Flaming lips shit band

flaming lips shit band

Attached: Flaming_Lips_smog_Coyne_Scurlock.jpg (1200x900, 142K)

they have some good ideas, but they generally play sloppy

incorrect

Wrong.

bobby gillespie great guy

they were great like eight years ago. they're total shit now though. it really makes me sad too, the band used to be so beloved.

Yes.

But long ago they weren't.

So? that's fine.

they are now
soft bulletin is a genuine masterpiece

The Lips have always had their ups and downs - At War with the Mystics was kind of lame, but they came back with one of the best records in Embryonic
Oczy Mlody wasn't good, but given their history I think it's entirely possible for them to make a great comeback with their next proper studio album

Their fall from grave over the past five years or so has been very hard. There's constant in-fighting, Wayne's egotism, and a total lack of direction now. They've put out a handful of stellar records and The Soft Bulletin is one of the best albums I have ever had the pleasure of listening to, but the band is not in good shape right now. They got so bad with their MTV bullshit a few years ago that I don't listen to them as much as I would like to, and I really fucking love The Soft Bulletin.

>There's constant in-fighting
Source for this?

Yeah, you're not wrong
I'd still consider them an all-time top 5 band for me but it seems like they definitely lost focus around the mid-2000s
I assume after the poor reception to Mystics, Wayne just said "fuck it" and then they started doing all these cover albums, EPs, toys, promotional stunts, etc.
If Embryonic and The Terror are anything to go by, I think if they just settle down and work on a proper album, they could still make fantastic music, but Oczy Mlody just sounded like a bunch of throwaways and afterthoughts

I saw them perform The Soft Bulletin in full live a few years ago and Wayne is completely out of it
he managed to ruin their best album by spinning off into 20 minute long stoned rants about nothing between each song

Just look into Kilph's comments from a couple of years ago. He was their drummer for like twelve years from Yoshimi to Terror, and from all of his comments the band is in total shambles and Wayne has become unbearable to work with.

I saw them live recently. Their concerts used to be one of the biggest draws in music, but the band just sucks now. I've had a few people tell me that they think Wayne's coked up, I don't want to spread rumors but it would explain a lot. It kills me to say it because I loved their music so much, and Wayne has become just so unlikable that it detracts from their older work.

>He was their drummer
He was their roadie, who filled in on drums. He played absolutely nothing on Yoshimi or Mystics.

I actually saw them about a week ago, and I thought it was still great
I mean, Wayne is basically not a singer anymore - he basically just walks around the stage and rambles off-key
But the rest of the band was still fantastic

>and from all of his comments
You mean when he admitted he just simply didn't want to do what the rest of the band wanted, which is why he got canned.

>pic related is real nigga hours
They turned soy after this and haven't been good in decades

Attached: MI0003515967.jpg (500x500, 50K)

>people ITT saying they turned shit recently
>Embryonic is their only good album
??

wayne coyne trash man

>soft bulletin
>clouds taste metallic
ok pack it up go home the rest is trash

>Oh My Gawd!!!
>In a Priest Driven Ambulance
>Hit to Death in the Future Head
>Transmissions from the Satellite Heart
>Zaireeka