Comfy acoustic thread

Post your own songs, your own covers, anything goes. Remember to listen to and comment on others but no bully.

>The Sculptor
vocaroo.com/i/s1NaKDjTz4TX

A folk song I wrote. Would be very grateful for feedback, just getting into fingerstyle recently.

Attached: Vocaroo.png (400x400, 112K)

Other urls found in this thread:

vocaroo.com/i/s09v3mcdS9jg
vocaroo.com/i/s0pXWuHwKqcW
vocaroo.com/i/s02igCSWUWVe
vocaroo.com/i/s0n0pU8CQTVP
vocaroo.com/i/s04TZ0PTdwo2
vocaroo.com/i/s1F2iHbV8pJT
youtu.be/GPN3DpN-jRc
vocaroo.com/i/s03bkSwTSQj0
vocaroo.com/i/s1tT6FOBPlqw
vocaroo.com/i/s10iD0cWglqD
vocaroo.com/i/s0C7QfVxfWn1
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

vocaroo.com/i/s09v3mcdS9jg

Bump with a Freewheelin' cover.

Attached: 719BGLk3lNL._SL1207_.jpg (1201x1207, 218K)

I have to go to work soon, keep this thread bumped bois.

>Red House Painters - Helicopter

vocaroo.com/i/s0pXWuHwKqcW

Probably one of the most underrated songs Mark ever wrote.

On point, as always!

Attached: xhelicoptero-fiji-00.jpg.pagespeed.ic.TTnXFZ4A-f.jpg (448x336, 25K)

I’d never heard of Red House Painters until these thread, seems to be your equivalent of my Bob Dylan obsession. Keep it up!

I honestly suck at playing and singing at the same time, and I'm super self-conscious about my voice. I do get inspired though to make folk songs when I listen to stuff like Bill Callahan or Isaac Gracie.

Yeah, maybe. Anything else I could cover would be boring and/or probably out of my range.

Singing and playing at the same time just takes a lot of practice and stubbornness. Try not to think of how you sound at first and focus your attention on just getting the words and rhythm right. You are at an advantage in already being able to play guitar, start with simple three chord songs and work your way from there.

vocaroo.com/i/s02igCSWUWVe

Norwegian wood
y'all might have to turn up the volume, still figuring out this mic bussiness

Nice guitar arrangement.

Here's a shitty cover of Oh Comely
vocaroo.com/i/s0n0pU8CQTVP

Always fun to hear you in these threads, great work as always
Super comfy, the fingerpicking is on point.

Attached: 1454987168237.jpg (612x612, 91K)

Shit, I think I deleted this one by accident.

Backup link:

vocaroo.com/i/s04TZ0PTdwo2

>Super comfy, the fingerpicking is on point.

Thanks man. Took a lot of attempts to get that recorded last night without any major mistakes, my wrist is paying the price today.

I just want to know the name/author of this song please, it's really popular:

vocaroo.com/i/s1F2iHbV8pJT

It sounds like an ancient Chinese street musician trying to remember the tune for The Godfather.

Attached: C58ADC77-DC42-4035-8D60-0A6B5376ADBA.jpg (300x210, 34K)

Brown-Eyed women

Grateful Dead cover...

youtu.be/GPN3DpN-jRc

Attached: Brown-Eyed Women.jpg (1400x1400, 474K)

sweet

don't have time to record anything today, but here's a Ween cover from a while back i recorded from one of these threads.

vocaroo.com/i/s03bkSwTSQj0

Attached: ween-mollusk-dream.jpg (1024x1024, 225K)

I don't have the voice of Bill Callahan so I probably shouldn't have tried to sing this but oh well.

vocaroo.com/i/s1tT6FOBPlqw

vocaroo.com/i/s10iD0cWglqD

Nice simple song and this album seems popular here so thought I'd record it for a change from my own songs and Bob Dylan.

>vocaroo.com/i/s03bkSwTSQj0
Nice, you have a good gentle voice that conveys emotion well.

I don't know Bill Callahan but I think you sing this pretty well.

Attached: 7b046db9061e45c7bb905402ff6a546d.jpg (300x300, 20K)

hella dope

hella samefag more like

what a hella samefag this guy is...LOLZ

Attached: advisory.jpg (500x356, 53K)

samesamefagfag

bump

vocaroo.com/i/s0C7QfVxfWn1

>tfw no one responds to this as per usual

Attached: 1504919130986.png (967x954, 554K)

samesamesamesamefagfagfag

Your singing is not bad but you could improve this with more energetic strumming, the chug-chug-chug downstrums are quite dull.

Also people are more inclined to rate (or at least should be) when you take the time to rate theirs.

>nobody else rates anybody either
kek why the double standard friendo. do you just me to listen to yours? why you holding me to a higher standard?

try doing i can tell we are going to be friends by the whitestripes the melody and chords are the same pretty much

>holding me to a higher standard
I’m not, I agree it’s sometimes a problem with these threads although if you look you will see some people do actually bother. I always try, even when I dislike the song I will often find something good to say about it.

I just think you have a bit of a nerve bitching about it without bothering yourself.

>I just think you have a bit of a nerve bitching about it without bothering yourself.
hypocrite much

don't project your bullshit onto me lol

I’m not projecting anything on to you, you are whining that people don’t comment without commenting on any posts yourself. That’s hypocrisy and you are evidently butthurt that I called you out on it.

that's literally what you did

like i said don't project your feelings onto me man

What are you even talking about? I commented on every post in this thread except this one as it clearly doesn’t belong in here. At no point did I complain about others not commenting until you did, at which point I rated yours and suggested perhaps you could help by promoting a culture of commenting yourself. It’s not that difficult a concept is it?

this hit me right in the feels. love jackson c frank

bump

bump