The strokes

>the strokes

Attached: 1277a7f8c48b4b83a4abb661f7fc30aed94891d5f11f74c1311f1fdac7ee0ce6.jpg (453x439, 85K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/knU9gRUWCno
youtu.be/pT68FS3YbQ4
youtube.com/watch?v=PIrLdiIZGyM
youtube.com/watch?v=dtLCRebMFaQ
youtube.com/watch?v=Ts94kjvYZho
youtube.com/watch?v=Oxp0xGfETeE
youtube.com/watch?v=L3ZMabdnEwc
youtube.com/watch?v=79ldB7ltkYo
youtube.com/watch?v=OqPz7zvPn_I
youtube.com/watch?v=A6fKJbxjEnc
youtube.com/watch?v=oBlLbNVBKCc
youtube.com/watch?v=ARKMS__v51g
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I actually really like their second album

Attached: Room On fire.jpg (1366x768, 221K)

How this band ever managed to be the most critically acclaimed out of all butt rock bands of the 2000s will forever elude me.

Fucking atrocious band. So bright and sunny sounding that it makes me sick.

Shit taste lol.

you just dont understand, their first album was basically ''le teen gud music'' album

Agreed. Some good songs but I feel like so many songs are too similar. Sitting down and listening to Is This It is painful as all the songs sound the same and bleed together horribly.

And honestly garage rock was not the genre revival we needed at the time.

>Radiohead

Attached: ap_867812117784.jpg (900x506, 68K)

wtf you are the fifth tripfag i filter today, what is happening to this board

OK man. Go ahead and try to convince yourself this isn't musical diarrhea

youtu.be/knU9gRUWCno

youtu.be/pT68FS3YbQ4

Someday is good unless you are brain damaged.
You only live once is not even worth a listen.
Stop trying that hard you tripfag, nobody on this board will ever care about your opinion, no matter how hard you try to piss people off.
Or at least wait until summer and you can make some new friends then.

If you like The Strokes or Tame Impala you shouldn't be posting here.

You fuckin meme kids are so fucked in the head it's literally insane.

Buttrock is like Nickelback. Strokes aren't like that. Strokes are like faggot pop rock Bloc Party Helicopter music.

>Someday is good
Holy fucking shit you have a severe mental illness that seriously warrants immediate suicide. The kind of taste you have, the kind of view you have of the world, the way that you process any kind of stimuli, you should kill yourself.

i love them so much

the voidz look like pedos

seriously dude, why do you write something like that? hope you seek help.

>How this band ever managed to be the most critically acclaimed out of all butt rock bands of the 2000s will forever elude me.

>Casablancas was born in New York City to business mogul John Casablancas, the founder of Elite Model Management, and Jeanette Christiansen, a Danish former model and Miss Denmark (1965).
>John Casablancas (December 12, 1942 – July 20, 2013) was an American modeling agent and scout who founded Elite Model Management in 1972.

>Casablancas later returned to New York and attended Dwight School with two other future Strokes, Nick Valensi and Fabrizio Moretti.

Julian's dad had major jew money and showbiz contacts

Is This It is now a modern classic and I like that dadrock faggots will forever be assblasted about it.

The reason why I write something of that degree is because this is the one place I like going on the internet even though I know it's really fucked up. I'm an alcoholic and have tried to seek help many times, groups, therapy, detox, but I can't abide by someone having bad taste. I know good taste is not objective, but I'm going to tell someone if they have shit taste and that's all there is to it. I've been around long enough.

The Strokes are dadrock, bad dadrock

Wealthy families had nothing to do with it, they just did one of the best debut records ever, deal with it

Yes, they are rich and good looking, and you are poor and ugly, it sucks, i know, but being that resentful is not good for you

ok, hope you get better, you are probably not that terrible as to write that kind of shit

nah

Do you faggots like anything?

>The term comes from a nationwide advertising campaign on hard-rock radio stations in the 1990s that used the tagline "Rock. Nothing but Rock." Listeners quickly changed that to "Nothing Butt Rock."

i did not know this

Attached: 1521295331567.jpg (500x880, 134K)

It's a remake of Wire's Pink Flag 30 years too late and minus any of the edge and ambiguity that made it great

what are some better band in the same genre?

