Be California

>be California
>build city in the middle of a huge desert
>literally have to steal water from other cities to even survive
>suddenly it doesn't rain (like a desert is supposed to)
>OH MAH GOD WE'RE IN A DROUGHT HELP US

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Los_Angeles_Aqueduct
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carlsbad_desalination_plant
sciencealert.com/this-new-technology-converts-sea-water-into-drinking-water-in-minutes
onthesnow.com/southern-california/ski-resorts.html
youtube.com/watch?v=5aZi1RXe9kY
m.youtube.com/?#/watch?v=tTXILmKdrjo
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

the drought was caused by political failures. we're perfectly capable of having enough water.

Which large Californian city is in a desert?

I believe op thinks los angeles is in a desert but that's incorrect

t. farms

we haven't built a dam or lake for like 50 years, while allowing a fifth of Mexico to come on in.

our state is beyond retarded, beyond the pale of sjw and beyond saving.

it is a dead state. all you see living in it are flies and maggots living off the corpse.

need I remind you who Leeland Yee is.

Who /venturacounty/ here?

>The drought was caused by political failures.
K. Drought, by definition is the absence of rainfall you fucking simpleton.
LA isn't in a desert as well.
And political successes have been able to provide everyone in California with water during a period of sparse rainfall.

>Hating the most successful states.

>implying reckless agriculture isn't responsible

Gotta grow those almonds somehow, boys.

why are you so hostile

>he thinks Los Angeles is located in a desert

Because uneducated rednecks in the south come here and try to talk shit about my home state. Responding in kind.

It doesn't matter anyway because California has already become a colonial territory of Mexico. We should really just leave California on the other side of the wall instead of even trying to save that state.

/Santa Barbara/ here

been here your whole life or are you just here for college (CSUCI/VC/MC?)

>Its impossible for two races to live in relative harmony.

God, just look at all these Califags crawling out of the woodwork to defend their shit state.
>LA isn't a desert
OP never SAID LA was in a desert, you illiterate beaner. Remind me again, how did California City--the third largest city in your state--work out?
>m-muh farms use all da watah
Oh wow, your state economy relies on the cheap importation of a vital resource? Well that just changes everything, doesn't it?
>i-its just political failures guise, really!
Your state has been in an unnaturally wet phase for the past few centuries. It going dry now is not a political issue, but a simple consequence of geography and climate.

I wouldn't say your state is beyond saving. Just look at Arizona, they're fairly successful despite being a huge desert in the south. Don't give up and let the spics win. Remove burrito.

Near ocean doesn't mean not desert. It's still very dry

>the inland counties of sutter, madera and kern will have the largest percentage gains in population

you guys act like california is overflowing with mexicans, we are, but they have been and always will be contained in the central valley

a place where coastal californians don't give a fuck about

it is dry but certainly not a desert, Mediterranean sub tropic to be exact

You know: whenever I see this "horror graphics" burgers post, I'm jealous. Why? Imagine the hispanic percentage to be middle eastern and sub-sahara African muslims...

>crawling out of the woodwork
Were always here you dumb fuck. There's 30 million of us.
>OP never SAID LA was in a desert
Everybody knows when people refer to California having cities in the Desert they are referring to LA, stop being childish.

You are right about the farms, but not about the drought. We don't even have records for the past few centuries.

Northern California (not San Francisco) I'm talking VERY Northern California is great. Always cold and rainy, green mountains filled with great big redwood trees. You can't swim in the ocean though. You'll die. Not only because it's too cold but the waves are too strong.

>YOLO county

Conservatives like to hate on Mexicans, but statistically, they go to church more often then conservatives, have closer ties to family and community than conservatives and work more than conservatives.

also for you non californians, the drought has not effected anyone in LA at all, the only group of people who have been effected by the drought are the illegals working in agriculture

and you guys hate illegals, so shouldn't you be stoked for that?

>sutter/butte county
fuck off were full

uhhh excuse me I have tight restrictions on when I can water my plants now and it affects my quality of life

>California City
Only has a population of 14,000.
There's more people living in the tenderloin of San Francisco.

fucking where? My neighborhood has "tight" water restrictions and yet every lawn is green and I have a vegetable garden

you should try keeping a bucket in the shower

When the Cannabis vote passes this November were going to need even more water for our new industry explosion.

Sorry

And the chance of them snackbaring are wonderfully low aswell. - You still should deport your illegals though.

it is when they are violent bandit worshiping rape babies

Los Angeles created itself as a major city during a vote in 1905, when funds for a water system were enacted. Today, liberals are allowing the city to die by blocking desalination plants and infrastructure projects needed to deliver water to the nation's second-largest metropolis.

