ITT: POST A POPULAR, WIDELY HELD OPINION THAT YOU AGREE WITH

ITT: POST A POPULAR, WIDELY HELD OPINION THAT YOU AGREE WITH

>War Pigs is one of the greatest rock songs ever written

Attached: Black-sabbath-paranoid-album-cover.jpg (953x953, 102K)

DSOTM is one of the most beautifully written and fully-realised albums of all time.

But I am still sick of hearing it

>ITAOTS is a masterpiece
>Dark Side of the Moon is great
>Daydream Nation is the best Sonic Youth album

>Baba O'Riley is one of the greatest rock songs ever written

Attached: who.jpg (500x499, 91K)

>Nirvana was the most influental band of the 90s

The Beatles were masters of their craft

But Daydream Nation isn't Evol

Every single bit of praise for Black Sabbath, Led Zeppelin, and Pink Floyd. I hate sounding like a dad-rock teenager but those 3 bands are indisputably the greatest of all time, and their music is in a heavenly tier above the rest.

I'd say the same is true for Iron Maiden and Judas Priest when it comes to heavy metal, but not necessarily for music generally.

op is a faggot

The fact that so many books still name the Beatles as "the greatest or most significant or most influential" rock band ever only tells you how far rock music still is from becoming a serious art. Jazz critics have long recognized that the greatest jazz musicians of all times are Duke Ellington and John Coltrane, who were not the most famous or richest or best sellers of their times, let alone of all times. Classical critics rank the highly controversial Beethoven over classical musicians who were highly popular in courts around Europe. Rock critics are still blinded by commercial success. The Beatles sold more than anyone else (not true, by the way), therefore they must have been the greatest. Jazz critics grow up listening to a lot of jazz music of the past, classical critics grow up listening to a lot of classical music of the past. Rock critics are often totally ignorant of the rock music of the past, they barely know the best sellers. No wonder they will think that the Beatles did anything worthy of being saved.

If this wasn't essentially an "unpopular opinions on Sup Forums that are popular elsewhere" thread, I would give you a piece of my mind, but since it is I won't. I agree about Black Sabbath and Pink Floyd being good, though.

This but unironically

I for one have never heard of this particular widely-held opinion

yea it's not

What are you talking about? This is literally a thread about widely held opinions that we agree with. Those bands are god-tier among everyone and I believe it's justified.

If the opinion is that "rock music is still far from becoming a serious art" then I agree with you but everything else you said is pretty niche my man.

Who are some bands you'd put in the running for GOAT rockers? inb4 the Kinks

Grimes is the most talented musician of this centrury

Black Sabbath invented heavy metal

I agree with this

Captain Beefheart, Velvet Underground, Robert Wyatt, Doors, Faust, Frank Zappa, Klaus Schulze, Nick Cave, Tim Buckley, Jon Hassel, Pere Ubu, Residents, Lisa Germano, Vampire Rodents, Van Morrison, Popol Vuh, Bob Dylan, Fugazi, John Fahey, Husker Du, Butthole Surfers, Foetus, Nico, Morphine, Mercury Rev, Red House Painters, Pop Group, Hash Jar Tempo, My Bloody Valentine, Gun Club, Red Crayola, Bruce Springsteen, Royal Trux, Soft Machine, Third Ear Band, Neu!, Suicide, Minutemen, Type O Negative, Slint

Born to Run is the greatest song of all time

Eminem is the greatest rapper alive

Walpurgis is better

Michael Jackson is good.

Radiohead is the best.

bro.. so true

>but unironically

Attached: 25659247_1593016280756624_9009760423947501734_n.jpg (331x346, 9K)

Jimi Hendrix was heavier desu

Is it a popular widely held opinion that Scaruffi is the best music critic and has pretty good taste? Because I think he does.

Some of Hendrix's songs were quite heavy and obviously he has more virtuosity but Sabbath's heaviness comes from the dark and bleak tone of a lot of their music. Even the metal bands that don't borrow much of their bluesy instrumentation still have that.

Close to the Edge is the best Yes album.

Attached: Close to the Edge.jpg (1000x1000, 825K)

this

bump

Alice In Chains > Nirvana > Soundgarden > Pearl Jam

>no Mudhoney
Shame, shame.

Holy shit, magine being this guy for a second..

>Mudhoney
>big 4

Shame, shame.

Attached: 1521356213398.jpg (250x228, 7K)

Objectively not true.

Rhymes masses with masses -.0001 point not the best evar! Damn good riffs and drums tho.

Pet Sounds and VU & Nico are GOAT

Tony Iommi was the one that went to Vox and asked for an overdrive for the amp.
"Why would you ever want to distort your amp??" they replied. This was the 50's. Jimi was a wee lad.

Comfortably Numb has the greatest guitar solo ever

black sabbath invented maybe doom metal
but not heavy metal
traditional heavy metal was invented by deep purple

Iron Man is the best riff of all time

i listen to DSTOM at least 2 times a day and i haven't gotten bored of it
i've been doing this for 3 months straight.

The Wall is a great album (Not Pink Floyd's best
) and is only hated by Hipsters.

Attached: 10608156_576526195822897_1018081943_n.jpg (480x480, 30K)