Sounds more like Television desu

No, they were quintessential butt rock. How they liberated the greatest 60s-70s rock bands' ethos, edge and debauchery and culminated it into pop-garage rock was a perfect mouse trap for radio stations. In fact, The Strokes were just butt rock for hipsters, precisely. They weren't, for the most part any different than Hoobastank, Nickelback, Three Doors Down, Staind, and others. Feigning bravado "toughness" and invoking shallow emotions through immature lyricism that appealed to both Nickelback fans and hipsters "too good for them," they were commercialized "indie" rock music at its finest. Heck, I'd go as far as to say they were the Black Keys before the Black Keys existed. How do they get the amount of praise they do when there were much better Alternative Rock bands? Mew, The Fall of Troy, Dashboard Confessional, hell, even RHCP, whose By The Way was much better than anything The Strokes ever did? What gives?!

Julian is cute

youtube.com/watch?v=PIrLdiIZGyM

i care about his opinion, stop saying nonsense and defending this fucking embarrassing piece of shit band.

Attached: 1502250578796.jpg (720x481, 35K)

tumblr tier responses, not that expected better from the strokes fans

fuck this is from this year, dude doesn't age

youtube.com/watch?v=dtLCRebMFaQ

Just a couple of reddit faggots who want to have attention. Just filter and move on.

don't u have a wife to beat, dad?

The Strokes are the quintessential reddit band...

19 yrs old, i dont listen to daddy issues faggot music ty.

Attached: DQ4QFR0XcAUmR8j.jpg (225x225, 10K)

who thinks like this?? please get help or something

Reminder that Casablancas is unironically shilling new voidz album here

diagnosis: fragile masculinity, social anxiety, probably depression

i think is this it is an amazing album because it makes me feel good and because i think outside of last night and someday (which i skip when i listen to it) that its really emotionally cohesive while being acceptable to play with others

The Strokes were ever perceived as tough? Really?
I remember thinking they were pussy faggots upon seeing them when I was in my early teens. I'm not some macho fucking alpha but holy shit, how could anyone think the Strokes were tough.
I also want to say that I hate the Black Keys and everything those two faggots have ever done in their lives.

their best live?

youtube.com/watch?v=Ts94kjvYZho

>i'm soysian

Attached: 1520791037745.gif (800x800, 195K)

Already explained to the other guy why I'm kind of fucked up. It will be easy for you to find the post.

no homo but i would let nick valensi do me a handjob

How is what you are claiming making any kind of sense right now. Do you know what you are saying?

>

Attached: 1521156558546.jpg (200x240, 13K)

The Strokes were the first indie soy band along with Death Cab For Cutie...

the strokes more like the suck a lotta dicks

No joking, you wanna talk or something? Not here, but if you need to talk to someone you can count with me, i'm dead serious

Nope youtube.com/watch?v=Oxp0xGfETeE

Seriously that's not a response.

I'm siding with this guy this time. I mean that's just true.

kids now use images to communicate grandpa

No it's ok, don't worry about it. I'm a drunk who has friends and the undying support of my family. You shouldn't waste any time with me, just do your own thing.

I find if I've had a bad day I find talking helps

hahah that's ridiculous how can you not believe that's one of the greatest rock bands ever? haha you guys are weirdos haha

I'm getting tired of this website.

>an image that can only be subjectively interpreted by the view
>no use of written or verbal language
>passing for an acceptable form of communication to convey an idea or opinion of one person to another
The point is if you want to actually make a point you have to articulate it with words you illiterate scumfuck muttbaby.
I get it that the point of the picture is implying that I am unthinking or stupid, but you seriously should learn how to articulate your own opinions.

Jules being the GOAT

youtube.com/watch?v=L3ZMabdnEwc

Then fuck off faggot. Just cause people like shit you don't like or vice versa and that triggers your autism doesn't mean you have to give two weeks notice. This site ia for ahitposting and making links between what you like and what you might.

