Did anyone else cry during the ending scene?

Did anyone else cry during the ending scene?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GTWqwSNQCcg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

No. I did too. Not sure why they had to do that long ass montage about what could have been. Fucked me up pretty bad.

You know what I realized, why I sorta like musicals? They're basically concept albums.

it's really poorly made and casted. but thrives off its premise and intention

Wtf I'm a pussy now

did someone pay you to come here and post about this movie every day?

;_;
youtube.com/watch?v=GTWqwSNQCcg

zero charisma. emma has no elegance. tries to be funny like it's easy A but just comes across inconsistent. neither are good singers or dancers. large middle section where it forgets its a musical. generic piano track with no singing. ham fisted ending.

maybe...

Wtf Gosling achieved his dream and still looks like Gosling? By god my own problems pale in comparison

I feel weird but I agree with you.

So many people saw this as a perfect movie. Maybe I'm just getting too jaded. La La Land is like an 8/10. I thought Whiplash was better.

yes.

>tfw you got tricked into thinking they would stay together

Why did this movie earn a screenplay nomination with Damien credited for it. Afaik he didn't write the songs and if you subtract the songs from the movie you will just have a generic romantic story with a "twist" at the end.

I loved the movie though

No I'm not a faggot. Also this movie was bad wtf are you on about.

>whole movie is about what you're willing to sacrifice for the sake of your dreams
How did you not think that was going to happen?

Why'd he get credited for Whiplash when he wasn't the one drumming in it? Subtract the songs and you just have a generic story of a teacher/coach being too tough on his students.

Yeah, the ending montage got me too. It happens

Not that guy, but you're dumb.

I cried watching it in the theatre, listened to the soundtrack for the first time today and ended up crying again. This movie fucks me up :(

Because it's an emotional movie, and he wasn't analyzing it every minute through.

exactly

Just came from the cinema after watching this.
I felt there was a lull in the film's mid point, and thought immediately that the 5 year time skip would be bullshit until I saw that Mia wasn't actually married to Seb. Then there was the ending scene.

That ending scene is one of the most perfectly crafted and amazing ending pieces I've ever seen. THIS is the reason it got so many oscar noms, despite the rest of the film being excellent as well. I'm an emotional fucking wreck right now.

The film has it's flaws but it was a damn enjoyable ride that I will not forget any time soon.

>zero charisma. emma has no elegance. tries to be funny like it's easy A but just comes across inconsistent. neither are good singers or dancers
She acts the fucking same in everything. I also called this zero charisma because they had none in the other two movies they did. I also agree their singing was bad.

>Being this insecure

What happens during the end scene?

This

>crying to dishonest sentimentality

The end scene had me tearing but not really because of the plot. It was more of the cinematography and music coming together that got me.

This, I think on a cinematography, choreography and musical level the film was amazing, that makes up for any plot deficiencies I think.

Sup Forums is braindead when it comes to that sort of thing. It explains why they love the prequels and Snyder-shit so much.

Wrong

I hate those things and la la land. The cinematography was nothing special

Why do most musicals fall flat in the final act?

Did you really think the Jazzman would have a happy ending? She a bitch senpai plan n simple

No, that's really pathetic.

I really don't get this culture that's been built up where people cry at the tip of a hat. Worse, this kind of showing off attitude surrounding it. I heard this bitch almost boasting about how he cried during the Kubo film when the credits rolled. Yeah, don't boast please.

Anyway, what's there to cry about in the ending? It's bittersweet and that's all there is to it.

i started crying the moment they were back in the restraunt and didnt stop till i was out of the theater.

why so much praise for a 6/10 flick?

>I'm sooooo jaded I give it an 8/10

I haven't seen all of ryan's films but there's seems to be a pattern in his roles, him being a cuck or some other form of emasculated man. I'm surprised he rised to and continues to be the idealized man for so many women after him portraying a half-man for so long.

>the notebook: a cuck, literally
>lars a t r g: man who can't get a gf to save his life
>blue valentine: a cuck raising his wife's son, literally
>drive: again, can't get a gf so try to get it on with a girl with a child, doesn't eve manage to do so
>only god forgives: can't get it up
>la la land: cucked again

i guess its a meme to hate this movie until awards season is done. i thought it was "clever" in the sense that it used the old style musical that isnt common anymore and released it this year. ambitious movie, definitely took balls to make it could have been a disaster halfway through but they pulled it off. chemistry wasnt as good as crazy stupid love. 8.5/10, would have been higher if it wasnt such a art school kid masturbation fest