>mediafire.com/download/zq35xorj2iaqh22
Modern Chord Progressions: Jazz and Classical Voicings for Guitar - Ted Greene
>mediafire.com/download/oflu4wdwofhqqtb
Jazz Guitar: Single Note Soloing Vol. 1 & 2- Ted Greene
>mediafire.com/download/07o65qdh5in1nsq
>mediafire.com/download/jmu86f7dj8bdxcd
Impulse Response Pack
>mediafire.com/download/svtfxjtillrdwt8/Gods Cab 1.3.rar
>mediafire.com/download/4n28zkjw0zgmdj9/ASEM RECTO V30 L2.wav (embed) (embed)
The Beginner's Guide to Jazz Guitar:
>jazzguitar.be/ebooks/The_Beginners_Guide_To_Jazz_Guitar.pdf
Blues Guitar Lessons:
>learnandmaster.com/resources/Spotlight_Blues_Guitar_LessonBook.pdf

Previous thread:

Attached: Untitled-1.jpg (1246x1134, 543K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Daf8R9VEDlU
tabs.ultimate-guitar.com/tab/sound_of_music/my_favorite_things_tabs_1708079I
youtube.com/watch?v=VMo5wpa_7xY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Ahhh... that's much better.

Attached: 81efa2dfe0d89b7d8abc44814408a40e--gibson-guitars-esp-guitars.jpg (492x640, 60K)

i'm having trouble picking the guitar that I should buy. Sold my strat today and am wondering what I should go to. iv had a number of guitars from strats to teles to gibsons and even a prs(that last one I did not like) but I cannot find that one guitar that I can stick to. On one hand I love fender cleans but they lack a little something on distortion. esp's had some of the greatest necks iv ever played but emgs are shit tier pickups when it comes to playing clean. gibsons I loved the tone but the neck is a dealbreaker. what do? any reccomendations?

A: This is why you own more than one guitar. There is no one single guitar which will get all the sounds you want.
B: Play guitars in person to discover the ones you like.

Also, the Gibson's have 50's necks and 60's necks. The two feel quite a bit different. If you didn't like one you might like the other.

ever tried an ssh or hsh? not necessarily fender, but ive played a few suhr guitars (as well as fenders) with that bridge humbucker and
depending on your equipment, you could get a really versatile and visually appealing guitar

what would be a good combination? I was thinking music man's jp6 model might be quite interessting but other than to shred? do they cover any other genres pretty well? im talking about the model without the piezo

This is true info.

Attached: 20180130_234255-1.jpg (1781x2808, 884K)

Bridge humbucker with neck single coil is pretty versatile: glassy/chimey clean tones out of the neck and fat lead tones with still enough clarity to cut through the mix out of the bridge.

I know some about pickups. What are you looking for?

Attached: Screenshot_2018-03-02-09-49-45.png (1080x1920, 293K)

new guy here how do i choose a guitar? they're all so different how do you know which one is best? like one will have thick strings and one will have thin strings how do you know what kind of strings are good? i know fender and gibson but there are so many guitars i have never heard of. i want to play guitar like kurt cobain and slash

Attached: s-l1600 (8).jpg (1177x1600, 453K)

What are your guitar goals for the next year?

Attached: Elliot4.gif (239x251, 55K)

Which pick do i pick?

Attached: 20180320_235029-1.jpg (2685x1862, 889K)

What music/bands do you like?

Gator Grip 2.0 or GTFO.

None, Dunlop Ultex Sharp .73mm.

>paying more than $15 for some copper wire wrapped around some plastic and refrigerator magnets

Fuck me sideways, why are guitarists so unbelievably fucking dumb?

Attached: guitar-pickup.jpg (620x349, 28K)

Quality control and the good winding machines are expensive and the old school hand winding machines are rare. Its about equal tension on every wrap. Sometimes companies have NOS of a certain magnet or bobbin or wire gauge that isnt readily available

Anyone here ever used Artec or Giovanni pickups? They're cheap as shit.

Fight the patriarchy, user!

Attached: EB9A4588-2225-4DAB-9BBC-44E4F540ADA7.jpg (324x324, 30K)

get a HSS strat, they are super comfy, versatile, and good for beginners

/gg/ is the Squier J Mascis Jazzmaster w/Rosewood Fingerboard in Vintage White a good value for the money? I want to play in a shoegaze band but I'm not sure I should pull the trigger on this guitar without getting some advice from some experienced players first.

Attached: 0301060541_gtr_frt_001_rr.jpg (2400x792, 459K)

yes its pretty good value, super comfy neck, but the pickups are probably too hot for your soyboy shoegaze project you might wanna swap em for actual JM pickups like lollars or antiquities

Good night /gg/ . imma dream about suhr guitars and madagascar ebony indian rosewood and honduran mahogany.

Attached: 1467986037-50636200.jpg (600x600, 36K)

>P90
vomit

you sound like an indecisive wishy washy bitch made person and the problem isn't the guitar it's you. just fucking play, play anything, play a squier if that's all you have. the guitar, ultimately, doesn't matter at all. what matters is you actually playing it and building repertoire and a musical foundation whatever style(s) you've chosen.

