Does the world need a Sid Vicious?

Does the world need a Sid Vicious?

I think so the world needs provocative music that jabs at our society’s beliefs. Someone who is doing simply because they enjoy it.

Preferably without the murder and overdose though.

Attached: C7D33A47-CCAD-4D05-AF89-5425A71B09CA.jpg (600x479, 69K)

He is high on heroin in this pick

The world needs a GG Allin.

I thinks that's obvious with the track marks in his arm and bandages covering track marks.

Indeed he is do you prefer the other pic I was considering?

Attached: 97E2921D-BA91-46B2-858B-968F3BE1C8B1.jpg (770x1136, 158K)

You're an idiot if you think Sid Vicious would be considered provocative today, you'd basically need the exact opposite of him to rustle anybody like if Jordan Peterson started singing, that would be the modern day Sid Vicious

Why would GG be any better than Sid? I think Sid has more value than just shock. GG Allin at his shit on stage, although provocative I think it makes it easier for the world to just write him off as nothing more than a freak.

>like if Jordan Peterson started singing, that would be the modern day Sid Vicious

Attached: 1516259199893.jpg (449x449, 96K)

Although I don’t find the Jordan Peterson statement wrong, I do think it’s worth pointing out what people are calling him. (Alt right, nazi, fascist, white suprematist) I think if someone used imagery associated with these they would be very provocative.

I personally think Sid stood for something that’s missing in our society.

Why the fuck are there so many Sid Vicious threads today?

Sid was just a junkie holding an instrument that they got to fill in for an actually skilled player they fired

Not wrong but sids imagery has last much long than that dude I don’t even know his name. Tell me it

>hard mode no google/Wikipedia.

The hills have eyes

Perhaps, but I think that shit is played out, bands did that to be provocative for decades

I think the point about people who do nothing getting compared to Nazis is proof that nobody actually cares about genuine Nazis or those who willingly portray themselves as such

The reason people try to call others Nazis is because Nazis are easily dismissed so if you call everyone who disagrees with you a Nazi, they will be dismissed, retarded teenagers call themselves Nazis, it's not provocative

That stuff can never be as provocative as it was when bands used to do it, because all the people who actually remember a time when that stuff was more than a fashion statement are dead or will be soon

The punks were provocative because they did stuff to deliberately piss off and alienate their own fanbase, nothing like all the pandering that happens today

Glen Matlock my dude

SHIT!! I did know him!

>implying there aren't a bunch of right-wing asshats already invoking nazi/fascist imagery to be edgy

You are correct but if the fans dismissed a modern band as nazi. Couldn’t it remain to alienate many others who hear it especially those who want to just write them off.

There’s nothing to be implied as that.

>the world needs provocative music that jabs at our society’s beliefs
Lots of music and art does that, it's normal.
Sid was a nihilistic pawn of older scammers who were engaged in class warfare.
Of course he self destructed, with McLaren and Lydon watching.
Allin had a more complex thing going, but meth took over.

Today, I don't think so, you would get more fans by calling yourself a Nazi then you would get enemies in something that's already as niche as music

I don't think people understand that the provocation of someone like Sid Vicious was glassing a random fan at a concert just because and possibly ruining their life or John Lydon being the biggest punk icon and then playing a show of PiL's new music without even coming out to face the crowd and causing them to go into a riot

Modern Nazis want to be popular and latch onto the imagery to get fans, to be provocative they'd have to do something like have all this Nazi imagery and then when the crowd shows up, start some long rant at the crowd about what a bunch of faggots and soyboys they are

That said, modern provocation is stupid because it's all deflection from the real issues, everyone's an extremist stereotype, I don't know how you'd really be provocative now in a genuine way

Solid point, could just using the imagery then acting as far from provocative as possible could potentially be more provocative than extremism.

i feel like there would be SUCH a market for that sort of thing on the internet that it wouldn't be actually controversial at all

in 2018 you can't really be "provocative guy who shocks america" anymore, but you can definitely be "musician who the alt-right really likes"

the overton window's shifted too much for anyone to be actually provocative in a way that'll be taken as shocking

What if you rape a child every show on stage I’m sure that would be shocking to the nation.

it would be shocking, but not in a way that would accomplish anything- you'd just be shocking for shocking's sake, which is kinda empty and pointless

Would never be mainstream anyway so whatever effect you're looking for would be for nought.

pic in the OP reminded me of those DSBM dudes though.

Attached: lifelover_2757451.jpg (792x792, 62K)

Yes.

honestly maybe the most provocative thing nowadays is being just, completely genuine and sincere

genuine empathy pisses people off more than swastikas these days

if you're just trying to shock people and not doing it for a REASON, that's just, well... boring, that's just boring

anyone can do that i can do that

Yes. I’m not saying people should you just said nothing could really shock the nation so presented something that would.

Not wrong.

Even though they were lower class lads, I would genuinely say the Sex Pistols were not putting that shock value in for any particular reason pertaining to socio-economic separation and the struggles of lower class life in the UK. More so just youthful rebellion (stemming from struggles on the lower rung of society), or aimlessly, which is just as fine in my opinion.
But compared to bands like Crass, Subhumans, The Clash, The Damned, etc., the shock value of the Pistols and the overall message would have seemed kind of aimless. If not for the fact that everyone knew what the punk movement was about, the entirety of the Pistols could've just been four guys on a stage with their middle fingers up.

Would it though? People kill kids all the time and people just roll their eyes and sigh or call it fake news or a government conspiracy. I don't think it would actually shock in the way you think it would, people are so desensitized to this stuff, they can watch people die right in front of them and just turn it into funny memes.

Justin Bieber is the Sid Vicious of today: A talentless hack who gets by on image alone.

>they can watch people die right in front of them
...on TV maybe

I don't think you understand people like I understand people. People are easily shocked. if you don't wear clothes in front of people, that's enough to make people get shocked.

Trust me, I'm a people expert.

Attached: 1494134156019.jpg (511x616, 296K)