Just give me Suicide Squad sequels and Joker, Harley, Deadshot films

Warner Brothers thinks we want a quippy super buddy team up movie like Avengers.

And what we really want is just another excellent trilogy of Batman films with The Joker, Harley Quinn, Deathstroke, Bane, maybe some Knight Wing action, etc.

Superman is shit, Green Latern is shit, Wonder Woman is shit. We really just want Batman.

>blaming WB

You guys do realize that Wonder Woman is going to be pure trash and that Johns helped write it, right?

I'm genuinely not surprised that WB has concerns. What's surprising is that they're actually trying to fix the scripts, rather than rushing into production and *then* trying to fix things with reshoots/post-production/etc.

>Knight Wing

Johns is the reason is crap

More Disney shills fearmongering and concern trolling.

I get the feeling Johns has to go through a shitton of red tape and that his position was exaggerated for good PR. At the end of the day, WB suits can and will make the changes they want

this, this is the guy that works as a comicbook writer at DC and gets details about all the heroes he doesn't care about wrong

he wrote Wonder Woman for years and only read about before the last arc of his Justice League run

I'm not going to blindly side with the director. I've learned my lesson after 3 times finding out that the director was actually being a hack.

>Jan 2, 2017

It all comes a-tumbling down, Hilldog.

He confirmed he's doing it the same day that article was published though. Just that he doesn't want another critical flop, whatever that is, involving his favourite superhero so he's going to be extra careful with the script

Also a clear powerplay between Ben and WB

Every day. All the time. They're getting paid to do this.

But you do this for free. My hat goes off to you.

DCEU is a never ending joke.

I remember hearing Black Mask would be the villain.
Then we got Deathstroke. And they've got to shove Letoker somewhere.

What is this movie going to be about?

simply put, they're fucked
if they lose Al Felik, there really isn't a point in continuing this endeavor
how can you have the DC universe without Bats?

he is fucking lying using outdated information you idiots

comicbook.com/dc/2017/01/09/ben-affleck-on-directing-batman-were-good-and-going/

Why did you quote me? My post is asking a question about the content of the movie and is in no way referencing the OP.

executives meddling fucks them up every time, yet they keep doing it

why do you believe his lies

First leaked shot confirms DCU is pure kino poetry

I guess they have to choose. The issue with DC is that it's not like Marlel where all the comics are absolute shit so you can just make shit up for the movies, DC has legit great comics so it would be a waste not to adapt or at least be inspired by some of them.

They are choosing which ones they prefer

that denial must taste pretty bad
Al Felik is crashing this franchise with no survivors

its not denial

is dated after the OP's article you fucking idiot

>where all the comics are absolute shit
Nice hyperbole there.

Why do you keep spamming the same link over and over you sperglord?

So you admit being paid off? Doesn't surprise me at all Marvel Paki.

They do this to push an agenda. To push the agenda that DC is in trouble and we should all go and give money to Disney instead. Janitors are retards who haven't picked up on it. Or they're in on it.

Leave them alone m8, they know RDJ is closer to leave the MCU than Affleck the DCEU and than there is no hope for them after that. Have some pity

it's part of his cognitive dissonance

forgot pic

Damage control.

We SHOULD get rid of Chris Hemsworth and get a Beta Ray Bill as Thor.

>Marlel where all the comics are absolute shit
What is Secret Wars 1984
What is Infinity gauntlet
What is Korvac Saga
What is Simonson run on Thor
What is House of M

Shit because user never read any of them but they're from THE OTHER COMPANY.

The cognitive dissonance that posts outdated info every day of the year to push an agenda?

Oh right, that's you. Cocksucker.

Sure is great to be paid by the Bunny. Isnt it, DCpajeet?

This image says it all really. Pathetic MCUcks doing the concern trolling over DC while in truth it's all to push their shitty assembly-line productions that don't even have scripts.

calm down buddy
you're going to blow a blood vessel
it's okay, Al Felik might stay and you're little movies will be saved

>tarnishing the project

lets be real skwad would have been shit anyhow execs didn't destroy it they just desperetley tried to slap a coat of paint on what was already a pile of shit.

As long as the DCEU continues to have shit writers and directors it will continue to be shit, the execs thinking the movies need to be more "marvel like" doesn't help but it's not the source of the problem.

If Chris is gone you know what comes next

We were having a nice thread here, you gotta come here and shitpost? Trying to pick a fight with people? What's wrong with you?

I hope they don't do Court of Owls. That's the one that every Redditor talks up. Already fall asleep watching Daredevil fight undead ninjas.

Pls no. I want Bill.

>DCucks still push this narrative

Thats old. He's since reconfirmed he's doing it.

It was just a warning shot at WB execs who were meddling with his script to back off.

But Court of Owls is so epic though! Like holy shit Batman has power armor and he fights them in the BATCAVE and then NORA FRIES NEVER EXISTED and BRUCE WAYNE turned Victor into Mr. Freeze and it was so epic and holy shit you guise!

>Thats old.
It's 3 weeks old

Is everyone forgetting about Will Smith? Then again they can just throw him in the Harley Quinn movie since they're buddies both on screen and off.

But then that coon might steal screen time from the Joker. Really don't give a fuck about Harley Quinn without the Joker.

Shills will take what they can at this point. The amount of clickbait articles shilling these fake news proves Disney influence even more than the shill reviews though

Fuck that, bring back Steel

>Really don't give a fuck about Harley Quinn without the Joker.
Same but I also love Smith's Deadshot and will watch his standalone film

doesn't mean shit without Batman

>Is everyone forgetting about Will Smith?
I really try to

I hope you're baiting, I seriously don't want any real plebs posting here.