Emo

Haven't been on Sup Forums in 6 years, back when snowing ruled the emo-kingdom. How are we feeling about this new wave of "emo" bands?

Attached: memejeans.jpg (480x360, 78K)

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/document/d/1aGuMAL7tnqWNqir1lPgOCmCDg2y-xMii9lhOyz8SeHw/edit?usp=drivesdk
youtube.com/watch?v=GH53DFDjWOs
shizune.bandcamp.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=Y7CyZGlI4yE
youtube.com/watch?v=N-rb9pgaWNo
elleoakland.bandcamp.com/releases
heartattackman.bandcamp.com/
youtube.com/channel/UCrFmM7YHOLPiV-07E5crWCg
darkl3.bandcamp.com/album/birds-bees-and-sweaty-palms
twoknights.bandcamp.com/album/effing
smallmammal.bandcamp.com/album/the-same-stories-that-never-get-old
awakebutstillinbed.bandcamp.com/album/what-people-call-low-self-esteem-is-really-just-seeing-yourself-the-way-that-other-people-see-you
twitter.com/AnonBabble

it's dead user.

:(

PUP, Modern Baseball and Front Bottoms were worth it. glad it's dead again

Yeah, its dead. Mom jeans is decent but what else is out there right now? Thankfully 2010-12 had a ton of good emo.

I'm gonna re-listen a brave little abacus album now that I remember, probably the Demos.

hmmm suprised to hear that Sup Forums likes mom jeans. been to their shows every time they come to the area and it gets worse and worse every time. Their fanbase seems to be full of kids who look like they have never been to show before.
two knights are still making decent music at least.
god i miss brave little abacus

>hmmm suprised to hear that Sup Forums likes mom jeans
Well its just one user, I've read both positive and negative opinions.
>been to their shows every time they come to the are
I'm not from America so I wouldn't know about live experiences, but does the emo scene still exist to some degree?

Alright.

docs.google.com/document/d/1aGuMAL7tnqWNqir1lPgOCmCDg2y-xMii9lhOyz8SeHw/edit?usp=drivesdk

Attached: Screenshot_20180107-165958.png (912x771, 365K)

oh yeah. places like philly, Denton, Chicago have house shows every week. Also, the emo subreddit is pretty active.

that was a really good read.

>house shows every week
>tfw I will never be an american teen in the emo scene
>tfw condemned to live as a spic

come through. am spic as well

Attached: mex.jpg (564x564, 27K)

They follow an established formula nowadays. At least with bands like Snowing and Algernon, they introduced interesting ideas to the mix. Even if some of the revival bands didn't come up with anything new, most still executed their songs well.

Nowadays, bands just follow a template. Whiny ass vocals singing about love to quirky math inspired emo/pop punk. That said, the scene where I'm from pumps out emo bands all the time. Some even garnered some music zine appeal, so it's not entirely dead.

Sorority Noise
Basement
The Front Bottoms
Tiny Moving Parts
Free Throw
It Looks Sad.
The Wonder Years
Can't Swim
McCafferty
Modern Baseball
Moose Blood
Remo Drive
Microwave
I Kill Giants
Tigers Jaw
Joyce Manor

Why is everyone saying emo revival is dead? Are Modern Baseball, Gulfer and TWIABPAINLATD not making any more music?
Sounds like music media hogwash

Fucking this, i only have ONE friend that likes post-hardcore / emo. Everyone in my town listens to meme de marco and boy pablo. Nothing but hipster trash

well actually....modern baseball are not making music anymore.

and i know its not dead. i go to shows every week and listen to emo nonstop. I'm just wondering what's Sup Forums's opinion on it these days. I grew up on Sup Forums and this place change my whole perspective on music. This is where i was introduced to emo.

The Hotelier's 2nd album is wonderful, front to back

i liked that new awakebutstillinbed record a lot
it's fitting they signed to tiny engines because they remind me a lot of the hotelier

>modern baseball are not making music anymore.
FUCK
Well, they went out with a fucking bang, that's for sure. That last record was incredible

hell yeah. saw them live last week, and even bought sharon(?) a beer. that band is so cool.

>tfw you have emo songs written but nobody to play them with because everyone in you know listens to trendy radio shit

nice. i haven't been able to see them live because i don't live on the west coast but i got a cd from them before they signed to tiny engines and it was shipped to me in an envelope that she hand signed.