>gibsons I loved the tone but the neck is a dealbreaker

case in point

guitar players who complain about neck profiles should be thrown in a burning ditch

>how do you know if x
>how do you know if y

You don't. You start playing and then find your preferences from there. Some people like thick strings, I think they're shit. Gauge 10 in E standard is the golden mean, always was, always will be, string to that and decide for yourself.

As for what guitar to choose, it doesn't matter. Get something playable that stays in tune and is reasonable for a first guitar such as an MIM Strat or a used MIA if you can get a deal on one, a mid-level Ibanez or Schecter, even a PRS SE and just play. Amps have enough gain these days that you can play heavy metal on a stock vintage guitar without issues. You might not get as much tightness or saturation but a beginner isn't going to give a shit about that minutiae, you just need an instrument in your hands asap. I'm an older player and I own dozens of guitars and I cannot emphasize enough how all this agonizing over gear is essentially worthless. I was a happier and more productive guitar player with two beat up mid tier guitars, and one of them had some fucking Alnico 2 pickups or something in there (I play high gain).

lmao what a bunch of fu/gg/in' idiots

nite nite gay gay

Attached: 1493593973402.jpg (640x480, 31K)

youtube.com/watch?v=Daf8R9VEDlU

fugg, i learned a super easy version of this song because I can't get this one right (tabs.ultimate-guitar.com/tab/sound_of_music/my_favorite_things_tabs_1708079I

Best Squier guitar ever made. Jazzmasters are the best stuff Squier makes.

>He owns a guitar made somewhere other than America (or Korea)

Two of my guitars are French-Canadian.

Does anyone own or has anyone played a Questrel?

Attached: Questrel.jpg (620x620, 53K)

Opinions on that thing?

Attached: Rail.jpg (500x375, 22K)

There is a new JCM900 fag in town

Attached: amps.jpg (720x960, 107K)

Looks really interesting at least

MiM > MiK

t. has never played a shredstick

These things are unplayable for men, I got one on ebay because it was cheap and i wanted to play one for a few weeks to see if I liked it or not but I gave it to my sister because the neck is so thin i could not get my hand on it right while standing up.

But how do you solo with a pick that bends?

Because most guitarists hear with their wallets, as long as it makes them empty, it sounds good to them.

>soloing
Dadrockers pls go

P90 is my favourite kind of pickup. Why do you hate it?

They don't bend.

It's not my fault I'm 43 years old.

Found the downtuned soyboy.

They don't bend? I'm using the same pick right now

Really? My .7mm picks only get used for strumming chords, i'm more of a .96mm man most of the time.

just buy some hotter pickups you fuck.

1.14mm is superior, but gator grips are the ultimate plectrum

Attached: pick.jpg (1200x366, 232K)

I've recently bought original EHX Electric mistress. What can i do with it? Any pedals it sounds great with?

Attached: deluxe-electric-mistress.png (811x640, 625K)

What's /gg/'s opinion on this tube distortion pedal? (Blackstar HT Dual)
I found several used ones at 95$ and it caught my eyes. I usually play throught my DI just using a hardware amp simulator and some plugs, do you think adding this to the mix can improve my sound ?

Attached: th.jpg (474x345, 24K)

Seconded. I like mine. I was planning on swapping out the pickups, but I never did. Its more of a rock n roll/lead guitar than I initially realized and I think I would probably change more on the guitar than just the pickups Subjectively, I feel like only swapping the pickups for classic JM style would not bring out the character of the guitar. If I were to do anything, I would go all in for a new bridge, pups, remove the rhythm circuit/get new pickguard, and set the action up for something like .10-.54.

youtube.com/watch?v=VMo5wpa_7xY

what's the difference between MiM and MiA

tfw spend more time looking at gear and guitars than playing

ALL good guitarists do

Big muff pi. Follow Gilmour's lead.

Dunno bout that one but I have an EHX tube zipper with 2 12ax7s and a radial engineering hot british with one, they sound exponentially better than non tube OD/distortion units. Best mixed with some gain from a valve amp.

How come people never post music in these threads? At best you see a shitty vocaroo link.

Talking about gear is a lot more fun than posting clips of playing since every one has different styles and experience levels

I was so happy not seeing you post for the last few weeks.

Qc and parts obviously

Sammy posts like 7 links a thread.

it's the Eastwood Phase 4 worth buying? it is tempting me so bad

Attached: eastwdphase4wh-41-1[1].jpg (780x585, 244K)

Is there a way to stop my electric guitar strings from corroding so fast?
I live in a place where its around 80% humidity year round so im guessing thats why it happens so fast
New strings usually last me about 2 months until they break because of extreme oxidization (usually on the low E)
I've only tried Nickle Wound strings but im going to try Stainless steel now and see if it helps
Any other tips?

What year is it? Is it just the big one made up until the 2000s? Are the smaller ones the same circuit?

Ayy what should I replace my shit fuzz with? Another muff?

Attached: 7260301.jpg (640x360, 56K)

Original green Russian muff

Even so called stainless will rust as all electric strings must be ferrous to work. Try one of those string wipers and spray some wd40/silicone before you wipe.
Try some air conditioning, I live in a Florida swamp and with central ac we keep the place at 45%. Even if it's just a room ac it'll make a huge difference.

