What are some good youtube channels about film?

What are some good youtube channels about film?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/playlist?list=PL86F4D497FD3CACCE
youtube.com/user/filmcourage
youtube.com/channel/UCWq-qJSudqKrzquTVep9Jwg
youtube.com/channel/UC9infsKo33_2LUoiqXGgQWg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Chris Stuckmann, Jeremy Jahns, every frame a painting...the list goes on

I don't know if you're being sarcastic or not, but can someone please help? I don't know any good ones. EFaP has some cool videos, I guess...

Type in what you consider a deep and/or art movie and at the end type EXPLAINED

You'll get what you're looking for

Every frame a cuck is really hot shit, stay away

this

>found guy who talked about good directors like Tarkovsky, Kubrick and Kurosawa
>keep checking his channel
>he rates Birdman highly
well that's a dissapointment...
How come? And do you happen to know any better ones?

At least he's not as bad as Nerdwriter

Some of his vids are fine. But some are Nerdwriter tier of reddit pseud.

Sup Forums has more honest criticism in trope threads than in those gay ass video essays.

Stuckmann and Jahns are trash. You'd be better off watching RLM desu.

Channel Criswell is my personal favorite, even if he liked Birdman. His videos on specific directors are unmatched and the one he did on Miyazaki makes me cry every time.

Nerdwriter1 is super fucking pompous but sometimes there's something to learn from his videos.

The Royal Ocean Film Society is kind of a EFaP knock-off but he's really good, if not as great as EFaP.

Now You See It is pretty bad, his recent video on gangsters was fucking worthless. If you know nothing about film, sure, check him out. But otherwise don't waste your time.

YMS is a dogfucking sympathizer but his video on Synecdoche NY is really worth a watch and if you wanna learn about some good films check out his Best Of videos.

YMS is the only kino channel you need

>I didn't go to films, I went to amateur film criticism video essays.

Oh it shows user. It shows.

god forbid someone doesn't have the same opinion on every single movie you do. that must mean they're retarded right?

Taste is subjective, quality not so much. Overpraising Birdman because of its shitty forced gimmick and calling it "a masterpiece" is what one might call a pleb opinion.
But I won't dismiss the guy's channel because, as I said previously, he had good videos on good directors, and that's mainly what I'm interested in.

YMS is better when he's doing serious stuff. I'm actually pretty disappointed that his channel is just meme videos now, reviews of really shitty movies just to make jokes.

Brandon Tenold (cult movies in a TGWTG format)
Welcome to the Basement (mildly comedic reviews/thoughts)
GoodBadFlicks

Fuck off.

What's up Now You See It?

I totally agree. Apparently the final part of his Synecdoche videos is on the way, so I'm excited for that. But I don't really care about Frozen.

>Someone successful in their field is a SJW

What a fucking shocker.

Screen Junkies Honest Trailers

youtube.com/playlist?list=PL86F4D497FD3CACCE

>successful
He's a fucking youtuber

Why is he so defensive? It's like he's getting off on it.

What's worse than being a film school drop out?

A film school graduate

SJWs are all about nepotism but you gotta play by their rules.

I'm not looking for a Youtube channel just a place I can actually discuss movies. All I can find are either "DUDE STAR WARS/MARVEL IS SO EPIC!" or "Why The Matrix is a feminist-transsexual-atheist masterpiece"

he's asian
they're all uptight cunts

Who's been hired by FilmStruck to make 3 essays for them, thats being pretty sucessfull in a video essayist carreer

That's a very specific 'field', I thought you meant film

there's a tweet where someone ask him to analyze Anita's videos and he went full defense mode like China tried to defend their land from Mongol

Yeah like Terrence Malick. What a failure.

I'd be interested in this too.

My subscribed videos lean more towards MAKING films. Screenwriting, etc.
One that I like is: Film Courage. youtube.com/user/filmcourage

Lessons from the Screenplay

This, but I'd be careful. His stuff is can be too by-the-books.

>his video on Synecdoche NY
The one he wasted, like, 30 minutes brainstorming a title caption fade in only to learn later it was a out-of-the-box PS effect?
He a funny guy, but holy shit is he A U T I S M A L.

>DUDE if you don't so films exactly like david fincher you are wrong LMAO
His comments about what a director does or should do on the editing side of things made me realize how little he actually know and how shortminded he is.
No wonder he only worked on one, unsuccessful movie, nobody wants to work with his arrogant ass.

If you watch EFAP and consider yourself a serious film watcher then you need to re-evaluate how you approach films.

youtube.com/channel/UCWq-qJSudqKrzquTVep9Jwg

i kind of like this guy more than every frame a painting.

efap is the only real good one (not saying much). but if you want comfy reviews just check out 99filmo

>Chris Stuckmann, Jeremy Jahns, every frame a painting...the list goes on

The hallmarks of the tasteless and the uninitiated. It's okay if you're just getting into the medium, but there are some (even here, on a so called ''film'' board) that actually believe they are cultured or have a snippet of taste because they like these channels, when in actuality they are nothing more than embarrassingly cringeworthy copy/paste babies with no opinion on the medium they claim to love whatsoever.

For a cinephile like myself, it is truly disgusting to watch, and the main reason I, and many others, steer far away from this pit of despair and depravity.

youtube.com/channel/UC9infsKo33_2LUoiqXGgQWg

Renegade Cut has some great stuff. But I feel like the quality is inconsistent and he's gotten lame in the last year.
Clockwork Orange, Mulholland Drive, Starship Troopers, Donny Darko are some great reviews/analysis that I remember.

His ACO video is basically just Rob Ager's, but with a worse interpretation.