Total Recall

Can we have a thread about Total Recall, there was one earlier but it died.

Is there anything that points to it not all being a dream? Other than the dream he had at the beginning

Other urls found in this thread:

english.upenn.edu/~cavitch/pdf-library/Dick_Wholesale.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It a neat theory, but I don't think there was any intention by the filmmakers of it being a dream.

How bad is the new one

Is life a dream? It wasn't a dream it was a film.

+Shiny aesthetic
+Fairly good looking universe

-Meh acting
-Totally dismisses the "dream" aspect of the movie; It's def real

>no safety jacket
>no hard hat
>no hearing protection
>no safety goggles

This scene triggers me so much

Literally everything that the red pill bearing doctor predicted came true.

yeah but he wouldn't look as cool

everyone but Quaid and Harry have them

Makes sense if you just want to shoot the scene and not waste time with them taking their gear off to talk for a minute.

Then why did he sweat?

Why did a bunch of goons come through the walls the second he died when he said that if Quaid killed him "The walls of reality will come crashing down?".

>Makes sense if you just want to shoot the scene and not waste time with them taking their gear off to talk for a minute.
I'm not sure about civil engineer worksite, but in factories you don't usually take off all your protective gear to exchange a few words. Only the hearing protection and even then, yelling is sometimes simpler.

The walls of reality crashing down is when an unqualified pussy grabbing tv personality is elected president of the US. Not some faggots coming through a wall.

Why would you need protective gear when you've got big fat mooscles?

muscles don't protect you from eye damage or tinnitus

t.manlet weakling

If you actually thought it was a dream you are a dumb spoiler]Schwarze[/spoiler]nigger. "B-But the doctor said dey were gonna shoot him and den dey shot him whoah haha gotcha there!" "No!".

The sweat was just a part of Quaid's delusion. The doctor even explains it, he's taking the memory implant off the rails, and it's fucking everything up. The fade to white at the end of the movie is Quaid getting lobotomised.

- Train that goes through the centre of the earth.

Stop undermining the realism of the movie.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>Not attaching weights to your ears and lifting
>Not doing hardcore blinking sets

holy shit it's from a book retards

The fucking director and arnold both say it's a dream in the commentary track

>it's a dumb Sup Forums retard didn't read the book episode

what did the writer say?

total recall for me is one of its kind movie, its over the top sci fi action but there is a great story also its clear thats a dream from many scenes in the movie

the remake with collin is pretty based. maybe better than the arnold one tbhfams

>hollywood
>writer
>say
the sound guy has more say than a writer in hollywood

ITS UMMAS FARTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

both are really good but you cant really compare the two. The remake is 10/10 cyberpunk

see you at the party, richter!

HOLY

SHIT

Why would the aliens even build something like that? They built it, then never actually used it because they were scared?

Total Recall gave me nightmares when I was a kid

I didn't have nightmares but when I was little that weird cab dummy doll creeped me out. Also when he was dressed up as that fat lady and started having a seizure.
And of course when their faces became all distorted and monsterous in the vacuum.

>Expecting a PKD story to explicitly tell you whst is and isn't real
You know verhoven wanted to make a minority report movie before Spielberg.

I remember having a nightmare about the scene where he takes the lady mask off, but then he took off his own face after and it was just a screaming bloody skull.
Still remember waking up screaming.

Better than the original. Takes itself more seriously.

>-Totally dismisses the "dream" aspect of the movie; It's def real

No, if you notice they put a stamp on the inside of Colin Farrell's wrist when they put him in the machine, then specifically never show his inner wrist again until the very end of the movie where it's revealed that the stamp is gone. Pretty decent indication it was all a dream, along with the long shot of the Recall billboard at the end.

Verhoeven said it's deliberately supposed to be open to interpretation. Things like the dream in the beginning seems to suggest it's real, but then there's all the stuff at Recall so it's a toss-up.

>deliberately supposed to be open to interpretation.
>last line is literally, "WHAT IF ALL THIS WAS A DREAM???"

The whole movie is hamfisted as fuck.

Welcome to Verhoeven kino.

Have you guys seen the making of? It's really cool.

Maybe one day we'll have the same technological genius the aliens in Total Recall had.

Seriously though, how was that a reactor?

Dude when you're 12 watching this shit you don't ask yourself stuff like a philosophy tryhard. That last line fucked up so many viewers who went in just wanting to see Anuld shoot some bad guys.

It started a reaction -> reactor

The entire film takes place in the Recall machine. The events on Mars are too impossible to be anything but a computer simulation. The whole movie makes way more sense when viewed this way.

If it really was a dream, I assume he was sweating because he was in there to save Quaid, and failure could cost him his business.

There's no train going through the center of the earth in the short story.

>IMPLYING

Not even implied.
Read the short story:
english.upenn.edu/~cavitch/pdf-library/Dick_Wholesale.pdf

>+Shiny aesthetic
Except this is why so many modern scifi movies are shit.

Just watched it, it's a pale imitation. The only parts I liked more in the remake was the black guy trying to talk him down, and the very first action scene at Rekall, everything else is just plain worse. The PG-13 rating is grating as fuck, which is a real shame because the robots seemed like a cool enough idea.

YEAH I HAVE MULTIPLE TIMES

>reddit kiddies trying to school me

they say that there is travel exceeding transways that go through the world. a.k.a through the earth. faggot.

>
are you retarded? have YOU read this? not your libcuck college cliffnotes version but THE WHOLE THING? fucking kill yerself muh dude.

>sperging out that much over literally nothing

You either need to grow up badly or kill yourself bro.

>dat poor bait
Totall Recall is based of a short story, not a novel.

Do we know how the alien looked like? and also why they built those stuffs?

Also it's one of my favorite movie

>You will never have sex with prime Sharon Stone

Relax

youll live longer