BREAKING: BORIS BREXIT BACKTRACK

We may not be leaving at all!

BORIS: "The margin of victory was not overwhelming"

mobile.twitter.com/SkyNewsBreak/status/747178341514489856

Other urls found in this thread:

mobile.twitter.com/SkyNewsBreak/status/747178341514489856
bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-eu-referendum-36635273
youtu.be/7IlJgep1bag
change.org/p/boris-johnson-mp-nigel-farage-must-be-involved-in-the-brexit-negotiations-in-brussels?recruiter=109398915&utm_source=share_for_starters&utm_medium=copyLink
change.org/p/boris-johnson-mp-nigel-farage-must-be-involved-in-the-brexit-negotiations-in-brussels
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>democracy
>vote it 10 times until we get the option we want!

totally correct

>BORIS: "The margin of victory was not overwhelming"

isn't that a plainly obvious fact? it was a 4% split.

democracy isn't an even split....

The fact he's saying it though suggests he's not willing to lead us out the EU. Being the British PM to do such is now a poison chalice.

leave won with 52%

Well, there go his chances. If the Tories are dumb enough to give him the PM seat, it'll be a purple landslide with Nige applying Article 50 the very next day.

Taken from a piece he just wrote for the Telegraph, where he made clear we're leaving, hopefully on terms best for all.

He won't win the tory leadership if he doesn't promise to leave, the base is incredibly eurosceptic.

Fucking tosser, why are our politicians such limp wristed cucks

Why are you people surprised? For most of his life he has been an open borders and EU loyalist

He was praying for a narrow loss just for the political capitol, he never actually wanted to get out of the EU

that's good for voting for a party leader, but for the fate of the entire country. You can't say an overwhelming majority wants this.

52% isn't overwhelming in any category.

Hell you could even claim a margin of error, of people that voted the wrong thing by accident, mental illness or whatever else of even 1% would be low balling it, and whatever method of ballet stuffing...

but yeah.

"""""won" """"

Nice source, (((Sky News))).

I-it was just a protest vote bros!

S-see we were just unhappy with being in the EU but we dont actually want to leave because itll bugger our economy, and besides, the people who voted leave are all going to be working class scum and their opinions dont count

The referendum was advisory and not legally binding. Of course, failing to go through with it risks mass defections to UKIP from Tories and a general "purple surge". Very tricky politics.

Good goys. Proud of ya.
t. Merkel (and the kike overlords)

And if it had gone the other way, you and all the Remain subhumans would be dubbing it the most spectacular victory of all times.

Eat shit, nigger.

>mobile.twitter.com/SkyNewsBreak/status/747178341514489856
You Islanders are total fags.
We Mountain jews decided to break our ties with EU with a .34 basis points margin.

700k to 1 million votes more isn't margin of error.

Over a million votes
>accident

but hes not ukip leader.

well he is slated tomorrow to come out infavour of a trade agreement whereby we accept free movement again. He said 'I do not accept that immigration was the prime motivation for Briis to vote leave'.

What a fucking coward!

> Leading 'out' campaigner Boris Johnson says the margin by which the UK voted to leave the European Union was "not entirely overwhelming"

Wow, a direct quote that was a plain fact. Breaking news.

I want some more breaking news. What did Boris have for dinner tonight?

If it had gone the other way, would a recount have been done?

No.

So shut the fuck up and deal with it.

yes FPTP is stupid, democracy in general is a dumb fucking way of making decisions

but thats not what you are upset about you leftist faggot, you have no fundamental problem with 52% bossing the country around, just this outcome

Does this mean Nigel will be the next PM instead of this fat awkward tosser?

the thing is it's about changing a policy, to deny it is easy, to over turn it should be hard, the initial set up came fro a LONG time of negotiating, this is almost a snap turn vote.

it seems just retarded, like if you can get 51% of a country to vote to change it's name to BONERLAND it should happen, regardless that 49% don't want it.

>Daily reminder that there will be a general election this autumn resulting in a Labour/SNP coalition which will cancel out the referendum result

Personally I never really liked Boris, he seems like a fun chap but he's so flippy floppy on his stances. Plus

>Tories
>Acting like actual conservatives.

>like if you can get 51% of a country to vote to change it's name to BONERLAND it should happen, regardless that 49% don't want it.

That's called democracy. If you don't like it, move to North Korea.

Fucking delusional cuck pretends he doesn't know what "margin of error" is. Why would the people would vote to Leave by accident? How come no Remainers were confused or mentally ill? Retarded arguments.

You forgot the lib dems, it's okay, no-one remembers them.

bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-eu-referendum-36635273

YOU VOTE THE WAY WE TELL YOU TO VOTE

good god you can't be that stupid

with forecasting skills like these you must put all your savings in powerball tickets

mental illness affects only .000001% of people including dyslexia and schizophrenia, but yeah accurate

Britain needs to make this guy the new PM.

