The Secret Life of Walter Mitty

What did Ben Stiller hope to achieve with this film?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=12NgGhFPiik
twitter.com/AnonBabble

that he wasnt a comedian i guess

no idea, but movie was comfy

Same thing all jews want to achieve with shit movies...

Inspire you to quit your job and climb a mountain

which is..?

Feels.

top film

a jewish masturbatory midlife crisis feel good eat pray love for men

he succeeded

Making me cry

Follow your dreams?

>"when are you gonna take the picture?"
>"…sometimes I don't."
I won't lie, it hit me in the feels. Very good and rewatchable movie.

> (OP)
>good eat pray love for men
This

Yeah sure it's an emotive idea, but aren't you detached from this emotion by the movie's total distaste for everyday life? Obviously self-determination is important spiritually but this movie really seems to suggest that modern life and spirituality are incompatible.

Also, kind of seemed like it was a mundane rich asshole talking about taking a hike as if he fucking invented it, don't you think?

I think you're reading way too much into it. I don't think the movie is trying to say that you should be climbing a new mountain or visiting a new country every single day. It's saying that you should date to do the things you want to do. Sprinkle in some special days within your normal routine.

Dare*

>Woah this totally isn't Forest Gump guys!
>Please watch my movie!

>eat pray love for men

Astute observation user

It should only give you "feels" if you're also a washed up Jew going through a midlife crisis.

Pretty much. It wasn't anything special, but fuck if it didn't make me smile.

>Walter skating in Iceland to Junip
>playing football with the lads in the Himalayas
It made my daydreams more interesting for a while. The soundtrack was nice, too.

>Woah this totally isn't Forest Gump guys!

You're right. It's literally nothing like foresst gump.

>eat pray love for men
fucking nailed it

>Modern life and spirituality aren't really compatible
For the majority of people this is entirely true, and most people aren't really living, just existing.

Yes I'm going to throw some hippy faggot metaphors at you. You know what, curb the spiritual side of things too. Most people never actually pursued what made them happy in life, or even gained an inkling of what that is, and that's not fucking living.

I think the intended message was go find something that makes you want to be alive,rather than just living.

The film was really beautiful in the landscape shots and whatnot, but looking back all the daydreaming stuff is so at odds with the rest of it, there's like 2-3 at the beginning then it just transitions into a "I'm going to find mysefl!" movie.

Should have either ditched it all or had a few more sprinkled throughout later.

Did anyone even care enough to shit on this movie? It sort of just came and went. I liked it though.

Nice soundtrack and very comfy settings. It's alright.

Make me faggot

It's pretty meh at what it's trying to do, getting a message across, but pretty decent just for comfy factor. I liked it even if it came off horribly contrived at some places.

Perhaps the least pretentious Penn has ever been in a movie

THIS

Try to watch without laught

He thought he could win an Oscar

youtube.com/watch?v=12NgGhFPiik