I've never been happy. I can get by though, I still actually have friends that mean something to me and I mean something to them.
I'm getting to be "all out of talks" with people I don't know.

no one cares about discussing with you, you come across as a miserable person

Attached: 1520242933988.jpg (1139x1091, 172K)

This isn't rock'n'roll or even your faggot idea of rock.
This is literal fucking pansies mincing about playing gay as shit pop music with guitars.

youtube.com/watch?v=79ldB7ltkYo

Julian dancing

Well stop being so earnest over the internet then and expecting people to do the same. If you hate The Strokes that's fine but it doesnt mean some people arnt gonna think those first couple albums are special.

>This is literal fucking pansies mincing about playing gay as shit pop music with guitars.
Did you just describe the Jonas Brothers? Are you actually implying that The Strokes are on the same tier as THE JONAS BROTHERS?!

Beautiful, I knew it was a good choice to come to this thread today. The Strikes is fucking garbage LMAO

You come across as a stupid piece of shit. Seriously the minute you aren't able to talk to someone because it's too unpleasant for you, you are a fucking brainlet pussy. In part because you don't feel like your own ideas are worth expressing if someone else makes you feel uncomfortable.

What an awkward clumsy fuck

>The Strikes
I think someone's had a Stroke. Time to take your glycerin grampa. (More likely teenager who loves lofi hiphop and xxxtentimasian)

>youtube
you love him

I'm literally the guy who responded with pictures and you've been raving like a lunatic at this guy for the last few posts. You sound unhinged. What's wrong user? You hangin in there?

youtube.com/watch?v=OqPz7zvPn_I

Dumbass, my phone autocorrected.

If only it could do the same thing to your shit taste

It's not that I don't want people to like the Strokes if it makes them happy. Everyone should be able to be happy somehow. But if people are going to act like these fags are something special in the realm of actual rock'n'roll I'm going to call them on it.

Wow. So blunt that I could smoke you, yet so weak that I can throw you.

>what's wrong
I've been alcoholic for many years and I'm drunk tonight. When you drink heavily for many years it makes you seem different to people and there's no way to avoid that. I'm being really honest to make other people examine their opinions because I feel like the average person has enough support they don't have to examine their opinions and things they like because it's constantly greeted by this likely fake sense of approval by everyone who wants to keep the cogs turning in the machine of things.

I'm assuming the same guy. Ok fair enough. That's cool honestly. But also honestly I really think those first two albums are great, even amazing. Sure I don't listen to the strokes as much as some people. And I probably listen to more music than the average person who "loves" the strokes. But comparing a band unfavourabley and subjectively to what you perceive to be true will only get you so far. Also getting fired up at people online while drunk is pointless my dude, ive been pickin on you but don't let anons bother you with the bants

They were always a shitty band full of models that came from big money. They were hailed as the second coming when they came out though.

Alright, you are a confirmed cool guy. It's that easy to be cool.
Also I know I have to type this out that I'm being sincere about this, as it's not always easy to gauge emotion or intent from text.

All g bruh, you keep hating those upper class wankers and I'll like them for the both of us. Try Hi Fi Way by You Am I. Australian garage rock n roll from the early 90's

soy

>butt rock
>The Strokes

saving this for future use

I'm going to look them up right now.

now i'm going to sleep thinking about juju casablancas thanks to this post.

thank y'all

The Strokes are so fuckin special

lol

youtube.com/watch?v=A6fKJbxjEnc

youtube.com/watch?v=oBlLbNVBKCc
I'm going to post what an actual rock'n'roll song sounds like. Some of you guys are so fucked with your attitudes that you'd say the Stones are a meme band.
You may not like it, as it goes, but this is what peak performance looks like.

Someone said RANGE?

youtube.com/watch?v=ARKMS__v51g

that's boring gtfooh gramps

You're saying that on purpose, and you're losing.

>if only people cared about my opinion

Attached: 1a5.png (600x720, 51K)

nice samefagging

Probably the best band ever.