Why didn't Sauron just keep some guards at the entrance to Mt. Doom?

Why didn't Sauron just keep some guards at the entrance to Mt. Doom?

it was a "black swan event"

Because Aragorn was knocking at the big door at the same moment to make sure orcs are busy

he could have left one behind
literally just one
it wouldnt make any difference in the aragorn battle but it would make all the difference in stopping frodo.

its just shocking incompetence and anyone denying this just wants saurons big cock in and around his mouth

>can't spare 2 Orcs

Beacuse Sauron couldn't understand how someone would rather destroy the ring, instead of using it for their own gain.

but Sauron never expected that they'd try to destroy the ring, they literally say in the movies that this is the only reason the plan worked you moron

what the fuck

isildur literally attempted it 2.5k years ago

if it was attempted once surely it could happen again

i dont expect to get robbed but i still lock my door retard

Isildur failed though, didn't he

literally didn't, he told Elrond to fuck off. also Sauron wasnt't around then because he has been fucking killed like few hours before that

From The Two Towers.
"He is in great fear, not knowing what mighty one may suddenly appear, wielding the Ring, and assailing him with war, seeking to cast him down and take his place.That we should wish to cast him down and have no one in his place is not a thought that occurs to his mind. That we should try to destroy the Ring itself has not yet entered into his darkest dream."

Isildur took the ring further proof no one could resist. And its true no one could resist not even frodo. The ring was destroyed by accident.

and how Sauron didnt locked his doors you absolute mong? all entrances to Mordor were heavily guarded. do you also lock your trash can in case someone breaks in?

why didn't elfron just grab that guy and make him throw the ring into the lava rather than just letting him stroll away?

Amrricans lock their trashcans. Thats why retarded OP is having trouble understanding.

Isildur could probably kick his faggy elf ass.

jesus christ you absolute cunt

the gates of mordor are equivalent to my housedoor, sure both are garded and locked

mount doom is basically my garage. you know the place where i keep my bike and car. PRETTY FUCKING IMPORTANT TO LOCK THE GARAGE TOO.

because elves are pussy cucks

he was not a murderer, if he did that he would have started a war with humans and he belived that it's Isildurs decision since Middle Earth is meant for humans. elfs can always fuck off back to Valinor and eventually will

i don't lock my trashcan

no, Mt. Doom is a sink in your kitchen at most. its fucking inside, in the middle of Mordor, not outside like garage

Pay attention. He told isildur to throw it in the fires, but isildur didnt. Elrond knows exactly what the ring is do you hoestly think elrond would fight isildur potentially killing him in order to try and take the ring to destroy it? He knows the temptations of the ring just like gandalf, he wouldnt rry something foolish like that.

That's a movie invention. Isildur was prompted by Elrond and Cirdan to destroy it but it had already worked its magic on him by that time. He claimed it as a blood prize for the deaths of his father and brother. That was what Sauron was banking on. No one would willingly destroy, and no one ever did.

And regardless, no mortal or immortal person could ever get that close to Mount Doom without succumbing to its corruption. Frodo failed remember? It was destroyed through actions it had itself created, by treachery and greed. Evil destroyed itself because that's what evil does. It's wasteful and destructive and treacherous people can sometimes overreach and do good deeds that were never intended.

b-but men are weak!!!1

nigga did you see sam cut through all those orcs earlier in the movie? you're gonna need at least a balrog to stop him

>be king excellent, a deity, right hand to morgoth himself, destroyer of numenor, conqueror of basically the whole world, lord of the rings
>be defeated by a manifold plot involving mythical heroes, freak chance and poetic justice for a broken oath
>ages later anonymous posts on a rohanian mane-braiding imageboard:
>>DUURRR HE SHOULD HAVE JUST LET SOME ORCS IN HIS PRIVATE STUDY SO THEY COULD BREAK EVERYTHING AND SHIT EVERWHERE

I bet all of this was foretold and actioned by the Great Jew called Eru. Just to despite Sauron.

Indeed, the only reason Sauron lost was because the game was rigged.

