Is this Julian Casablancas' best work?

Is this Julian Casablancas' best work?

Attached: 8124t4p4gYL._SL1500_.jpg (1500x1500, 369K)

Other urls found in this thread:

mega
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/the-voidz/virtue/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

not even trolling yes.

4 of the best 5 songs he has ever written aside from human sadness are in this album

5, my friend the walls
4. pink ocean
3. permanent high school
2. aliennation
1. human sadness

Right behind Is This It

Honestly, yes. In my opinion, this may also very well exceed Is This It.

aside from this it is

Attached: humansad.jpg (1280x1280, 306K)

is it out yet or did a leaker come thru?

Literalian Whoblancas?

Yes

dropbox.com/sh/h16v32v41otd8v9/AAAmL8qg_Tj4kb-c20J8wFc2a?dl=0

Here you go friend

thanks fren

Attached: 8ZFL20QQOiOEQGzjpWoJLNSgmQS_xNq_eZweTBZ7Ra0.jpg (544x767, 128K)

nice meme

Doesn't work for me on mobile

I was gonna wait till the offical release on this because tyranny is my album of the decade and I want to respect julians decision but fuck it i'll check her out lads.

kek

its amazing, pink ocean being the MVP but still no human sadness teir tracks, hes never gonna top it is he boys

goddamn, its so good

Permanent high school is lit

this isnt trap, fuck off with your "lit" faggot

Oh fuck yeah

it's pretty fun, specially the wink - my friend the walls - pink ocean sequence

>lit
Spot the underaged, come on mods you are slacking.

Glad JC still had a top album in him

It's hard to compare The Voidz to The Strokes. Virtue is definitely better than Angles and CM though.

I think Virtue is an overall better album but nothing comes close to HS. That's his magnum opus.

Room on fire > Virtue > Is this it > Tyranny > Angles

the rest meh

Kek who hurt u fag

is the same leak from the initial leak night? the one that was on wetransfer under 'Voidz'?

1. ALieNNatioN
2. Leave It In My Dreams
3. Pointlessness
4. My Friend The Walls
5. Pink Ocean
6. Pyramid Of Bones
7. QYURRYUS
8. Permanent High School
9. Lazy Boy
10. Think Before You Drink
11. Wink
12. All Wordz Are Made Up
13. One Of The Ones
14. Black Hole
15. We're Where We Were

is it anything that resembles human sadness in this record?

Pointlessness is the closest. The rest is just bangers n mash

why black hole so low? it's clearly top 3, that solo, that clean guitar in the middle of the noise

I'm fine with that in all honesty. I think they're aware they'll never be able top what they did with Human Sadness, and just want to focus on making enjoyable music and refining their style. Which they did. While there is no "Human Sadness" on this album, I do feel for the most part that in many ways, Virtue ended up being a much more accomplished album than Tyranny. Some of Julian's best songwriting in almost a decade shows up on this album. This album really has me looking forward to what The Voidz will do in the future, and I can only hope they just dish out a consistent discography.

ITI>RoF>Virtue>Tyranny>CM>Angles>FIOE>Phrazes for the Young

Black Hole is a fucking banging!!! Though I must admit, it took a few listens to grow on me. Easily one of my top 5 favorites on the album.

1. Pyramid of Bones
2. Pink Ocean
3. We're Where We Were
4. Black Hole
5. QYURRYUS

Would you guys be alright with it if Julian never made another Strokes record and just continued to make Voidz records?

This pretty much.

I would honestly be super down with that. The Voidz have so much more potential to offer, along with creative freedom, no limitations, and from what we've heard from Julian, a much better chemistry and connection together. As much as I like the Strokes, I can't possibly see them going anywhere at this point.

I think the voidz are to julian what gorillaz was to damon albarn

I wish Voidz were cartoons because you know one of them would be a handsome catch like Jack Spicer

Attached: jack spicer.jpg (219x230, 14K)

Virute>ITI>ROF>Tyranny> all other strokes albums besides the first two arent that important to me causer i dont like them

rule34 julian casablancas would be a dream come true

i had all wordz are made up in my head all day

same with the falsetto part in permanent high school

Close, but
RoF > Virtue = ITI > Tyranny > Phrazes > Comedown Machine > FIOE/Angles
Human sadness is still his best work by far

Beardo is besto

Attached: 9E949C7F-029F-457F-868D-78646BAA5772.jpg (259x194, 26K)

Putting Comedown Machine above FIOE (and putting FIOE last) proves you don't know jack about JC my dude

FIOE had some really good songs (Evening Sun, Red Light, Heart in a Cage, Razorblade), but also songs I felt were pretty meh/forgettable (15 Minutes is my least favorite strokes song honestly).
Although I’d say it’s more consistent than CM, so I will swap those two choices.

The dropbox link is low quality right? shit, I want to enjoy it in TOP QUALITY

mega nz/#F!xvoXwZQR!mn_IsV-3h2M3MFH7FzoCGA

The highest quality version of the leak we got atm is 256 kbs.

why do people listen to this industry plant again? ltierally the clairo of the early 2000s.

should I or should I not bros?

Attached: 1507246531377.jpg (600x600, 25K)

This is so exaggerated it’s not even funny, Albert Hammond’s dad had a hit song many decades ago but that is literally the only connection the strokes had to the music industry. You sound sad when you keep bringing it up every thread

1. Pink Ocean
2. Pyramid of Bones
3. Pointlessness
4. All wordz
5. My Friend the Walls

13. Aliennation
14. Think Before You Drink
15. One of the Ones

Go forth and bang your head

i havent brought this up before, sorry if more than one person recognizes a plant.

this should get higher before it starts ranking and metalheads pull it down

rateyourmusic.com/release/album/the-voidz/virtue/

do it 100% worth the early listen im still gonna stream it when it comes out honestly its that good

>rateyourmusic.com/release/album/the-voidz/virtue/

i hope the ratings go back up when it fully releases but im guessing itll stay around 3.7 when its more of 3.9-4 range

Go for it. The bit rates are actually varied track by track, but it's barely noticeable and they all still maintain within pretty exceptional quality. At least compared to the other leaks we've been getting. The bit rate variation here is most likely due to the source of this leak to begin with being Amazon Music. They're pretty shitty with handling bit rates, I don't know why people use that service for mp3s or streaming, but this is the best we got atm. Still sounds just as great, and as I said, they maintain within exceptional quality.

3.7 would be nice tho
but some would dismiss it as the strokes guy trying to be weird

Gonna do it, let's go

GO FOR IT NIGGA

You won't be disappointed.

you can lead a horse to water but you cannot make em drink

Has anybody seen him after that?
Is he OK?

This is a sentiment I actually kinda agree with. I feel like Julian's background in The Strokes in a sense kinda holds The Voidz back in terms of genuine reception and overall recognition

They ended up getting lost in the void(z)

This is better than Is This It, and maybe slightly better than Tyranny.

A grower definitely. It gets massive after two listens

Agreed.

The solo in Pyramid Of Bones is ridiculously good. JUST out of tune enough to give it that abrasive feel but still fits.

you literally just ignored his point, weak bait