Claims to love kino

>claims to love kino
>ruins his viewing experience by watching it with the worst video player ever made since RealPlayer

Why do you still use VLC, Sup Forums?

It ruins your kino.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hirq60Ago0Y
youtu.be/wKiIroiCvZ0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>plays any Regional code
Name me another video player that does this

Chrome is the God-Tier video player

prove me wrong

what what player is the best? dont you have ANYTHING constructive to post, not every post has to """"fit in""""

Ruins it how?

This is literally what using VLC is like.

>he doesn't pirate >10GB rips
>he doesn't watch kino on his 55' 4K TV
VLC is fine if you're going to be a pleb and watch it on a monitor.

>watching kino on a fucking laptop/computer screen

>not watching 'no on your phone
go away grandda'

I don't, I've neber used VLC
I use god-tier MPC-HC

>not using VLC for comfy streams
>inb4 >streams

>Not downloading the biggest possible file of the movie
>minimum 12GB rips
>Not converting it to VHS
>Not watching it on a 55" Telly from the 90s

Stay plebeian, you filthy scum!

>10GB

wtf do you care
every?

>He watches kino on his tiny tv hooked up to his tiny laptop while sitting on his mattress that's on the floor and eating chips straight from the bag.

people don't actually still use vlc do they?

based Rog

Sup Forums is full of liberal arts majors who still use it.

sad, really

Pathetic!

mpv master race

mpv followed by potplayer

I'm using MPC-HC with some filters someone here recommended and am really liking it. VLC is fucking garbage. I'm glad someone opened my eyes. #staywoke

windows media player doesn't play all regions

nice

What filters?

probably the basic recommendation for animeneets so LAV+madvr placebo shit that only has effect when you massively upscale shit tier quality rips that pajeets download

what would it matter?

I know you faggots all say MPC is better, but I know where to find everything in VLC. I feel comfortable making adjustments.

>borders
don't make me laff

If you don't use MPC-HC you're a massive pleb

What's the code for no borders and where is the conf file exactly

so what's actually wrong with vlc?

youtu.be/wKiIroiCvZ0

>55" 4k tv

That's pretty good if you can't afford your own theatre. It's better than a monitor at least.

Bad upscaling.
Terrible management of audio streams (upmixing, downmixing)

BS Player because it automatically downloads English subtitles if I'm watching films from Bongland because I can't understand a single fucking word. And that's coming from an English major.

For everything else, MPC-HC

i use a pair of old cheap headphones, so i'm not sure that matters

>quibbling about media players
>not watching movies on a based CRT

I'm willing to bet none of you have seen true black in ages

no-border

Could you explain why this is such a bad player? What is it specifically which sets it apart from the others?

I genuinely used MPC-HC for years and never touched VLC and was very weirded out when I finally tried it and it was higher quality than MPC lmao

Nothing. They are the Sup Forums equivalent of audiophiles.

You see a true black every time you look in the mirror

>running it into a wall socket

Plebs of the highest order

when i ask google literally every article on best media players lists vlc first, and your mpv garbage isn't even on any list. Typical tv trying to be contrarian. i want actual proof on which is best

this is for i3

The conf file should be in home -> .config (hidden)-> i3

is there like a general recommended config for high end PCs?

VLC uses too much memory for what it is, and doesnt allow the level of customization that i (personally) cccccccccrave

MPC-HC is super lightweight on its own, and i can customize the fucking video decoder and audio decoder and shit. count me the fuck in. never had a problem with any codec.

MPV looks incredibly clunky and shite. i just tried it and it crashed trying to render a raw dvdrip.

conclusion:
i like vlc and mpc-hc; i used vlc for years. it's good software. but i prefer mpc-hc for a number of reasons (which i cited)

mpv sucks.

addendum: im a dumbass and im too lazy to research mpv customization i dont run fukken linux goddamn

How can you say that MPV is "clunky" or "shite" without using it. For a fact, MPC-HC is heavier program by far. And if you talk about Windows players, Potplayer is better than MPC

i used it for like 15 mins and i dont like it!!!!