Why didn't he just Preheat the oven to 350°. Place the rack in the center of the oven. Butter and flour a 10-inch cake pan that is 3 inches deep such as a springform mold.
Sift the 1/2 cup flour, the cocoa, and the salt together onto a sheet of parchment paper and set aside. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, beat the eggs, sugar, and vanilla at high speed until the mixture has tripled in volume and is very thick, about 8 minutes. When the whisk is lifted, the batter will form a thick ribbon as it falls back into the bowl.
Lower the speed to stir and carefully tap the dry ingredients into the egg mixture. As soon as all the flour has been added to the eggs, stop the machine. Pour in the melted butter, making sure to leave the white, milky solids behind. With a large rubber spatula, using as few strokes as possible, finish folding the flour mixture and butter into the batter until evenly mixed.
Immediately scrape the batter into the prepared pan, place the pan on a baking sheet, and bake until the cake feels just firm to the touch, about 40 minutes. Transfer the cake to a rack and let it cool for about 5 minutes. Then turn the cake upside down onto a rack to cool. This will flatten the slightly domed top.
To Make the Syrup:
Place the sugar and 1/2 cup water in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring the mixture to a boil while stirring to dissolve the sugar. Add the kirsch and remove from the heat. Pour the syrup into a small cup or bowl and set it aside.

Why didn't Tolkien just not write The Lord of the Rings?

Why didn't they just fly the eagles to Mordor?

Why didnt sauron just build a wall ( and make rohan pay for it)?

Frodo. Frodo wake up! Frodo, did I ever tell you about The Water? The Water was a river in The Shire and a tributary to the Brandywine river.

It began in the Northfarthing, located in the North Moors near Long Cleeve and then passed into the Eastfarthing where it joined the River Brandywine. As The Water passed the village of Bywater, it formed Bywater pool before heading on its way towards Budge ford and then Bridgefields before striking the Brandywine.

According to the The Atlas of Middle-earth, it was approximately two-hundred miles long.[1]

Doesn't he have giant spider monsters there?

I'd lock the fucking trash can if it was the only way how someone could fucking kill me.

1. Because no one could have expected Sam to play a major role in the war, both Frodo and Isildur failed in destroying the ring, but luck was on their side.

He didn't want the orcs to do their jobs cos he's a lazy and incompetent fuck

Mt. Doom is sort of like a big button in your kitchen that when pressed kills you immediately.

Sauron did everything he did to please Morgoth, but after thousands of years, his master never returning, his hearth just wasn't in it anymore.

*heart

No it's not. It's like the oven in your kitchen, the ring is your ancestral heirloom of unfathomable valuable and the fellowship is a bunch of jews. You just don't lock your oven all the time because of some remarkably unlikely possibility that the jews will come to your house with your ring and destroy it in the oven.

>92 years old

4th age sequel when?

How long until WB assassinates him?

>food analogies

10/10

But he already knew there were two or three halfling spies in Mordor, couldn't have he just spared a few orcs to guard some key places?

>two at the entrance of Barad Dur
>two at the entrance of Durthang cast le
>two at the entrance of Mt. Doom

No, because any old oven can burn an ancestral heirloom.

Just like any volcano can destroy a ring?

Why didn't they dig a tunnel straight to mordor?

>Any volcano

Name one volcano other than mt Doom in middle earth

>he doesn't know about the secret volcanoes of ME

Jesus Christ, all the mongs in this thread.

OP, the real answer is that Sauron's arrogance caused him to be so confident in his ring's ability to warp the minds of mortals that nobody would ever be able to destroy it. And he was correct in that. It was destroyed by accident.

Why didn't Sauron make a ring to make himself less arrogant?

why was live in middle earth from isildur to frodos quest exactly the same? thats 2000+ years. why didnt any group or race undergo industrial revolution? they couldve just taken an apache AH-64 to mount doom if they had some tech

His hubris of course.

Also, a recurring theme of the stories is how underestimated Hobbits are at all times. Gandalf regarded them as his secret weapon, so Sauron had no idea they were harder to corrupt than the other races.

And have orcs pissing and shitting all over the Sammath Naur? Fuck that. Mt. Doom is Sauron's and I doubt he lets Orcs go up there save only to repair his road, assuming orcs can do that and not just slaves from Gondor and Nurn.

Because the race of men fell the day Isildur took the ring. Who else would create new technologies? Dwarves?

>Why didn't ancient Egypt industrialize. It was around for thousands of years

sauron didn't really know about hobbits. a man, elf, or dwarf or elf would surely keep the ring for themselves. and if they did try to enter would most likely be caught. hobbits are specced for sneak.

why didn't they just save some Mt doom lava when they visited the first time?

Agreed, it's like a gunsafe. As in, you better fucking keep it locked.

Why did the orcs listen to Sauron?

>implying black ancient egyptians didnt use the pyramids as spacecraft

'genre saviness' is a sort of new concept

as far as fairy tale villains go, especially ones created before modern fantasy, (and thus creating modern fantasy) sauron actually had shit together

as someone else said, Sauron might not have known that hobbits would have the +will and the +stealth required to deliver the ring right under his nose

So I've red all the Tolien stuff in German but I'd like to read at least LotR in English, too.

