Were these actually good or were we all just 12 years old?

were these actually good or were we all just 12 years old?

Attached: lp.png (508x237, 257K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/jZSPAp8kCl4
youtu.be/2aQykuIaJVI
youtu.be/Txlk7PiHaGk
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

No it was really good and their line up was really original and creative. Other bands should of followed in their foot steps but people seemed to have chosen lame pop rock drenched in reverb or R&B that pretends its gangsta rap.

10/10 for both.

Attached: 1514425017834.png (1280x720, 188K)

They did start the whole black rapper + white girl singer thing.

Yea but no skramz though i dont want to embarass myself

Attached: gus-dapperton (1).jpg (630x630, 100K)

Pretty much this.
Pretty much every LP album up until A Thousand Suns has been great, especially Reanimation and the Jay Z collab album.

hybrid theory was and always will be good. i was not as impressed with meteora when it came out, but it's still okay. i gave up on linkin park after that.

Attached: 20110522.gif (540x546, 57K)

>Linkin Park
>Trite love songs
?

Easier to run is their best song, prove me wrong.

it's not about linkin park specifically, dingus

I think that user's point is that Linkin Park isn't really associated with love songs at all.

No shit, but this thread is and that image doesn't apply.

catchy as fuck
good production
chester's voice
these are facts
a thousand suns is hteir best conceptual album
everything else is opinion adn personal experience, nostalgia, whatever

They were good for 12 year olds.

man my 15 year old self is glad I found this thread

Attached: Reanimation.jpg (953x953, 128K)

"love songs" isn't the key phrase here, it's "emotionally vulnerable" and Linkin Park very much applies

yes

>a thousand suns is hteir best conceptual album
Do you even know what a concept is and thats when they sold out and started sounding like ed sheeran
>everything else is opinion adn personal experien
No

I know.
The image is annoying because it only works if this guy was listening to whatever happened to be popular at the time and what's popular at any given time can sometimes actually be good then other times it's literal fucking trash, like trite love songs.

>trite love songs
Aha well i guess when you grow out of metal youll learn. *snickers* AAAAAAHHHH! *takes pic of you on smartphone* aha well i guess ill just take off with all my friends were going to a bar and grill until 11pm and then going home to play xbox

Attached: maxresdefault (5).jpg (1280x720, 89K)

Wow, I don't think I've ever felt less from a song.
I don't hate it and I don't like it, it just simply exists.

Omg i just want you to know how you made me feel...im going to make a facebook status about how much i love all my friends and glad i met them...

Attached: download (5).jpg (500x754, 55K)

yeah they really sold out with their experimental electronic/art pop/rap rock/ambient album
lol

>chester's voice
>these are facts
how can someone's voice be a fact?

Linkin Park was only good bc you were young and impressionable.

It's a fact that it's Chester's voice.

Bro that album is not rock n roll, its corporate music that was meant to be played in k mart and the transformers movie.

Well, you're half right.
I don't like a lot of the songs I used to and now I like the songs that I didn't a lot more.

Calling Linkin Park a "trite love song" band or even lumping them in the same category with the bands that make trite love songs is wrong.
They're more than that.

>rock n roll

Attached: 51D257FB-F999-443C-95E9-7F4BB729151F.jpg (720x560, 73K)

Meteora is fucking great, unironically a 8/10.

youtu.be/jZSPAp8kCl4

Vs

youtu.be/2aQykuIaJVI

Session is a legitimately great song.

Good but cringe fanbase

>R&B
its pop sung by darker skinned people. Shit has almost nothing to do with rnb

That is what everyone thinks of the bands who made trite love songs when they were the right age though, which is the point. Your defense comes from the fact you became aware of them at the age where you were easily impressionable.

Are you joking or do you legitimately think that Linkin Park is on the same level as 'bands' like One Direction?
All I'm saying is that while they aren't the pinnacle of music they aren't complete garbage either.

in hindsight I probably should’ve realized you were baiting earlier

youtu.be/Txlk7PiHaGk

Rock on dude heres some experimental avant garde art pop jazz funk

MY BODY IS THE TEMPLE OF ROCK N ROLL MY PISS IS THE WINE AND MY SHIT IS THE COMMUNION

Attached: GGConcert.jpg (376x265, 22K)

I have made a mistake

If more bands had pursued and built on their take of layering so many sounds in a more rock context, their take on adding rapping along with screamed bits, and their use of electronics, rock music wouldn't be dead right now. When I listen to Linkin Park, what I really hear is a concept for rock music that has a lot of potential but nobody really fully explored.

Theyre okay. I love the sound palettes

Radiohead already explored that path, sans the hip hop influence, long before Linkin Park begun their true experimental pursuits.

This is what im trying to say. People should of followed them but they never did. Imagine how hard it would be to get that many people on board with that kind of line up.

