youtube.com/watch?v=c5WC0TW_0qc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I SAW HER FACE

Bday party in signs

Diner dumpster scene in Mulholland Drive

Sentinel

The opening scene of Idiocracy

the hallway scene in Inland Empire

From here to the helicopter sequence to the guy on the bed in its mouth which I couldn't find a picture of is the tensest I have ever felt watching a movie. Jaws and this are the only scary movies to me or that have given me bad dreams.

meme scenes tbqh

Centipede is what made it the worst. Same with the ones in king Kong

What's this from again?

Bedfellows, it's a short

youtube.com/watch?v=0z6xGU2_g9s

>2018
>unfamiliar with familiars

That part in The Conjuring were the wife was in the basement and behind her appears to hands clapping.

not bad

youtube.com/watch?v=zH8ynu0jRvY

This movie effects aged like shit now that i saw it recently, wish they would had made the movie using that on your pic.

pfft

Typical stupid horror movie character does something stupid instead of just getting the fuck out of there.

Plus it's just like that old story about the woman who hangs her hand over the side of the bed so her dog sleeping underneath can lick her hand and reassure her she's safe at night. Then she gets up and goes to the bathroom and finds a note written in the dead dog's blood that her hand tastes nice... but not anywhere near as spoopy.

Jacob's Ladder: the hospital scene

The Conjuring was almost a really good horror movie, but that stupid scene with the bitch on top of the wardrobe pretty much ruined it for me though.

The ending of Noroi: The Curse. The rest of the movie was so boring it caught me off guard

Saw the second one.

Pure shit, and people said this series was great made it more dissapointing.

Yeah. Another movie that Sup Forums hyped it as the best FFF and it was shit.

THIS
THIS
THIS

I want lynch to lynch me as hard in new twin peaks

DEEPEST
BLUEST
MY HAT IS LIKE A SHARK'S FIN

>some horrible shit starts going down
>WELP I BETTER KEEP FILMING LOL

Otherwise yeah, incredible build up to that ending.

yay, people showing love for 13-to-17-year-oldme's favorite movie of all time

I still think it's pretty damn great. I just wish the sharks would not randomly change size all the time.

most jap horror has weird build up and great pay off.

Pulse and Occult for example.

DRINK BITCH!

I still don't like watching this

youtube.com/watch?v=Ury3enZe10M

all those scenes with people getting ripped in half scared the fuck out of me

The Lost World Jurassic Park still gives me chills, every scene with the Tyrannosaurs and the Velociraptors in the grass make me check outside for dinosaurs to this day.

The hand scene from Carrie

I don't know why people keep saying this when the ending is much more horrifying. That shit stayed with me for weeks.

that whole movie was far scarier than it had any right to be

NOW I'M A BELIEVAH

I always felt bad for this guy

I fucking peed myself when I saw this as a kid

Once they brought the shark up into the room its just so damn tense.

Back in High School, I was part of a "Horror Cinema Club" where we'd sit and watch movies for two hours, sometimes going into deep discussions about the movie we watched.

One day, we all watched this "horror anthology" movie (I forget the name) where one section took place in a school. I was sitting close to the door when suddenly someone slammed their hand on the glass. Turns out, it was just someone fucking with us but it happened during a really tense moment.

Also this,
youtube.com/watch?v=EhkC-xLi5DI

Fuck this scene.

This movie legitimately scared the shit out of me as a kid.

youtube.com/watch?v=Rt_1qRVdIBs

Akira in general is pretty horrifying

The end of Lake Mungo

The Ring is the only movie that ever scared me for some reason

because you were young

The cockroach scene from creepshow

Yeah but I saw other non-shitty horror movies when I was that young and they didn't scare me nearly as much

youtube.com/watch?v=cKF1zowIBkk
This is pretty comprehensive

I felt bad for him and that girl that saves that kid and gets eaten whole in JAWS 2.

Nikki running towards camera scared me more

>The Ring
>Closet girl

i don't get spooked at movies that often, but i loved the Nun painting scene in The Conjuring 2

I get you. The ring just got it right with the cinematography and the score. Also the concept of you getting the call after watching a film really haunted me because I also saw the film.

youtube.com/watch?v=mb6pLDpbGw8
Fuck me that almost makes me want to watch the movie, been a long time since I got chills like those.

