Why are they doing this?

Why are they doing this?

Because in the real, boring world women's rights actually matter.

In the zany world of memes kek fuck them.

Women's rights do not matter. What are they even protesting? Or matching for? Why aren't they at work?

Honest, serious question - in the United States, which political rights are women still fighting for? I'm well aware that sexism still exists at the social level, but what do you actually want the GOVERNMENT to do for you at this point?

They don't know why they are marching.

The fact that the government continues to encroach on their reproductive rights is troubling and nightmarishly archaic. Boooring and gaaaay i know, but true.

Isn't it just whether or not the government pays for which procedures and how much?
I am not american and don't care either way.

They think its a """""""""""""""""""""""right"""""""""""""""""""" that the taxpayer should pay for their birth control/abortions/std screenings/hormones/sexchange operations/ect

If you think this is a waste of taxpayer money then you are literally worse than hitler

Ideally or in principal yes, but abortion aside, which isnt actually funded by taxpayers, places like Planned Parenthood are vital for women's (and men's - if you're in a relationship) reproductive health. But bc it's not abstinence only its constantly targeted to lose funding and shutter.

I'd rather women pick up condoms at PP and not birth a little hoodrat nobody wants first. Before abortion, before birth, before crime.

Because Sam keked them so hard

virtue signaling

they don't really give a fuck, it's just trendy to be there and be visible. they get social capital with their other lefty buddies.

Just a reminder

What's the joke here, that he's gay? Are you 15 just in from 9gag or something?

wew

THIS

I agree, but if I'm not mistaken, abortion is legal in the US and has been for some time.

So are these rallies literally just saying "KEEP THINGS THE WAY THEY ARE OR ELSE?" I'm not even implying there's something wrong with that, I'm just trying to get a handle on what this stuff is actually all about

So many girls in my school act like "militant Feminists" and spend a huge amount of time thinking & talking about this stuff, but I never get a clear idea on what they actually want. Most of their complaints seem to be based on sexist comments they hear from people in their lives, which could certainly be improved on, but it's not a political issue, and certainly not the President's job to police individual behavior & speech.

You guys know that's from a Jim O'Rourke song, right?

Good taste, Tim

Niggers don't use condoms. The board of Planned Parenthood makes millions of dollars off killing babies. They could be less selfish and give some of that up and more than make up the difference of any public funding they might lose.

Name one legal right men have that women don't. Right now.

I actually think the outrage right now is completely justified. At the moment, Roe v Wade is dangerously close to being overturned. Although I think the women's marches were a waste of time and money that should have gone towards a defense fund or some other form of protection, I think they were without a doubt justified

This is an issue that biologically only affects women, so that argument doesn't really hold here

But anyone who claims that women don't have the rights that men do is retarded

Pretty much this. And while it doesnt sound important to many here, it may be one day when you do start fucking and knock the wrong girl up and are instantly indebted to her for $200,000 over the next two decades.

>Roe v Wade is dangerously close to being overturned
How so? That's a Supreme Court issue, not a Donald Trump issue. And if I'm not mistaken, they can't just decide to overturn it one day on a whim, there'd actually need to be a real case tried before the Supreme Court that leads them to the conclusion that fetuses have the right to live, or something.

Abortion is racist. If you support abortion then you are human garbage.

>But anyone who claims that women don't have the rights that men do is retarded

I guess those women are retarded because I always see them carrying signs about fighting for their "fundamental rights" -- which female biological issues don't fall under.

Unless they're asking for special rights...

Please leave, Reddit. This board is awful enough as it is.

I thought Sup Forums was not as shit during the day? Or is jobless flyover America just waking up?

I'm also going to be really pissed if PP gets defunded. I've gotten tested for free there and my girlfriend got an IUD as well.

I can't believe they want to shut down an organization that helps prevent pregnancies and the spread of STDs

>are instantly indebted to her for $200,000 over the next two decades.
So men should have the right to demand an abortion? I agree.

>How so? That's a Supreme Court issue, not a Donald Trump issue.

FYI there's a seat open, he'll fill it w/ a backwoods religious zealot.

Pay for it yourself you fucking leech.

Maybe so, sure, but until then..

Exactly.