He seems committed to "leave", and he btfo of this liberal interviewer

youtu.be/7IlJgep1bag

Haha.

well the vote is to destroy previous law. it should be harder to repeal a law then sustain it.

Shut up pro-EU shill.

Boris has penned a Telegraph article with the clear intention of leaving.

Um.....are the UK retarded?

Wait, has Australia and UK not figured out..?

WHAT

TRADE WITH US. RIGHT NOW. WHAT THE FUCK. THERE IS A MASSIVE ADVANTAGE WITHIN YOUR OWN COMMONWEALTH.

WHAT THE FUCK.

in a court that wouldn't be allowed to pass a judgement.... leftism you know... but 52% is as split as can be

In full context:

>I believe that millions of people who voted Leave were also inspired by the belief that Britain is a great country, and that outside the job-destroying coils of EU bureaucracy we can survive and thrive as never before. I think that they are right in their analysis, and right in their choice. And yet we who agreed with this majority verdict must accept that it was not entirely overwhelming.

>There were more than 16 million who wanted to remain. They are our neighbours, brothers and sisters who did what they passionately believe was right. In a democracy majorities may decide but everyone is of equal value. We who are part of this narrow majority must do everything we can to reassure the Remainers. We must reach out, we must heal, we must build bridges – because it is clear that some have feelings of dismay, and of loss, and confusion.

That's how democracy works, buddy. Don't like it?

Politicians are meant to serve the public. Not rule them. They must respect the will of the people. Even if it means changing the name of the country.

50.000001% is the majority.

What the fuck is this shit?

Does it mean we won't be fucking leaving for good?

Do I STILL need to high tail it to Oz/Zealand?

Why?

He wouldn't need a party.

Nige would win by himself. The nige party.

This reasoning doesn't fly. The rules were set, one side clearly one. It wasn't a tie, for fuck's sake.

All this talk of needing 65%+ or "old people shouldn't vote" is nothing but nonsense. If you they had set rules beforehand that called for certain quotas to be met, fine. That's not what happened.

Deal with it.

like al gore and bush vote?

yeah, that's what happens in teh split votes m8.

but this isn't an even choice, there is an existing status quo, this is over turning an existing law, not establishing between two choices evenly.

I don't even care or really know the full implicating either way, but 52% wouldn't pass in canada if quebec wanted to separate or to legalize pot because it's going against a status quo, not an even choice.

To be honest, he should make a new party, UKIP has a lot of negativity and it seems like every member of it is trying to bring Nigel down. It's like every week we hear a new story of some member saying something that upsets everyone or is involved in a scandal.

I didnt expect to win anyway.
Still if he doesnt the Queen will fuck with Parliament and choose someone who will go with brexit.
Millennials will then cry about old white people all over again.

When are they going to nationalize our steel?
With trade and a weaker pound and struggling industry now seems like a good time, especially since Wales voted Brexit.

Refer to:
It doesn't matter what would happen in Quebec. The rules were set before the referendum took place. People who educated themselves knew what was about to happen.

The lefties need to deal with the consequences of their (in)actions.

Relax. Yes, the Empire - I mean Commonwealth is of course the natural trade group moving forward.

Just one little thing - Turnbull seems to hate poms, or is it just the Queen?

We repealed the law banning gay marriage. Would you have like to make that harder?

What about repealling the ban on weed? Make it harder to legalize weed?

Are you retarded? Do you hate democracy?

>Leaving the EU allows U.K. to open up thier country to free trade with countries outside of Europe. (Asia, Africa)

>Liberals think this is xenophobic and racist

Dont forget to put more bases in Japan and Korea now things are heating up. Then with our anglo union we shall uplift them from honourary aryian to honourary anglo. Japs like tea, have a constitutional monarchy, focused on manners, had an empire, and are an island people. The Britain of the orient.

The law for gay marriage got repealed just showing how changing laws is harder. 52% to change the status quo isn't really good enough. you could do the vote 10 times and the numbers would change.

It would just be Veritas all over again

pathetic

totally predicted this betrayal

weed?

So you tell me what is needed to change the status quo.

Muh bigger world, muh union, union means unity so only bigots hate unions!

Who cares about democracy or working-class, my gap year is now mildly inconvenienced, I'm going to call you racist and fascisr until you do only what I agree with!

we've had an over 50% popularity to change the weed law for a while, but haven't seen the ban changed, have we.

This is more like the quebec separation law then it is a popularity vote though. no one understands context.

to convit a single person of murder you need an unanimous vote. to vote for a popularity vote you need majority like a party leader or to pass a law, but to repeal a law you need an overwhelming, where it's not going to be a different outcome if you redid the vote. a simple majority isn't going to do. 50.01%

>The lefties need to deal with the consequences of their (in)actions.
The only consequence will be inaction of Tories as in none of them wants to be the PM responsible for leaving EU. Snap elections are incoming and unless Leaver parties win by high margin Brexit is not happening.