Oh god that's scary

Imagine being Arnold in that scene and having to be all like "damn, Jamie Curtis, you fuckin' fine, all sexy with your tight body and horrific androgynous monster face. I would totally have sex with you, both my character and the real me." when all he really wants to do is fuck another 16 year old in his dressing room. Like seriously imagine having to be Arnold and not only sit in that chair while Jamie Lee Curtis flaunts her disgusting body in front of you, the favorable lighting barely concealing her stretchmarks and leathery skin, and just sit there, take after take, hour after hour, while she perfected that dance. Not only having to tolerate her monstrous fucking visage but her haughty attitude as everyone on set tells her she's STILL GOT IT and DAMN, JAMIE LEE CURTIS LOOKS LIKE *THAT*?? because they're not the ones who have to sit there and watch her mannish fucking gremlin face contort into types of grimaces you didn't even know existed before that day. You've been fucking nothing but a healthy diet of blondes and supermodels and later alleged rape victims for your ENTIRE CAREER coming straight out of the boonies in Austria. You've never even seen anything this fucking disgusting before, and now you swear you can taste the sweat that's breaking out on her dimpled stomach as she sucks it in to writhe it suggestively at you, smugly assured that you are enjoying the opportunity to get paid to sit there and revel in her "statuesque (for that is what she calls herself)" beauty, the beauty she worked so hard for with personal trainers in the previous months. And then the director calls for another take, and you know you could kill every single person in this room before the studio security could put you down, but you sit there and endure, because you're fucking Arnold. You're not going to lose your future political career over this. Just bear it. Hide your face and bear it.

There it is

This scene has a double sense most plebs didn't get. In fact he has no reason to think the guy in the basement is the Zodiac killer. It's just the fact he's a creepy guy.
But the real sense of this scene is he see himself in the future. Having no life and being obsessed by useless and dusty shit. It's a great scene.

Watching the ring japanese version bros, is it scarier?

a thousand times yes

THIS is the scariest scene

youtube.com/watch?v=zH8ynu0jRvY

jesus christ

m.youtube.com/watch?v=JJmWYGR3XY0

Fucking this

What the fuck

The exorcist is full of terrifying scenes

youtube.com/watch?v=TD0RJ_iuBPo

Man that movie was so freakin' good.

youtube.com/watch?v=-Y2xAxT8XIA

I just hate how fucking unnerving this was. I only found some shit quality version to download when I watched it, making it all the spookier.

sound of his head being hammered

I know this isn't Sup Forums but, does anyone else think horror games are scarier than horror movies?

obviously

You're IN the game

fuck this flick

>the end where she violently gets torn in half from the waist by the mama Mako
>her left leg twitches up and down from residual nerves as it just lazily floats in the water as blood pours from the stump of what was once a midsection, while you hope the second half was sufficiently chewed up quickly enough and swallowed that she wouldn't have to deal with the pain of being torn in half and swallowed whole
>mfw

Burnt Offerings ending (spoiler)
youtube.com/watch?v=uYnHleegEhg

That Scene in Kairo (Pulse):
youtube.com/watch?v=Y0FTKqEnGKI

Don't Look Now Ending (definitely don't spoil this if you haven't seen it - well worth watching)
youtube.com/watch?v=6C-Y3oX5PyQ

That Scene from The Woman in Black (1989)
youtube.com/watch?v=bhuc-ot7Ryg

Diner scene Mulholland Dr.:
youtube.com/watch?v=UozhOo0Dt4o

I think scenes that effectively get across the basic logic of a nightmare are the most successful.

*THUD*

Not really. The option to restart if I fail usually makes me focus more on the mechanics than the scenario. Although there are definitely some top notch scares in vidya. Fatal Frame was scary from start to finish for me. Same with REmake.

Oh, and also the Pet Cemetary Zelda scenes:
youtube.com/watch?v=JxWMMul5-i4

It's more of a sickly crack

youtube.com/watch?v=y33Fio8Ghpg

Most of the movie

That one scene in Blair witch where they're in the house and it's dark as fuck and they hear people upstairs. Only thing in a movie to ever scare me.

when i saw this as a kid i never really understood this shit the only really scary part to me then was when he transformed near the end but when i watched it again older it was these types of scenes that were the most creepy

shit movie obv (though not that bad tbf) but the demons were legitimately terrifying, even moreso when I saw it as a kid cause I still believed in all that basic heaven/hell stuff

>inb4 fedora

apparently the screams were just slowed down recordings of the film crews' young babies crying

>JAZZ HANDS!!

youtube.com/watch?v=wsjhdoWKtXM

m.youtube.com/watch?v=cmYsRcLMvO8

this gives me so much fucking anxiety

Ghost is essential /mumcore/

fuck you i got a boner from this scene when i was a kid

whatever, that scene was gut-wrenching
>the way the body convulses after being hit

youtube.com/watch?v=BrmpbVPTDCw

ayyy

Pretty sure I've had a nightmare like this

youtube.com/watch?v=c5WC0TW_0qc

what the fuck is supposed to be happening here? literally never seen this movie explain it to me

I saw this movie when I was 6 or 7 years old and fell for the "based on a true story" meme

It traumatized me and made me afraid of being abducted by aliens until I was a teenager

Their friend disappears so they go into the house looking for him. It's a house in the middle of some woods so nobody should be around but there's people upstairs. Apparently the guy gets possessed by the blair witch or something then the other 2 with cameras get knocked out or killed by the people in the house. Been forever since I watched it.

that shit stayed with me for weeks when i was a kid goddamn