>By July 1905, the Times began to warn the voters of Los Angeles that the county would soon dry up unless they voted bonds for building the aqueduct. Artificial drought conditions were created when water was run into the sewers to decrease the supply in the reservoirs and residents were forbidden to water their lawns and gardens.

>On election day, the people of Los Angeles voted for $22.5 million worth of bonds to build an aqueduct from the Owens River.

>The opening of the Los Angeles Aqueduct provided the city with four times as much water as it required, and the offer of water service became a powerful lure for neighboring communities.

you srs?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Los_Angeles_Aqueduct

Were you roomates with Eliot Rogers?

Show me statistics on how many of them are violent bandit worshiping rape babies.
Singular examples are meaningless.

also
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carlsbad_desalination_plant

Yep. It was that aqueduct that succeeded in turning Los Angles into the international economic powerhouse it is today. Because they lack foresight, our government refuses to invest in any new infrastructure projects because its "too expensive" or "it might hurt the minnows"

there is the singular example of all of mexico, central America and south america

at least we have rain faggot

I wouldnt cite Carlsbad as an example of a successful infrastructure project. Due to environmental concerns (why do environmental concerns come up here, and not, for example, in the decision to build a multinational port?) that plant has overrun its budget by a factor of three or more. Parts of our government are trying to shut it down, citing global warming (?).

>San Diego Coastkeeper is suing the SDCWA over environmental concerns. On July 29, 2015 they argued in a hearing before Superior Court Judge Gregory Pollack that the Authority's long-term water plan (and specifically the Carlsbad desalination plant) violates the California Environmental Quality Act, specifically with respect to energy needs and the greenhouse gases associated with those.

How dat make u feel wite boi

>image.jpg
...who /831/ here?

/562/ here

La is in a desert because there is no local fresh water

Then leave I don't need negative nancys sucking up my water and space anyways

Hurr durr cuz da Mexicans are taking over. The motherfuckers never left its not like we final solutioned them after the war we just marginalized their societal worth. Most of the "immigrants" to California have strong family ties going back centuries here. It's a situation easterners don't understand and that's why white Californians aren't overly worried about Mexican populations. We grew up with as many garcias as we did smiths

>hurr everybody knows X
No. No, they don't. Maybe that's the common understanding in Commiefornia, but nowhere else.
California City is your third largest city. It's not your third most populated; it's just sprawling abandoned suburbs, because 99% of it is empty thanks to its being built in a motherfucking desert which, surprise, couldn't support a thriving metropolis without imported water.

CA native here
The drought not being over yet IS caused by political failures. The left refuses to sign off on desalination plants that could have ended the water shortage years ago. San Diego is the only city that has gotten it right so far by saying fuck Sacramento we're doing it anyway. If the left wasn't so useless we would no longer have a water shortage.

sciencealert.com/this-new-technology-converts-sea-water-into-drinking-water-in-minutes

Are you retarded? Google "salton sea".

There's hardly anyone to the east, household water use is barely 13%. Most water goes to industry and agriculture.

Not to mention the golf clubs and almond trees. We provide the world with almonds and they take so much fucking water.

If LA is in a desert then so is all of Portugal, Spain, Italy, Greece, since they have relatively the same whether.

Does pic related look like a desert to you?

Something like 80-85% of the water is used for agriculture if I'm remembering it right. So it's the farms, not the cities.

there's an 80% chance he isn't white Tbh

Not in California

True, this is not a desert.

Mother fucker there are mountains, snow pack, and rivers throughout that peninsula, but not in the south by Seville which is basically a desert. There are mountains and snow pack and rivers here in nor cal too but not in the south which is a desert.

I'm sorry
68%+ of being mexican or hispanic

>there are no mountains with snow in SOCal
onthesnow.com/southern-california/ski-resorts.html

I think that's an overestimation but even if its not how would you replace the food supplied by those farms? And the almond thing wont last forever the bottom will fall out due to overproduction and people will go bankrupt on the new orchards then back to dry land farming like oats and barley because the counties all have moratoriums on new wells being dug and those crops don't require a 3 year investment before yields

It doesnt matter. The solution is simple. If we need more water, we can get it. We literally have the technology. Voters need to sack up, bite the bullet, and fund it. Then environmentalists need to back off and let us finish a project in peace.

I am thankful I moved out of that shithole of a state after high school. Went to college and now work in based Texas. Grew up in San Jose and Fuck the bay area. The only time I would want to move to California again is if it split and northern California had less illegals and better firearm laws (hopefully San Francisco and Oakland and Berkley sink into the fucking ocean). My parents kind of understand why I don't want to move back but not fully. My wife wants to move back because we both have family there but I won't move to such an indebted, chucked state if I can help it.

