Gentle reminder that Simpson's program was once the best show on t.v

gentle reminder that Simpson's program was once the best show on t.v.

and 95% of people hear would never have known that, only oldfags know how we used to wait for Sunday at 8pm like little school girls, and giggle at the jokes, and repeat them to our co-workers the next day, and then get fire from our job for being a faggot. True story.

>the simpsons has been bad longer than the average Sup Forums poster has been alive

>sunday 8pm
Get a load of this seppo
6pm mon-fri is where its at lads

from early 90s through early 2000s this was also seen as pretty edgy (only really outdone by Southpark at the time).

it started going downhill around season 10 if I remember right, when all the campy celebrity plugs started revving up. This was also around when family guy came out as a competitor with an adjacent timeslot, and pushed primetime TV down the toilet

>season 11 was 18 years ago

>image isn't an animated .gif

You're an asshole OP.

I HATE EVERY APE I SEE

FROM CHIMPAN-A TO CHIMPANZEE

DOCTOR ZAIUS DOCTOR ZAIUS
DO DO DO DO DO
DOCTOR ZAIUS DOCTOR ZAIUS

Quit pretending that the simpsons was good, faggot.

I would never watch new simpsons, I would watch it every day after school from like 4-5 syndicated

>Quit pretending that the simpsons was good

You dont have to pretend, it simply was

Literally this. Now I'm mad.

OH MY GOD, I was wrong
It was earth, all along

Same could be said for this show in the 60's funny how things happen. I only ever saw it on the morning network cartoon block like this guy.

Childhood is idolizing The Simpsons. Adulthood is realizing Futurama made more sense.

Go back to plebbit pls.

There was a pretty comfy era in the mid-late 90s where The Simpsons were syndicated on multiple channels, always playing the best seasons (the newer episodes were just beginning to suck toward the end of the 90s).

Fox Sunday night lineup back then didn't suck at all. The Critic and of course Married With Children. To a much lesser extent your House of Buggin', Herman's Head, George Carlin Show and any number of other truly "meh" experiences until it worked its way to becoming their animation block with KotH and later Futurama and FG.

Simpsons S2-5 aired on Thursdays as well. Times were different.

t. idiotic 20 year old with hot opinions he's dying to blog about on a Sri Lankan sailing and boy trading BBS

Oldfag here. That stuff was on repeat of an evening in the early 2000s as well, when I and all of my golden-era appreciating buddies were in college. Good stuff.

The Summer Wind, Came Blowing In, From 'Cross The Sea!

CAN I PLAY THE PIANO ANYMORE

and it was bad

>was once the best show on t.v.

That's a pretty low bar. Especially for the time in which it was "the best."

Of course you can!

>people want nu-Simpsons to end

I agree that the episode quality has dropped off significantly, but I don't want Dan, Julie, Hank, etc to be out of work. They're good people, and the VA industry is harsh right now.

If they haven't put away enough money to live off interest the rest of their lives, they're morons.

For a good 10 years or so I knew every channel that showed Simpsons reruns and when.

I would watch as much as possible and sometimes the same episode twice. There was always something new that got me.