GAS - Rausch

Official Rausch thread.

Excited bros?

Did ya even like Narkopop?

Attached: kompaktcd145-rausch.jpg (328x328, 57K)

Other urls found in this thread:

rateyourmusic.com/release/album/pole/cd-1/
youtube.com/watch?v=eO3Qmr-LMQo
youtube.com/watch?v=_Ru4Py-QJPE
youtube.com/watch?v=lpPfm1lq7eE
kompakt.fm/releases/rausch
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Gas the Kikes
Race War Now

Voight side-project??

I did like Narkopop and I am looking forward to this. The only thing I sort of didn't like about Narkopop was that the drum was so muffled and rigid until the final track. In Rausch it's more up front and has a groove like Konigsforst, which is exactly what I want.

I've heard it and can confirm it is way better than Narkopop (which I loved)

You've heard IT or the samples?

I got a press copy of it and listened this morning (I live in the UK)

Just as proof, this is the stream

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-03-22 at 22.42.58.png (2530x1210, 2.98M)

Aw man I'm so jealous.

Yeah I guess I'll ask - can you upload it? I can't wait to hear it. Hearing the news of the new album really made my week. I'm a huge GAS fan.

Honestly mate, I would love to. But I would get fired... I am sure that someone else will leak it soon
But, it really will be worth the wait

I understand man, expected that. I'm sure you're right...just hate knowing I have to wait that long.

Ah well, cheers.

Anyway, how does it hold up in the discography in general?

Cheers mate haha

It is more like his old stuff - I saw someone else say it but, it is more like Köningsforst groove wise. Definitely a return to the 90s stuff. However there is a lot of interesting, unexpected uses of hi-hats throughout. And some really heavy bits which were really cool. Need to have more listens to it though!

Good shit. The samples did sound reminiscent of Köningsforst.

Can't wait for that GAS magic, can't seem to find any more music that invokes the same emotion.

There is nothing like GAS but, I can recommend:
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/pole/cd-1/

And stuff like Basic Channel, Pan Sonic etc

Explored all those. Very big Pan Sonic fan - might return to Basic Channel soon. Pole didn't do much if I recall, but I might go back to it someday. Took fucking forever to find a link to a Pole album though.

Cheers

Fair enough!
Didn't mean to patronise mate haha

haha you're good bro - I didn't think you came off as patronising at all.

hard to convey emotions through these posts eh.

Favorite GAS album? Also if you're inclined, how would you rank Rausch?

It sounds like it makes use of some of his older music like youtube.com/watch?v=eO3Qmr-LMQo

Super fucking jelly. How do you like it compared to his other albums?

Thank you for this user, I really can't wait

Attached: 1520516309706.gif (296x418, 1.42M)

Cheers boss, you too haha

Fave Gas album is a tie between Zauberberg and Köningsforst...

For me my ranking would be Zaubeberg = Köningsforst > Rausch (Just because of the hype) > Pop > Narkopop

What about you?

I think it really stands up to them. I really loved Narkopop but thought it was a definite decline in quality - you can't stay good forever etc.

But I'm finding that listening to Rausch is like hearing those 90s albums again

Have you listened to Mika Vainio / O?

It is gonna be worth the wait mate!

Inb4 melon gives it a 1.

fucking sick. The next two months or so are gonna be a nightmare of a wait tho lol. I can't really rank any of the albums in order because I fucking love them all but I'm super excited to hear a change from narkopop

Even if you don't like Narkopop as much as his previous records giving it a 2/10 is just absurd. Probably his worst review to date.

I totally understand why you can't rank them ha

If you haven't yet, check this track out. It's my favorite track by him.

youtube.com/watch?v=_Ru4Py-QJPE

Fantastic. Pretty much the same as me if I HAD to rank. But GAS is probably the hardest artist for me to choose a favorite album...

Favorite tracks off each:
Self-Titled: 2
Zauberberg: 1, 2, 3, 7
Konisforst: 1, 2, 5, 7(bonus track)
Pop: 1, 2, 4
Narkopop: 2, 3, 5, 10

Absolute favorites:
Zauberberg 1, 2, 7
Konigsforst 1, 5
Pop 4

Will listen now mate, I am astounded by how much Voigt has produced

I think I might have heard a track or two.

Any album recs?

That is a pretty extensive list haha
I have to agree with everything here though

youtube.com/watch?v=lpPfm1lq7eE

You should check out this if you haven't.. Some of the greatest heads in electronic here

This might be obvious but have you listened to much of his other music? Most of it's quite different from Gas but his album GAS (the 2008 one, not released under the name Gas) and the Ruckverzauberung series (especially 4, 6, 10, and the live album) are sort of in the same space. Honestly most of Narkopop sounds like more of a Ruckverz. album than a Gas one.

If you're a Pan Sonic fan I'd recommend checking out all his stuff, but here are some starters.

>More on the ambient/dark ambient side...
Mika Vainio - Onko
Mika Vainio - Kajo
Mika Vainio - Fe3O4 - Magnetite
O - Heijastuva

>More like Pan Sonic
Mika Vainio - Kilo
O - Oleva
O - Olento

>Techno
O - Aste

o shit Mika did shit with Ikeda and Noto.

I bet I'm gonna love this.

I actually never really bothered with his aliases - I'll give em a shot. thanks brother

I adore Pan Sonic. I'll check these out - thanks man

What a wholesome thread guys, I even forgot I was on Sup Forums for a sec.
I've just recently listened to him for the first time and I've already downloaded his full discography.
Reading Berserk's "fight interlude scenes" with him as soundtrack is quite awe-inspiring. This guy's body of work truly has a magical wild fantasy aesthetic to it I would say.

Yeah GAS fans tend to be a pretty chill bunch t b h

Loveliest thread in recent Sup Forums history confirmed

bam

Trying to into gas fellas, were should I start?

where do you guys get this fucking music, it's impossible to find and i'd like to download a copy as i'm not into streaming

Pop

I don't know why people hate on Narkopop

It was my GOTY 2017 in front of Flower Boy

Zauberberg or Königsforst

i don't think it's a good general gateway into his aesthetic imo.

who really hates on Narkopop besides Fantano?

Everyone gets mad at DAMN getting a 7/10 but Narkopop getting a 2/10 is fine

Hm, okay then

You should know that gas is something that you listen to multiple times. I personally would recommend Konigsforst and then Zauberberg and then Pop. If you have dude weed lmao, listen to this in a dark room then.

If anyone is just finding the wait daunting - you can hear samples of each song here.

kompakt.fm/releases/rausch

I apologize in advance if I've otherwise tempted people who want a fresh listen upon its actual release...but I also know many of us need a fucking taste.

I can wait user, just like I won't listen to any of the new Jon Hopkins tracks until the album comes out

this daysue

Has it leaked?

Whoa this is amazing. Is there a Voigt chart?

Not that we're aware

also

Anyone have a good link to Kompakt's discography for download? Loving the Total albums.

get pumped f a m. don't understand why more people aren't commenting

like seriously, ANOTHER new Gas album just after a year and after a 17 year hiatus as well?

how could we be so blessed? don't tell me this didn't brighten your week

>don't understand why more people aren't commenting
Most people aren't into music this repetitive and ambient and it's no different for Sup Forumstants.
Ambient threads never last long here.