Is it true that metal is the closest thing to classical music in modern music?

Is it true that metal is the closest thing to classical music in modern music?

Attached: mozert.jpg (295x450, 17K)

Other urls found in this thread:

mic.com/articles/87385/science-reveals-something-surprising-about-metal-fans-and-classical-music-lovers#.mGrCPUl2E
youtu.be/32Ag0dBGbvc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

no. it's not true

this

Mozart probably would play metal, not even trying to troll here. The only reason he played classical is because piano and shit was all the musical instruments they had back then. It was either piano if you were a solo artist or an entire orchestra if you wanted to play in a band.

once mozart got hold of a true electric guitar he would probably compose some kick ass metal shreds and form a metal band unlike any you ever seen. I would describe his sound as somehwhere as a mix between metallica, pantera, and slayer, definitely some heavy stuff but I feel like he would go a different route and as his music evolves you would hear more lead badass solos and less rhythmic heavy riffs.

His later works would probably be almost entirely shredding solos played underneath screaming vocals that would go together like bread and wine. It would be beautiful masterpieces I wouldn't even be able to describe, but imagine the most eligant and beatiful guitar tone imaginable shredding so fast he goes through every scale ever invented, and then goes beyond that into scales that haven't even been thought of yet that require a 15 string guitar to even play.

he isn't really known for his experimentation so chances are he'd actually be in a kiss cover band touring the small town summer festival circuit in the Midwest

yes

Classical is for aristocrats of the soul. Metal is for children.

>metal
>pop structures
>blues scales and overused "empty" intervals like perfect 5ths and octaves
>over-reliance on loudness and pompousness

No. Maybe Romanticism at its most annoying and bombastic extreme but fuck no.

>I love metal!!!! ANAAL NATRAKH!!!! POISON!!! EXODUS!! QUIET RIOT!!! SARCO UMA DELICIA FAGO!!!!!! M8L8KH!!!

Attached: hqdefault (6).jpg (480x360, 33K)

The closest thing to classical music in modern music is classical music.

>being this brainlet

Literally this.

>blues scales and overused "empty" intervals like perfect 5ths
It's funny, Bach did it as well, when his compositions needed it.

wretched post, my man

Attached: 1373617999459.gif (300x170, 762K)

No .

mic.com/articles/87385/science-reveals-something-surprising-about-metal-fans-and-classical-music-lovers#.mGrCPUl2E

>Long stereotyped as violent and even Satanic, heavy metal music and its fans have an unfortunate history of alienation and intolerance from mainstream culture. But it seems all those years of negative press are totally in the wrong: Classical fans and metal fans are scientifically proven to have identical psychological profiles. And the two forms of music are way more alike than you'd think.
EVERYONE ITT BTFO

No, contemporary classical music is.

Yes, absolutely.

Attached: metal composer.jpg (700x394, 33K)

Classical into Jazz into Metal.
What's next in the logical conclusion of music?

Aside from modern classical, I'd say modern electronic music is the closet thing in terms of pure composition.

Is this pasta

It SHOULD be

>Classical into Jazz into Metal.
Please explain what links these three genres together.
Classical and Jazz are taken seriously by actual musicians, but I can't think of anything that links all three genres.

inb4
>Classical
>Genre

Metal is a SOUND but lacks everything in terms of composition. Mozart wouldn't give a damn if his music came out as midi whistle tones as long as you could hear his harmony and melodic creativity.

The Beatles are closest to classical in that they have the best and most sophisticated melodies.

And you ate it all like a bitch

Mmm, lemme eat your pasta daddy UwU

2/10

It's funny, he did a lot of things and didn't rely almost completely on being loud and on "powerchords" and melodic octave passages.

he looks so smug

>metal is the closest thing to classical music in modern music

Attached: ZsqtEgn.jpg (558x744, 53K)

Mozart a cute

Attached: Mozartb.4073337_std.jpg (459x561, 140K)

do you think he liked cuddles?

Of course and also farting and scatology

Pale Waves

>Mozart played classical

can you imagine being stupid enough to write, let alone, think this thought?

No, this is a meme spurred by metalheads who know nothing about classical music.

There isn’t really any genre of popular music that’s close to classical music.

Surprise, the closest thing is... modern classical music.
youtu.be/32Ag0dBGbvc

>There isn’t really any genre of popular music that’s close to classical music.

Except maybe some progressive rock. But even then the most musically advanced prog rock songs look basic compared to most classical music.

>Except maybe some progressive rock
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

What? I’m a classical musician and it’s the only genre I’ve found that has some resemblence.

>psychology
>scientifically proven
Yeah, that's exactly how things work.