Sorry, but to make such important decision for the country 52% for doesn't cut it - the society is too divided and it would break country apart and no politician on any side has balls to do it.

And Nigel is unlikely to win elections high enough.

Lord KEK will save us.

aaand the backpedaling has begun

And if quebec seperation won by 50.0001% back in 1995. Quebec would be it's own country today.

It'd be a pretty shitty country desu, but at least you Canucks wouldn't be forced to speak French.

Well, since its purpose was for getting the UK out of the EU, it should disband anyway. It has served its intended function.

Is this Sup Forums coming to terms with the fact that right-wing populists like Boris are utter and total con-artists lying through their teeth for their own political career?

Hilarious.

True but don't forge the referendum was never legally binding either. Everyone knew that before the vote.

Look at how terrible democracy works for Switzerland! That place is an absolute shithole, guys. Who the fuck would want to be like the Swiss?

It was stated before hand if it won by 51% they wouldn't allow them t leave.

Because fuck self-determination. Who the fuck needs the consent of the governed?

Queen Elizabeth should be put in charge.
British Politicians obviously can't handle it.

>the margin wasn't overwhelming
>better side with the minority just to be safe

> self-determination
> legal entity that has not self
what the fuck you talking about even?
context.

to convict a person of you need an unanimous vote. to vote for a popularity vote you need majority like a party leader or to pass a law, but to repeal a law you need an overwhelming, where it's not going to be a different outcome if you redid the vote. a simple majority isn't going to do. 50.01%

populism is idiotic and only attract idiots, they'll never figure out anything

Not without a fucking fight

How the fuck do kikes live with themselves?

SIGN THIS ALL OF YOU THEYRE TRYING TO FUCK US AND PLAN WITHOUT ARE NIGE

sign it and spread it errywhere

change.org/p/boris-johnson-mp-nigel-farage-must-be-involved-in-the-brexit-negotiations-in-brussels?recruiter=109398915&utm_source=share_for_starters&utm_medium=copyLink

Back it up with a source.

Can't find anything on the internet that says the seperation from Canada needed more than 51% to pass.

You sound like the rest of the leftist cunts I have on facebook. We are going to be remembered as the 'Entitled Generation' and I am fucking ashamed of it.

I read it in a newspaper, that was like a decade ago... it never happened either but in the context it makes sense, sorry if you don't understand the difference of a repeal and a popularity vote.

Why should Farage be involved?

He's just a fanboy's wet dream, he's not even democratically elected.

yeah, but is it less entitled to leave the EU because of fear of your jobs and payment to germany or whatever? that's saying you're entitled to britain, but it's in favour by the older britian not the younger.

so what you're talking about is entitled means that this has anything to do with social policy at all?

Nigel isn't even a politician m8. One of the reasons why shit's mad. UKIP didn't even have a contingency plan for Independence haha. Still worth it.

Signed.

change.org/p/boris-johnson-mp-nigel-farage-must-be-involved-in-the-brexit-negotiations-in-brussels

Get this signed lads. The Conservatives care more about their popularity than our interests. They are clearly forming a fifth column against all us patriotic Britons, and they can't be trusted to ensure our post-Brexit demands are met. We have won the battle, but the war has just begun.
Our next aim should be to get Farage the platform he needs to speak for us. Boris will only go so far. Let's get the representation we deserve, and let's get Nigel the recognition he deserves. Our independent future will not be truly secure until we do.
Sign this petition, share it.
Join UKIP, vote UKIP in the next elections.
With Labour in turmoil and the Tories divided over the Brexit issue, it's the perfect time for UKIP's ranks to swell.

she could dissolve parliament

You're full of it, buddy!

There was no legal binding in the referendum stating Quebec needed more than 51% to seperate from Canada.

The "stay" side won by 50.58% in 1995. Which is democracy at work, but in your eyes, isn't good enough.

Hey Britbro, you do realise we're not in the EU either, right?

He's fucking bottled it, good job pissing off over hlaf the country. Major civil unrest incoming

Never considered this but it might also be the british influence.

Either way yellow man welcome home

TAKE ME IN OH TENDER WOMAN

Well shit. Boris was my main reason for supporting leave. This sucks. I like Farage, but he doesn't have Boris' cult of personality. Did he really just do a 180?

democracy works for popularity votes, but to overturn laws should be more then a 50.58%

the effort to make a law is much higher then it is to repeal it. that's the context.

You seem to have this misguided idea that repealing laws is easier than creating them.

Can you give me an example?

The government here in Canada is having a difficult time repealing the ban on weed, but seemed to have no problem pushing out the new assisted dying bill.

Not happening as long as NatSoc Corbster is leader