I liked Greatest Hits by Remo Drive and that one The Hoteliers album

thats pretty epic. im sure they'll head to the different parts of the U.S. soon enough.

yeah, i dig remo drive. I asked off for their show with sorority noise this week, but it fucking sold out :(

thats 99% of us

This.

this. to be honest, they have a flawless discography. im afraid of them putting out another album and it ruining their streak. we haven’t had a band that’s done this since brand new.

>brand new released the best emo album
Stopped there

>TFW my high school years were full of scene kinds listening to crunkcore calling themselves emo
>I hated all of it
>Find Knapsack in my early 20's and find out I missed out on all this good shit
Fucking kill me.

>The Wonder Years
Do people actually like them? Something about their... everything, really bugged me.

>Also, the emo subreddit is pretty active.
Dude's not wrong, it's actually a pretty good place to source new shit from.

Attached: 15846822.jpg (586x651, 51K)

Why are people so ignorant about the actual Emo genre?

>INB4 phoneposting

Attached: Comb21032018034031.jpg (1620x960, 292K)

What are the best screamo albums of the last like, seven years or so? I've been super out of the loop on that stuff since around 2011 and just listen to Saetia/Off Minor/Pg.99 every time I'm in the mood for it

Suis La Lune discog
The Most Sad - ...and we spoke of disorder
I Hate Sex - World of Greif

The ones I can think of on top of my head, find em on bandcamp.

I hear old gray is good.
Also father figure. Not sure if that’s last 7 years though

>I hear old gray is good.
Some of their stuff is, Hotel Books is in the same kind of boat. A lot of their stuff can be really great but sometimes it just sounds like Front Porch Step.

Also try out Snowing, they're good too. Can't believe I forgot them.

Polar Bear Club is... sort of maybe what you might be looking for. They sound emo and there's a kind of screaming quality to it, but I wouldn't say it's exactly screamo.

You could also check out this Czech band Brighter Days. Their lyrics aren't fantastic but I dig their sound.
youtube.com/watch?v=GH53DFDjWOs

Attached: 1513997464528.png (219x230, 10K)

Bump

shizune.bandcamp.com/

roastie is just going through a phase, she doesnt give a shit about emo or music in general

>asks about Emo
>image isn’t emo

Come back in another 6 years

it's been 8 years now but this is the pinnacle of screamo

youtube.com/watch?v=Y7CyZGlI4yE

this record is really good too

youtube.com/watch?v=N-rb9pgaWNo

Attached: Folder.jpg (417x418, 20K)

none of these bands are emo

I liked the newest touché Amore album

New Beau Navire when? I have that Elle record that came out relatively recently, but it's not the same.
Also, Leer's Spring Break No Pants is amazing.

i've actually never heard of Beau Navire. Is it born out of IWHACIYY?

Decent pop punk?

A lot of stuff mentioned in the thread is pretty gr8, definitely check out Free Throw

>Is it born out of IWHACIYY?
Pretty much. I forget the details of exactly who stayed.

i'm not really into pop punk but it irritates me that people listen to these bands and then claim to be fans of emo. if anything, these are bands influenced by midwest emo revival.

oh, sweet. thanks for telling me about them. i'll have to check it out because IWHACIYY is definitely in my top 5 screamo groups.

Don't forget Elle -- it's the same singer/guitarist.
elleoakland.bandcamp.com/releases

thanks, my dude

Attached: 10378554_1591752361052698_7193486846154873474_n.jpg (710x960, 65K)

>snowing
>screamo
also reccommending snowing is essentially equivalent to recommending american football at this point

Defining agree with you here. I think people just don’t wanna be lumped in with garbage pop punk bands like all time low, mayday parade, ect. Because it isn’t “cool”

about a third of them fall into "emo secondary on RYM" core, that's kinda close

The wonder years used to be a fun pop punk band but they’ve become the most pretentious band to come from that scene.

Seriously. The upsides was sooo good. I remember when it came out this board circle jerked it.

What do you guys think of awakebutstillinbed? I think it's the best emo release of 2018 so far

Attached: Awakebutstillinbed - Low self-esteem.jpg (1200x1200, 447K)

the fingertapping midwest emo revival trend is kinda dumb. it's a skill for sure (i can't do it) but it's just one of those quirky things best used sparingly.

if anyone knows of any active slowcoreish (like codeine, bedhead, mineral) emo band/s i'd like to get rec'd, i love that stuff.

Talked about it earlier in the thread. They kick ass

This band is good. There's not a whole lot of variety and the vocals are fucking weird but their riffs/melodies are always nice.

