Define "real music"

Every now and then some asshat preaches "electronic music isn't real music" and I wonder, how does Sup Forums respond to this?

Attached: images.jpg (384x384, 32K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GKrTKuBKin8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

you're the asshat for listening

All intended music is real music, they're just trolling or metal retards.

>help me argue against a stance only a teenbro would take
If you can't do it yourself you're never gonna make it.

the end product is all that matters

>how does Sup Forums respond
I don't. Someone who says something stupid like that isn't looking to have their opinion changed, and the effort it would take to attempt to change it could be spent better elsewhere.

If a quantised midi drum loop is the backbone of your song, sure it's music, but it's fucking bad.

This place look comfy as fuck user. How are you so rich?

"okay"

Real music:
Tom Waits
This Heat
Autechre
Swans
The Fall
Bark Psychosis
Björk
[spoiler]radiohead and death grips[/spoiler]

Excellent, now define the word "definition"

>[spoiler]trying to spoiler on a music board[/spoiler]

Is google broken?
>being this much of a dumb cunt

>[spoiler][spoiler]being this much of a dumb cunt[/spoiler][/spoiler]

/thread

>intended
No, but all resulting music is real music.

Definition:
Words
Book
English
Learning

It's high and mighty pretense as a way to make one seem worthy of validation or shame people for liking what the speaker doesn't. Music is music if it's intended to be, no arbitrary standards needed.

>No
Why not?

if it isn't a white guy playing a les paul through a marshall stack it isn't music

Bluegrass and pre-20th century classical. Everything else is fake.

real music is same mechanical sounds, like used in electro instruments.

It's people afraid of different things - conditioned to believe that music is the corporate song structure of verse chorus verse with typical pop instrumentation. The same reaction happened with Disco.
There's no way getting through to them.

Because if what results from your intention to create music is not music... it's not music.

No one thinks this you dumb fucking cunt

Electronic music that is good

>AFX
>DJ Shadow
>Massive Attack

etc

>Electronic music that is shit
everything else especially all modern music
every cunt who posts awful
>NU GENRES

>TRAP
>DUB
>WUB
>?*****?WAVE
>POST-**** WAVE

Shit is fucking awful, and on and on it goes and it's not new, or good, exciting, or fresh or LIT SENPAI HELLA LIT LOL SENPAI fuck off you post 90's born cunt's are insufferable fuckstains, your music is turd people would've discarded 30 years ago and deemed awful shit.

99.999% of Sup Forums are faggots

Just so we're fucking clear, this needs to be fucking said:

>Neutral Milk Hotel is complete shit
>Elliot Smith is complete shit
>Red House Painters has 1 good song
>Kanye and any form of nigger jewproduced music is shit unless it's stuff like Tricky or genuine Reggae
>Radiohead's best album is The Bends

>The greatest album of the 90's is not fucking Ok Computer or Loveless
>It's The La's

>The greatest album of the 2000's is not Kid A
>It's Vespertine by Bjork

>99% of music doesn't need to/shouldn't exist and the world wouldn't miss it
>Artists used to just discard music that was awful, but now faggots release anything

>The Personal Computer ruined music by delivering it into the hands of the everyman and not the truly great or inspirational, music has since become the dumping receptacle for every faggot and his shit spazzing with software

There's more but I'm done, fuck off you dicksnaps and fucking kill yourselves sick of hearing your shit music, ravedance eccy pushing shit that was literally nothing but bass from the late 80's for geezers smashing their skulls on walls has more artistic or social merit than GUCHIGANGLILBCHANCETHEDINGDONGKANYESNOOPTHUGTENACIONXXXXX

KILL

YOUR

SELVES

IF

YOU

MAKE

THIS

SHIT

wowee

Attached: 1436615557608.jpg (500x350, 30K)

>tfw I unironically agree with all of this

Attached: do you see.jpg (1375x1080, 215K)

this post started good but devolved into nigger-tier retardation.

kill yourself

amazing

I agree with them because they're right. If the instrument isn't being played by a human being it's not music.

it's only real in the sense that I can listen to it and it reaches my ears
but it just bothers me that music these days is overproduced, making use of sound effects you'd expect to hear from movies and samples out the wazoo
all drained down into a vacuum of clean and perfect instrumentation with no sense of space and reality in the music, save for the voices

i like electronic music but it's not something i wanna keep gobbling like before. so maybe it's selfish of me to want to imagine myself making the sounds guitars or pianos make but im familiar with their tactile sensation and it grounds me to some sense of familiarity. i can't do the same with music made straight thru a computer

Can someone recommend me electronic in the vein of Ryoji Ikeda, Supersilent, or Stockhausen's Gesang der Junglinge?

I don't care for UK rythmic bullshit so don't recommend it.

tone down your autism a bit and try to focus. you might have a couple of good points in your post, but damn

this but unironically

Man, if you just removed the bullshit portion of your opinions on good electronic music, the best album of the 90s and 2000s, and reggae being the only acceptable black music (like Jazz isn't a thing), I would have upvoted, shared, liked, subscribed and donated.

i can smell the cheetos on your breath from here

real music is off the chain

youtube.com/watch?v=GKrTKuBKin8

This guy gets it, if you disagree your either a nigger or a soy creature.

>reddit spacing
you coud at least try to hide it