Could someone pls recommend me a nice LotR edition (no paperback) with all three parts plus appendices in one book?

Did he? I thought the orcs who found Frodo in a Shelob web never told the higher ups cause they wanted to eat him

Or they just assumed he was alone. Everyone in that tower that they take him to gets killed by other orcs or Sam

The mouth of Sauron presented the fellowship with Frodo's armor, so he knew. don't know if he knew they had the ring though.

Why did Sauron not know about hobbits? Doesn't he have his own CIA? They've been there for a while. Not as long as Sauron obviously but still. Gotta keep up with those intelligence reports.

Because he made ME great again unlike the elitist liberal elves

Hobbits are unassuming. Literally everyone in middle earth, including hobbits themselves, discount Hobbits as any sort of threat except Gandalf

He didn't believe that anyone would actually go and destroy the ring. And he was sort of right.

Maybe the orc that brought it said he killed Frodo?

Nice hair.

because it's a retarded movie and obviously that wasn't something considered.

He was completely right. Wasn't it Eru that made Gollum trip and fall into the lava?

Good post

I can't wait for the reboot that will include more WOC

How did Sauron, an ancient being serving an even ancienter being, not know about hobbits?

Even Gandalf and others are surprised by them.

>no one could resist not even frodo. The ring was destroyed by accident.

Did it go down like that in the book? Or is it another 'Bravo Hackson' moment.

yeah in the book gollum bites it off frodo's hand, but then 'trips' into the lava. it was eru illuvitar who made him trip.

No one cares about hobbits. It would be like Hitler taking precautions for an invasion from Bhutan.

What gets me is that Jackson made the palantir scene different from the books. Sauron actually appears in a body, walking around in his quarters and gets all cheeky because some retarded ginger kid appears on his tv phone. An unintelligible eye just isn't as interesting.

I'm sure he knew they existed - like he knew about dwarves. But he probably never expected that:

a. gandalf would send literal midgets with the most powerful artifact in the world to the literal demon's den

b. Frodo would be aimless and weary and lack the passion for some sort of future so much that the ring had a very difficult time to corrupt him.

c. He probably genuinely thought that there was no way the hobbits could make it from minas tirith to mt. doom (remember, he knew there were hobbits at minas tirith because of pippin & palantir) - we can tell this because he bluffs with the mithril shirt

Aren't Sauron and Melkor as ancientious? Like, they were both there when they started the song but Sauron and other lesser homos were not participating?

I thought it was pretty well done though...

I SEE YOU

Truthfully Mt. Doom is a volcano, you'd think that'd be enough of a deterrent.

Melkor is another name for Morgoth.

Sauron is to Morgoth as Gandalf is to Manwe.

Gandalf and Sauron existed at the time of creation but not as gandalf and sauron, merely as sort of lesser demigods. then the valar sung them into form.

In other words, they're all technically equally ancient, right?

Gandalf and Sauron? Yes. Gandalf could easily have taken sauron single-handed if he was allowed. but he was prevented because that wasn't how eru wanted the story to play out.

If you mean Sauron and Melkor, well technically they are just as ancient, but Melkor is more senior and thus more powerful.

The truth is OP, the game was rigged from the start.

Because it's a fucking volcano, you dipshit. What are the orcs gonna eat? Whar will they drink? How are you gonna make sure those two nobodies don't wander off?

>Gandalf could easily have taken sauron single-handed if he was allowed

No. Gandalf was shit scared of sauron and wanted to stay away.

so what did Sauron hold in Mt. Doom? what's his car and bike in this analogy?

You have all available human knowledge at your fingertips yet I doubt you've ever given a second thought to the people of Comoros

nah he was scared for his buds and what would happen if he failed to help them defeat him.

ultimately gandalf is a maiar and just about as powerful as sauron if it is allowed. eru illuvatar reincarnated him with more power when he went from grey to white. but if he was just unleashed he could have rekt sauron especially in his weakened state.

The eye is creepier. It makes Sauron appear more like the evil deity that he is.

I think the solution to both your guys confusion is this: arrogance. Sauron was just arrogant, he thought there's no way they will get through my front lines, i don't need to protect my back. he knew that mt doom was the only place the ring could be destroyed, he was just too arrogant to think a couple hobbits could make it all the way there. he probably thought the last stand at the gates was them hoping to push through.

Tolkien did say in a letter that Sauron was a maia "of a far greater order" than Gandalf or Saruman. Though he might have been speaking of his unweakened state.

Who know? He doesn't give us power levels.

The expensive lava is the car and his life being the bike.