They're not asking for special rights, you fucking moron. Men don't get pregnant so there is no equivalent right for them

I do however believe that if the man does not want the child and the woman does not want an abortion or to put the child up for adoption, he shouldn't be forced to pay or care for the child. Unless of course it was rape or some other form of extreme coercion

Oh yeah totally, especially poor people. I say they have to pay for it! I think what this world needs is more unwanted babies being born to poor shitty parents who didn't want the child in the first place. I want these kids joining gangs as early as possible!

Thank you user, you really opened my eyes

Men don't have the right to refuse to pay child support if a woman decides to not get an abortion. The man will be thrown in jail.

Shut up fag. You don't have a point.

Stop being lazy and stupid and you won't be poor. There. Fixed.

Wahhh I wanna fuck but if I get pregnant I want to be able to kill the baby and have taxpayers fund it!

Yeah, and I take issue with that. Maybe if the sex was irresponsible and unprotected the man should be expected to help, but if proper precautions were taken and something happened anyways, either through accident or the woman lying, it's very unfair to make the man get involved

>a Jim O'Rourke song
It's an Ivor Cutler song you fuckin'...

Did anyone else lose respect for Tim?

Like, he was this guy who was above everything and took nothing seriously, but once he started getting political it became obvious that he's actually not very bright. I'm sure his understanding of geo-politics is probably that of a high schooler at best. Idk what Eric's like though, he might actually be smart.

All available evidence indicates that the socioeconomic class you're born into is the one you die in. Please stop pretending otherwise, you uneducated cretin.

Yeah, and it's still fucking ridiculous (should be illegal) that they blocked Obama's guy.

However I still stand by my point - the "open seat" was vacated by a famously conservative, anti-abortion Justice who still never managed to overturn Roe v. Wade. Trump is basically looking for a replacement Scalia, but even if he appoints the most fundamentalist conservative Justice he can find, Roe v. Wade will be in exactly the same amount of "danger" as it was before Scalia's death.

And once again, they'd actually need to hear a case that argues AGAINST the legal right to abortion, and I haven't heard of any such case making its way to the Supreme Court.

Look, I'm not a fan of Trump and I'm all for reproductive rights, I'm just trying to cut through the bullshit here. This is the reason why liberals have been so ineffective for the last several years, there's too much hysterical exaggeration about every little issue, and it makes it impossible to focus on anything important.

Not an argument
I'm not poor, but poor people are, and always have been, and always will be. Unless you are seriously proposing we find a way to eliminate all poverty in our country, you can't ignore the fact that it exists and always will, regardless of whose fault it is.

As disappointing as it may be, you need to let the poor leach at least a little bit, or else you'll end up with more future leeches being born

>Wahhh I wanna fuck

I know you do, and one day when you get there, these issues may be important to you.

It's obnoxious in general when people use their celebrity status to become activists.

>Yeah, and it's still fucking ridiculous (should be illegal) that they blocked Obama's guy.
I am still fucking seething over this

Even the most far-right conservative needs to realize how fucking shit that was. Rules don't change just because you like, that's literal SJW talk

damn, hot take

>a bloo bloo bloo poor people are helpless retards who can't take responsibility for their own actions

Just don't point out that restricting abortion rights directly contributes to more poor minorities than any other demographic. This scrambles rightard's brains.

>it's not my fault I'm a lazy piece of shit

This is why you are poor and why you will die poor.

thanks bruh

You have to go back

Not that user but you're so ignorant it hurts. Do you want less poor people? Let them get condoms and the occasional abortion. It'll cost pennies in taxes but save in the longterm on welfare. You're happy to support le Wall though, right?

If we're forced to subsidize poor people and their shitty lifestyle, why not require sterilization as a requirement for receiving welfare?

Ethno-supremacists and supporters of eugenics agree with abortion because the majority of aborted children are African American.

Is abortion racist?

Equal rights amendment would be a good start. At the moment every single government protection that women have can easily be repealed by fruitcakes like Trump.

Being able to do what they want with their bodies.

>Roe v Wade is dangerously close to being overturned

except, that's false

they are desperate to plunge their rods deep into some foof

This is a silly, tangential smokescreen and obscures the intellectual and socio-economic realities. But as a meme, it's got legs!