Attached: Empire_Empire_-_You_Will_Eventually_Be_Forgotten[1].jpg (316x316, 21K)

Anybody like macseal? Idk if they even count as emo

Attached: a3512122501_16.jpg (700x700, 37K)

I saw this band the other day called heart attack man. Sounded just like jawbreaker.

heartattackman.bandcamp.com/

when do we all get our qt emo gfs?

Attached: 13659102_1099500283429329_7774595415856649205_n.png (476x403, 119K)

Attached: why 240.jpg (529x483, 109K)

Attached: 1398686235229.jpg (500x513, 43K)

>happy birthday mellisa

Fucking kill me lmao
I wonder if John knows about these.

Y’all really need to Check our this guys podcast. He’s interviewed John galm, jack senff, Nate Dionne, Adam from brave little abascus, and Tim Kinsella.

youtube.com/channel/UCrFmM7YHOLPiV-07E5crWCg

>happy birthday mellisa
What is that a reference to? I recognize it from somewhere.

emo is pretty toast, but there are some good bands

Darkle
darkl3.bandcamp.com/album/birds-bees-and-sweaty-palms

Two Knights
twoknights.bandcamp.com/album/effing

CityCop went electric also, and still kick ass
smallmammal.bandcamp.com/album/the-same-stories-that-never-get-old

tumblr emo

Attached: snowing fuck your emotional bullshit.jpg (720x667, 111K)

Mellisa is referenced in a lot of snowing songs. And even in street smart cyclist.

Two knights is good as fuck.
There’s an r/emo mod that also pushes darkle. Is that you

nah that ain't me, i just love morning effort to death and darkle is also real good

also i got to see two knights in like 2011, i'm really happy they still play. and i'm happy they still sound good and change their sound + stuff

Ahh okay. I’ll check them out. And yeah two knights is some of the best around. Got their effing vinyl the other day and it’s so beautiful.

basically every single one of these bands fucking sucks

god brave little abacus reunion WHEN

Emo spic hours

Barely Civil - we can live her forever

Mom Jeans suck to be honest. I don't get how they got such cred.

Have you seen their fanbase? Most annoying little kids ever

Nah, just people reccing on Sup Forums.

I opened for these guys last year. V nice people, the bass player was blown away by my volume pedal though it was really funny to explain how it worked/how I used it in my setup.

fuck off

No you

emo may be dead but /emoe/ never dies

free throw's new ep is good
the same drugs cover is nice

Did Sup Forums seriously like that vain garbage emo trash? Glad I wasn't around then.

Daily reminder that if you listened to emo you were normalfag trash. Alt-normie is the new term for what you are, op.

Attached: 1521504906565.jpg (1920x1080, 201K)

A section of Sup Forums yeah.
And yeah I’m sure deathgrips and animal collective are much better and interesting music, but I enjoy emo music a lot more so I’m okay with being a normal fag.

>death grips
>animal collective

You mean dad mallgoth? Just as trash.

Attached: 1521411643190.jpg (900x900, 152K)

Idk what Sup Forums listens to these days. Like I said haven’t been here in 6 years.

Here's a breakdown of the current state of mu.

>Underages - Memerap and "indie"
>avant teens - avant trash that's trending on rym
>alt normie millenials (like you) - emo, "indie"
>gay manlets - kpop
>autists - trv3 kvlt metal (so not burzum)
>patricians - don't post or go to this board

Attached: trippie-redd-teases-lil-wayne-collaboration-1.jpg (800x533, 59K)

Sounds horrible. Miss the days of circle jerking to NMH

NMH shitposting has really died down past few years. Its almost as if that sound stopped being trendy.. Makes you think.

Attached: 1521323621545.jpg (1242x1219, 1.09M)

Wow that makes me really sad.
Music is sham

I hope youre not being ironic because I'm not.

No, I’m being serious.

Well yes. Every few years theres a new alternative sound for all the vain and vapid cunts to latch onto to feel special with everyone else just like them until the next thing comes along. Applies to all facets of culture really

We really are a fucked up species. Nothing pure exists.

macseal is real solid, tho the selftitled ep is way better than yeah no i know imo

dont really like many current bands. too much pop punk influence. like meme jeans. pretty blech. i did really like this album from this year though: awakebutstillinbed.bandcamp.com/album/what-people-call-low-self-esteem-is-really-just-seeing-yourself-the-way-that-other-people-see-you
i probably sound hypocritical since it isnt the most pure emo ever but oh well...

why does reggie and the full effect era emo never get talked about? pic related just beat my aoty nomination for cloud district.

Attached: 0B4ECF4F-8F48-4CFC-8A9E-559844EF347F.jpg (1200x1200, 127K)