One Direction is just after my time so I can't really comment on that but I think you are missing the point if you think One Direction is what people are referring to through that image

One Direction is a modern style of pop music that is directly aimed at like 6-14 year olds, it's not really the same, I'm pretty sure the image is more talking about stuff aimed at the 10-19 age range...rather I'm comparing Linkin Park to say Blink-182 or Eminem or Taylor Swift or Ed Sheeran

It's music that would sound dumb if you first heard it as an adult, but as a teen it gets you right when you're vulnerable and no matter how old you get, you'll have that urge to defend that stuff because of how you had to defend it when you were in the right audience for it

Not at all. Radiohead's context is closer to post-rock on albums Kid A and afterward, and they didn't really approach layering sounds the same way Linkin Park did. Linkin Park's approach to layering just made a lot of sense for like actual rock music whereas Kid A sounds a lot more electronic. Radiohead's definitely also the other band along with Linkin Park that rock bands of the 21st century should've REALLY looked to. Rather most paid attention to OK Computer than Kid A/post-Kid A.
Way too much focus in rock, metal and other similar communities to look back rather than look forward in the 21st century.

I just turned 21.
I grew up hearing all of the bands you listed on the radio and everyone at school listened to them, but they're awful. They really do make trite love songs. Except for early Eminem, that was pretty good and even my dad, who was in his 40s when Eminem was huge, enjoyed it.

The thing that separates Linkin Park from stuff like Taylor Swift and Ed Sheeran is introspection and angst. There was genuine emotion in their songs whereas when I listen to the pop garbage that was popular when I was a teenager I felt absolutely nothing. It felt like I was listening to a product, not music.
Which is why I said earlier that whether or not you think the pop of your decade or era is better than the last is whether or not your era actually had some decent pop music.
The funny thing is about this, I was 3 years old when Hybrid Theory dropped but I still think it's better than the shit that was popular when I was "emotionally vulnerable".

Are you really going to tell me that Linkin Park is on the same level as the bands you listed? Really? If you genuinely think that you're deaf m8.

Oh and I never heard much Blink-182. They were before my time but the few songs that I heard of them sounded like watered down more poppy versions of Linkin Park songs.
They were basically a castrated LP so I had no interest in them.

A Thousand Suns heavily derived many of its musical ideas from Kid A, from the ambient, subtle and delicate segues to the abstract, electronic pieces as well. Linkin Park eschewed their traditional mix of metallic guitars with abrasive synths in favor of melancholic atmospherics, reminiscent of Kid A's surreal landscapes. Hell, A Thousand Suns ended Linkin Park's foray into Electro-Metal, as on Living Things, they went more industrial and electronically focused, akin to a slightly heavier Hail to The Thief/In Rainbows. Linkin Park has had many similarities to Radiohead anyway, as they both reveled in electronic atmospherics.

Really good. I listened to some of Meteora yesterday. Losing Chester sucks still and always will. I feel the songs on these two albums tell a lot about the true reality of this world. Didn't listen as often to the new albums after Minutes to Midnight. Never doubted their musical abilities when they changed styles. You can make whatever you please when it comes to music. Hybrid Theory and Meteora was Linkin Park in its rawest form. Their earlier demos and demos in between albums are hidden gems, too.

For sure, but I was explicitly talking of their style on the records before that. Part of the tragedy is that Linkin Park themselves stopped kinda building on that foundation of layered rock music with electronics.

Damn...

Well, I personally feel like you are more proving my point so I'm not sure what I'm supposed to debate here.

First of all, nobody said it had to be popular at the exact age you were emotionally vulnerable, you just had to hear it then. So that's why any teen can latch on to old trite stuff but adults will struggle to latch on to modern trite stuff.

I'm not saying any of those bands are bad, but they are not something you can discuss with adults who have never heard them before and expect them to "get it". It doesn't matter whether an adult likes them or not, it was aimed at the level of immaturity and uncertainty only a teen experiences. So no matter how old that music gets, it will always belong to the people who first heard it as teens.

What you are struggling with may just be the difference between teenage boy angst and teenage girl angst but I think we can leave that aside. But if you don't think Blink-182, Linkin Park and Eminem are all on the same level of teenage music, that's fucking insane. It was even the same generation. If you need something else to compare it to, then how's about Nirvana. They are like Nirvana, a band that has endured by roping in new teenage fans, even though their biggest fans are actually people in their 30's and 40's who were young when they first became popular. They have never been music for adults, but just became that way because their core fanbase aged. That is what Linkin Park is. What Eminem is. What Blink-182 is. What so many of the most popular artists of all time are.

Music with not that much substance that appealed so much to a young generation that when that generation aged, they kept the viewpoint that the music they listened to when they were young, is among the greatest of all time.

Linkin Park and Blink-182 I can't see adults liking, that's fair. But don't tell me you can't hear the difference between them. One is clearly a watered down more accessible version of the other and offers far less substance.

Eminem and Nirvana on the other hand, many many adults who didn't listen to them in their childhood enjoy them. Nirvana in particular.
Most of Eminem's early stuff is about the struggles of being poor and being a bit fucked up in the head. Most people can relate to a lot of what he's saying no matter what age. Same goes for Nirvana.
Both are critically acclaimed bands, and who writes reviews? Adults.

>What you are struggling with may just be the difference between teenage boy angst and teenage girl
I shit you not the guys at my high school all listened to One Direction and Taylor Swift. It was fucking ridiculous.
This is part of the reason why I'm saying shit really has changed. The GUYS are listening to boybands aimed at 12 year old girls when they're 15-16 years old.
Since you're probably in your 30s or whatever you don't fully understand how bad shit really is this time around.