>So are these rallies literally just saying "KEEP THINGS THE WAY THEY ARE OR ELSE?"

Yeah. Sort of a valid action when there's people actively trying to overturn Roe v Wade.

except half of women are against aborting babies

don't call some stupid leftwing march a women's march

LOL

Hey buddy! It seems like you didn't take a very close look at my post. Not to worry though! I am more than happy to help you with the part you didn't understand.

>it exists and always will, regardless of whose fault it is.

See, what I meant by this is that poverty has existed in every civilization in the history of mankind. Even if poverty is 100% the fault of the poor, that doesn't change the fact that it is a constant and always, always will be.

When you only give them the option of getting abortions or birth control they can not afford, guess what! Most of them are just going to have more children who will grow up poor, and will commit more crimes and demand more money from the government

Give me ONE (1) argument against that

You're free to run for office on that platform. Good luck.

PP is a company that only gets a miniscule portion of its funding from the government.

The feds defunding PP will not have a substantial effect on its ability to continue operations.

Because less birth control/no abortion is worse for everybody. Why are so many guys against birth control? Don't you guys love giving a good creampie?

for

But this is kinda what I mean. There wasn't NEARLY enough focus on this while Obama was still in office, because liberals constantly have their attention divided between 100 little fringe causes that are all pretending to be urgent, life-or-death issues. And they completely miss the one chance to actually use political protest for real, tangible, justified change.

Appointing Merrick to the Supreme Court would've laid this whole argument to rest. But people are so busy howling about "women's rights" in a general sense, that they miss the opportunity to do something real to protect women's rights.

You asked, that's the answer.

>implying Sup Forums has had intercourse with the fairer sex and doesnt just hate them for constantly ignoring them in class and laughing when Chad made fun of them.

that you shouldn't project your incompetence on others?

>socio-economic

Lol. I got info graphs ( with sources!) to make you eat that word.

wealth doesn't correlate well with antisocial behavior when accounting for African Americans.

As a liberal (not necessarily a leftist though) I couldn't agree more. I watch my friends dump a stupid amount of energy and anger into what are essentially naturally occurring false flags. There's no conspiracy to create these issues to distract from bigger ones, but that's the exact effect they have anyways.

its probably because they didnt have control of the Senate and thus couldnt force a vote.

you know, because elections and rules

How ironic.

why don't these whores pay for their own toiletries

also abortion is immoral and disgusting

Explain, if you actually have an argument

Pop quiz:

Name one nation with more liberal abortion laws than the US.

Abortion is morally wrong.

If you haven't noticed, in the USA, whether something is moral or not doesn't determine that laws surrounding it. What matters is if it is a definite detriment to society

I'm not sure what you think liberals could have done. No amount of protesting would have gotten anybody confirmed.

I'm just saying that THAT would've been the time for a march on Washington, to pressure the Senate to accept Obama's Justice pick. It still might've failed, but at least it would've been a political protest with a real political goal.

Fetuses aren't babies you dumb fuck

When does a fetus become a baby, you dumb fuck?

Anybody saying abortion is morally wrong would happily get one for their own lover/sister/whatever.

Only guys I see against it are the ones who settled down and lives are pretty much over. It's just their way of taking power from other people so they may one day be as miserable as them.

or instead you could use that time and effort to do something that actually would matter - like canvassing for political parties

nobody gives a shit about protests

HAHAHAHA

Why make these pointless posts?

You're technically insulting yourself because you're here too, dumbass.

Kill yourself, libtard.

>morally wrong

Better make adultery illegal.

Speak for yourself.
I want kids.
I want people in my family to have kids.

If you don't want kids, don't impregnate (or get pregnant).

Trick question.

It's easier to get abortions in most western countries. There's more regulation and bureaucracy in European countries, but it's a formality. It's a loophole. Not real threats access like laws the more barbaric states are trying to pass.

Why not?

too late

Go buy your fucking condoms at a store or pull out. I'm not paying for you to be a stupid fucking slut. If you want to murder your child go ahead but I'm sure they much rather would have wanted a chance to live

And if your daugther got pregnant, you'd drive her to the abortion clinic yourself. You say you're a pro-lifer, but like all of them, you're a liar.