>MPV looks incredibly clunky

Feel free to elaborate on that. Shits the lightest weight a media player can be.

MPC-HC is abandoned project, why do people even use it when better players like mpv and potplayer exist

i downloaded a windows binary and at first glance it looked like a media player that you accidentally download when you click on an ad saying you're the 1,000,000th visitor to a site

>the last update was 4 days ago
>abandoned project

What the fuck did you download.

WM and DE configurations are for purely functional and cosmetic reasons. It has nothing to do with how well your PC performance is.

I'm sure you can decide what encoder you use and such and some are better and heavier than some.

Of all the media players I do think mpv is the best. But most of Sup Forums is tech illiterate or they dont like change.

MPC is abandoned. MPC-HC is the continuation of MPC.

mpv

yes, real player or WMP. You'll finally have the resources necessary for those bloated pieces of shit.

Which is to say all modern media players are all about being as light weight as possible. This is half the reason VLC is so shit.

feel free to elaborate

you guys are such nerds

I prefer lachs0rs. He doesnt update as much but I find it more stable.

VLC uses lav filters or you can add them. There is nothing wrong with it nowadays.

You use a spoon?

>not watching your YIFY kino with VLC

>this intensely bloated player can have more shit added to it so its fine

theres nothing wrong with it, theres just better options. dont get me wrong vlc good if you want to stream since thats what is was designed for. but for local file playback it just isnt as good as mpc-hc or mpv.

>he doesn't exclusively use VLC to watch his sub 1 GB YIFY torrents on a laptop

I've been using MPC since like 2009. When VLC became a thing and I had to use it on my ex's PC it was so fucking frustrating. I remember it not having some basic function like click on the vid to pause or something.

You forgot about 1.5x speed.

>it's the autists who care about media players episode

that motherfucker's pc is slow as a snail

>MPC-HC is the continuation of MPC.

MPC-HC is on life support. It's barely getting updated anymore.

motherfucking loser doesn't know you can play any video formats with a smart 4k tv using your external HDD. 10gb blue ray rips look great on 4k tvs. Fucking fag never own one.

Had to install VLC for AceStream, but mpc-hc plays video smoother and doesn't suffer from the pixelated block spasms that VLC has.

I used VLC for a long time but I did graduate to mpc-hc and would never go back.

>mpc-hc plays video smoother and doesn't suffer from the pixelated block spasms that VLC has.

this x 10000000

VLC is a resource hog.

That is why I use mpv

Webm related.

Does mpv use the graphics card instead or what sorcery is this?

More evidence that VLC is shit. Look at how many resources it chews up while idle.

mpv is more optimized and automatically uses the GPU by default if one is detected. VLC has to be tweaked to work with your GPU and it's still not optimized like mpc-hc or mpv.

mpv is literally the fastest video player ever made.

stop spreading fud. mpv uses software decoding by default which uses the cpu. you can set it to hardware decoding which uses the gpu in the conf file. that being said, mpv still uses less resources with either software or hardware decoding.

also I should say that software decoding is usually the better option if you have a good cpu

But is it really a problem these days? I remember having an old laptop struggling with 1080p videos, but that's many many years ago.
I guess mpv is better with slower processor like atom etc.?

mpv is better with any setup

not for me, but for some I imagine it to be.

There's no problem with VLC, its supposed bad quality is just a meme. As you can see OP has no argument.

>tfw fell for the mpc + mad VR meme
>no longer torrent anything with a bitrate of less than 3,000 kinobytes

>tfw fell for the "muh high quality meme"
>tfw only watch streams through my 7000 dollar LG OLED signature series these days.

good enough

I use VLC, who gives a shit about trivial things? I bet most of you muh player faggots are unironical capeshit and star shit fanboys.

>I didn't read the thread

>not watching dzielo on film

I watch everything on a five year old Mac laptop and VLC only does this once for a second or two every 10 hours of watching.

I use wmp it has the best fidelity for hd videos compared to mpc and vlc also the srs effect is great.

>VLC only does this once for a second or two every 10 hours of watching.

lol how sad

mpv

this

>Wangblows
well, that explains it

PotPlayer all the way