So what albums from 2017 do you guys think will continue on years from now as classic albums...

So what albums from 2017 do you guys think will continue on years from now as classic albums? The kinda album that people keep in their library for a long time. I kinda snoozed through 2017 releases so I'd like to see what you guys think.

Not sure about modern classic but World Eater stood out for me, especially with it being a welcome different from Dumb Flesh

Attached: a0187219342_10.jpg (1200x1200, 221K)

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/aphextwin/comments/6f1wqi/aphex_twin_june_3rd_2017_field_day_discussion/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

2017 kinda sucked. King Gizzards five albums will probably become nothing more than music trivia. I don't think any of the big name artists releases will be considered their best. Personally, the only album I can see becoming a classic would be Narkopop, but even then it will always be compared to his earlier works.

Attached: gasnarko.jpg (400x400, 123K)

A Crow Looked at Me

maybe not full classic, but I'm really hoping this album sticks around as a weird cult thing

Attached: forcedwitness_alexcameron.jpg (600x600, 113K)

Comparison of this album to his older work and especially just Pop is likely to be a decent chunk of this album's discussion in later years from now. I could imagine his older works continuing to be classics while his newer stuff gets moved to "listen if you want more" on some people's recommendation list.

I think at some point, Neo Wax Bloom and What Passes For Survival will become legit classics in the eyes of fans of those styles as more fans are able to digest the insane amounts of detail both albums throw at the listener all at once.

4eva Is A Mighty Long Time will also potentially get more love later as it's a hip hop double album that doesn't feel bloated, but its length makes it harder to initially remember all of it.

I can definitely see Steroids going down as the best Death Grips record for the fans that care for having interesting, less repetitive musical structures since all their other releases bar Jenny Death have songs with highly repetitive ABAB structures. But this is still one 22 minute long song so this may take some time to pick up as well.

Basically these were my favorite releases in 2017, but unlike other years all of these have one thing or another that makes it pretty damn inaccessible. So for now I don't think a lot of the stuff will be considered classics, but give it quite some time.

I wish

Attached: CF-093cover_1024x1024.jpg (1024x1024, 145K)

Ah yeah, Steroids is still something I have to digest as I haven't listened to it more than a handful of times. One of my friends has loved Death Grips up to this release, she seems to have no patience for the 22 minute song thing

Attached: tonstartssbandht.jpg (1200x1200, 321K)

>DAMN.
>Saturation I/II/III
>A Crow Looked At Me
>The Ooz
>Flower Boy
>Antisocialites
>Science Fiction

I'd put my money on any one of these.

Attached: 1495909439446.png (599x633, 964K)

Attached: 1508809029189.png (500x500, 412K)

24k magic nigga

Honestly probably nothing, Lorde's album stands the best chance.

Cuphead, Persona 5 and Automata are pretty much instant VGM canon

Attached: 8E54FD06-2847-4259-A3DA-3C225E0B42B6.jpg (1200x1200, 213K)

Hopefully this

Attached: pop 2.jpg (2048x2048, 464K)

arto lindsay - cuidado madame
the fall - new facts emerge
richard dawson - peasant
tyler - flower boy

hopefully this

Attached: a0826686436_10.jpg (1200x1200, 33K)

also maybe this. i really liked it and it got me back into the national

Attached: 9zqKsZx.jpg (3000x3000, 3.36M)

narkopop
stabscotch - uncanny valley
jay bliss - vrajitorul din orz
s.a.m. - dream state of a bellmaker
only ones I can see picking up appreciation/staying as revered as they are

fuck forgot about that richard dawson album as well

Best hard rock album in a long time

Attached: a1509739310_10.jpg (1200x1200, 379K)

totally agree, this was catchy af and also made me laugh.

Attached: politicsxd.png (453x301, 156K)

Basically nothing. 2017 was one of the worst years for music this side of the century.

As much as I love them, SWB was kinda disappointing. I absolutely love the new sonic direction, but this was the first album of theirs I felt like I got everything out of after 5 listens. Only thing I want to come back for is the 3-streak of Empire Line - I'll Still Destroy You - Guilty Party
Didn't listen to a lot of albums last year, but only one that really grabbed me was Flower Boy, but it's nowhere near Blonde in the comfy department, so I don't imagine it becoming a classic

This and bravado are so ironically cliche that they actually fucking rock
IMO this guys better than Kirin J Callinan

This. Besides World Eater as OP posted there are not a lot of memorable works. 2016 was a great year though and so far only Jaar's 12-17 reaches top tier. Maybe Maceo Plex's Solar? Arca - Self Titled? Four Tet - New Energy? Beck's Colors was decent but not the best.
I liked Without Warning as well. I really liked Joywave's Content too. Also Mount Kimbie's latest work

Forgot Bicep's debut album. Loved that piece.

Definitely not,as far as thrash metal goes 2017 was THE YEAR for Power Trip

>0 mentions of Ryuichi Sakamoto's async
holy fuck Sup Forums is infested with plebs

i dont know about classic but i can see people continuing to listen to idles-brutalism just because its so much fun

i was personally underwhelmed by pretty much every ambient release from last year other than pic related

and the only hip hop album i can see standing the test of time was big krit, and that will only go down as classic in the south

Attached: hammock-mysterium-hammock-music.jpg (768x768, 95K)

>and so far only Jaar's 12-17 reaches top tier.
just stop giving your opinion. nothing but p4k taste in electronic music
bug off

Sorry, but your opinion as a tripfag is nullified. Do you have a problem with Jaar? You have bad taste if so.

as much as it shouldn't make a difference the whole 'guy from brand new being a pedo' stopped people talking about science fiction so quickly that i dont think it will be remembered as much as it deserves

what did i tell you about posting. your opinion is worthless.
try to leave your moms basement for once and go listen to some house music.

I can smell your craft IPA through the screen faggot. "Leave your moms basement" come on you have been on the internet long enough to come up with better than that.

pathetic

answer me this aphex twin the legend of electronic music itself. when it came back to tour. whos been listening to whats hot for the last decade. didnt play nicolas jaar shitty ass not ONCE in his livesets
reddit.com/r/aphextwin/comments/6f1wqi/aphex_twin_june_3rd_2017_field_day_discussion/
hmmmmm I wonder why
anyway keep up your worthless opinions on electronic music. i'm sure you'll be jacking off to the next jamie xx release

Rocket.

So whatever Richard plays at his set defines what is and isn't good? Are you dense?

>aphex twin the legend of electronic music itself
this has got to be bait

He's not wrong but his point is stupid as fuck if it isn't bait

not an argument.

Keep up the troll tripfag. You are the cancer of this board.

Attached: imed_17143.jpg (1001x1000, 692K)

Attached: a0714053861_10.jpg (1200x1079, 192K)

I honestly think this one has potential to be looked back on in 40 years as a weird proto-revival of academic music, kind of like the way people look at that Software album from 1988 that was vaporwave before vaporwave existed

Attached: cover.png (1414x1414, 1.6M)

tyler

sorry if i'm being a pleb, but what is "academic music"?

you'll find out in 40 years

couldnt say if this will be remembered much in the future, but lovely album nonetheless. first track is such a journey

you rode the short bus in your youth, didn't you?

Wtf it's a mix, not one song there are clear transitions.

Attached: 26-migos-culture.w710.h473.jpg (710x473, 109K)

completely forgot about them, you right.

I found your meme Bandcamp
Now shut the fuck up shill

Attached: a2801566072_10.jpg (1200x1200, 590K)

Jaar is shit my man.

good picks

Attached: AS TRUTH (MIXTAPE).jpg (2448x2482, 2.97M)