Took me 15 years to find some "lifer" guitars (needed a lightly finished raw neck, stainless frets, compound truss, locking nut, straightaway string routing from nut to tuner, and humbuckers) and I still had to mod them.
Consider a parts guitar. Finding a neck is the hardest part, after that, it's just a matter of selecting pickups, nut, bridge, and headstock formation and angle that doesn't suck nuts.

There's a guy that wants to trade my old wah pedal for his nano muff, but also considering the Russian and op amp

Gilmour is a gay

I posted videos the last two threads

Right now I’m running an American strat through a Boss Katana-50 with
>Earthquaker Devices Afterneath
>joyo ultimate drive
>mxr phase 90

What else should I add to my pedalboard? I like playing ambient and attempting meme Gilmour pentatonics.

I’m looking at the new fender pedals, and thinking maybe I should get a compressor?

Also I want a looper but can’t decide which one to get. Help a twang banger out pls

>Guitar period.
>Not dadrock shit.
I'm so sorry user.

What's the purpose of a crooked pickup like that?

Quick question,
Does a hollowbody guitar actually make much of a difference, or should i just not bother?

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1920x1080, 132K)

I got my Blackstar 3 mini amp today. Its pretty neat for what it is.

>tfw my local guitar tech called me to tell me how much he loves the craftsmanship of my guitar and has been showing all the guys in the shop how nice it is
feels good, bros. i can go in and pick it up today!

Attached: Happy-Cat2.jpg (418x467, 40K)

Fun metal songs? I can play all parts of these cleanly minus the solos
>Around 80% speed : Tornado of Souls, Hangar 18, Lucretia, Caught in A Mosh, Got The Time, Painkiller
>At full speed : Madhouse, Symphony of Destruction, Ace of Spades
Looking for similar level or slightly harder songs

Attached: my cute wife.png (465x703, 208K)

You could get a multiboard since you already have a few pedals and that would satisfy everything. Otherwise, boss rc30 for the looper. I'd look into more modulation effects if that's your thing, reverb, flange/phase, ring mod or synth stuff, etc. Chorus is nice to have, I just ordered a sea machine clone myself. Gilmour used a CE2 and big muff, as well as the electric mistress among other things.

The Russians the best one, what kind of muff do you have right now?

Holy wars, battery. Orion is pretty easy. Testament is also pretty great.

Makes zero difference unless it's a full hollow body. Semi-hollows and dumb retarded shit like f-holes on telecasters are just for looks.

What did you build it?

>nano muff
Avoid. Just get an actual Muff

Delay.
Also, compressor... especially if you want the Gilcuck solo tone.

How's the katana? I'm thinking of grabbing a couple for my studio.

Best compressor ive ever played

Attached: images.jpg (290x174, 11K)

i didnt build it. it just happens to be one of the best guitar brands, from the best country, with the best quality control the market has ever seen

Attached: image_4005.jpg (337x450, 22K)

Why are you buying pedals that are already in the amp?

Attached: jazz.jpg (696x379, 309K)

>matte black

Attached: 1b8.png (404x266, 182K)

Because theyre better

Thanks man, I’ll check out the RC30. I’ve got a shitty multi board, I don’t really like any of its effects if I remember correctly, I believe it’s called a Utopia. I’ll have to dig it out and see what’s on it.
The fender delay and compressor look attractive to me but there’s only a little info out there right now.
I really like the katana for the money. I even set up the boss tone studio and it helps if you don’t like the pre-loaded effects. That said, it’s got a good sound to it, and a decent amount of tones. The only complaints I have are a lot of the tones are super vanilla, and a lot of the effects that you’d want to stack on top of each other (like a delay and a flanger) are stuck in the same slot that only allows a single selection. I don’t know if you can change chain positions with the 100, but you can just throw a real pedal in there to avoid this anyway. But the clean, lead, crunch, and acoustic settings are great. The browning setting is the only one that needs a very specific setting to not get horrible feedback noise, but once you dial it in and combine it with a phase 90, it replicates the EVH tone almost perfectly. That said, you have to crank the fuck out of the amp, and I’d say a noise gate would be a must.

I got the Keeley 4-knob. I can't see myself needing anything else ever until some digital all-in-one solution comes along that's dirt cheap.

>never had a proper musical education
>had a couple of teachers but only learned how to read tabs and play shit like chords and barre chords
>can't write any interesting music

What do? I feel like I've already developed to many bad habits and stuff for me to improve.

I like ESPs but the slanted body shape of the Vipers makes them look pretty 'off'.

Why can't Gibson be cool like Fender and let companies copy their designs?

Keeleys good. The pigtronix is nice because it has the blend and grit knobs. I traded an mxr custom comp in for it because the mxr had a stupid design where you had to open the back to adjust 2 trim pots.

>into a Katana

Attached: 6ca.jpg (600x403, 34K)

>it just happens to be one of the best guitar brands, from the best country, with the best quality control the market has ever seen
That's not a Rickenbacker though