Look you thick headed dolt there are no major rivers by you and even the map says in giant letters MOJAVE DESERT. So what if you found a tiny deposit of snow its like tits on a boar compared to the logistics needed to sake that thirst. People didn't build the great California aquaduct for shits and giggles. agreed

>youtube.com/watch?v=5aZi1RXe9kY
THATS SAN DIEGOS WATER

Coastal California is a lot different than living in Indio.

Hell in San Diego living 1 mile from the ocean is a lot different than 10 miles

> There are mountains and snow pack and rivers here in nor cal too but not in the south which is a desert.

Then those things in pic related must be sand dunes.

>LA isn't in a desert as well.

Santa Monica is not in a desert. Have you been to LA?

Sure go more inland and it's arid AF

>south is so overrun with beaners its indistinguishable from mexico

>north is overrun with super rich chinks, poo in loo programmers and liberal hipster yuppies.

>hot blonde california girls are a thing of the past, now its just bull dyke sjw feminists

>still produce more GDP than your shit state

desalination is expensive as fuck.

Enjoy your highest tax rates in the country going up even more when the gubmint starts building desalination plants to make sure all the beaner anchor babies can take hourlong showers

But where are the rivers? That little mountain ain't shit compared to Shasta, Lassen, the trinity alps, the coastal mountain range. You'd need three whole ranges of those mountains to produce the enough snow to make a river as big as the Sacramento River

It's all connected bro there's no separation between those population centers its a mega metropolis and that's the problem.

Northern California can't keep the lakes filled because they ship it all to Southern California to take care of all those greedy beaners.

m.youtube.com/?#/watch?v=tTXILmKdrjo
Those are cuckservative talking points that have all been debunked.

We can afford it though cuz we aren't poor Canadians and over time our superetech will make it cheaper

California isn't a desert. It's semi-arid like Italy.

California doesn't steal water from other states. The Colorado river is in California and so are the Rockies.

The cities are only 10% of Californians water usage.

Wow, could you possibly be any more BTFO?

The vast majority of water usage is in northern and central CA friendo

This makes me want to reinstall Fallout 2

Sure, enjoy paying for your own drinking water.

And enjoy paying for the water of your hordes of mexican immigrants.

Might as well live in the third world at that point.

Are you retarded?
>Colorado, Rockies Cali
>my fucking sides dude Google earth yourself

I lived in California for 8 or 9 years.
At one poilnt I lived in Yucca Valley which is close to 29 palms and Palm Springs.
That is the desert.
Los Angeles County and Orange County are not deserts you dumb fucking niggers

*sierra nevada

And yes the Colorado river is the border between NV, AZ, and CA

In exchange for you blocking our river we get a portion of the water.

stay BTFO

Mexican immigrants pay for water too otherwise that shit gets turned off you ever live in town?

Before it was settled it was a desert

The Colorado is no where near l a though

Are you stupid?

>build city in the middle of a huge desert

Where? The only places like that I know of are Nevada and Arabia.

Inland Empire = Desert cities, not LA though

There are so many mexicans in California it turned into Mexico 2.0 ROFL

desalination plants don't really have a good large-scale payoff for the amount of energy they consume though

>le california desert maymay

you realize most of the water we "waste" goes to growing our produce right?

>california "stole" the south's ag
so why no take it back?
technically we are at a deficit with a drought and high land costs...
The real reason is the climate diversity, soil, low frost conditions, etc that make this state the ag superpower.

I think the California hate just goes a little too far when you are mad at us for growing food.

damn california looks great for /out/

>mediterranean sub tropic
>on the pacific

come on nigga like yeah they're similair biomes but dont just fucking copy paste the first fucking result you see from a search

Tell that to Australia

>literally have to steal water from other cities to even survive
It's bought, not stolen. Not our fault that farmers trying to grow shit in a desert can't afford the higher water bills that urban areas are willing to pay.

Cali is pretty fantastic m8

We have no water guize
831 reporting

Its just flyovers that listen to dadvice.
I get all the same shit when I go visit my family in Texas/Oklahoma

>hurr bet you never seen an alternator before californias dont work on cars ahyuck
>im a fucking mechanic

>this here is a farm ahyuck bet u never seen that
>I literally grew up on an avacado/alpaca farm

flyovers are dumbshits

Carlsbad is fucking retarded. Should have out a new nuke plant there and added on desalination + carbon capture. This state is full of moronic pussies.

ok I think I will

Mountain High? More like Mountain Break Your Fucking Tailbone On The Shitty "Snow"

no one lives in the majove desert you redding inbred. go smoke some more meth.