I saw a good question in the LOTR meme thread

I saw a good question in the LOTR meme thread
How did they know the ring could only be destroyed in the volcano? Did Sauron tell Gandalf? Was Gandalf maybe in league with Sauron the whole time?

nobody knows
Tolkien is hack

Elves made rings all the time, makes sense that they would know.

Because of the Jews. There were too many Jews to destroy it elsewhere.

Sauron had an Elf make the ring so the Elves would know about how to destroy rings of power

t. GRRM

Read the books

>"You have my sword"
>"And you have my bow"
>"And my axe"
>"Uh, I just remembered I got an urgent appointment with my podiatrist!"
who wrote this shit

dumb filmposter.

Christopher Tolkien is right, these movies are damaging his fathers masterpiece due to the fanbase it has created.

It was forged in the volcano

go see the movie again

gandalf tells frodo a legend or something and in it is said where the ring were made and how to destroy it

Making the ring was obviously a magical ritual.

Gandalf was doing research. Probably told him how the ritual is preformed and undone.

it's beneficial to the masterpiece because millions went on to read the books

How do you know it's the only ring that can only be destroyed in Mount Doom? Maybe elves just make rings like that often, just without superpowers.

i want /pol to leave right fucking now

It's magic

There was a scene where he was going through old times and archives and whatnot. It stands to reason that if he didn't know already, that he picked up that bit of knowledge there.

so it was only based on a legend ?
and what if the legend was just a false propaganda spread by Sauron ?

It's either in Fellowship or TT where it's explained that lava in Middle Earth is an ancient material that caused chaos so either the elves or the dwarves cordoned it off into one spot. Hence Mt Doom. This is the only material that can destroy literally anything it comes into contact with, which is why they knew it was the one thing that would destroy the one ring. AMA here to help

>This is the only material that can destroy literally anything it comes into contact with
so it can destroy itself thus it cannot exist

It's LOTR mate not science 101

sauron made the ring of power himself, the elves didn't take part

yes,they didn't mean to destroy the ring,but UNmake it.
Been awhile since I read the books,but I think thats what is said.