What's his best non-ambient album?

what's his best non-ambient album?

Attached: ENO.jpg (1200x675, 166K)

sweet vaginas goes to china

sour penises going to japan

I mean most of his art rock albums still have a couple ambient tracks on them. I'd say Another Green World is his best overall, but if you want the best album with zero ambient music, it's Here Comes the Warm Jets.

before & afterscience,
his ambient really uninteresting . other far superior btw

here come the warm jets is the greatest album of all time, if not at least the greatest thing released by him

Brian Eno is only good as a producer, he's mediocre as a musician. Not just his ambient work his art rock albums are nothing special either.

post your favorite album if you're gonna talk that kinda shit

i second this he's got some top-notch shit and plenty of amazing musicians agree with me

I thought about this line a lot last night

the point of ambient music is to kinda not grab your attention. Have you listened to Ambient 4: On Land and Apollo Soundtracks?

I just picked up a remastered CD of his first collab with David Byrne (so idk if it counts exactly) but it fuckin rocks, especially the remaster, it's a world of difference. Would potentially be the best if he hadn't made Another Green World.

Attached: R-27566-1476737541-9778.jpeg.jpg (600x600, 98K)

the point of ambient music is whatever i want it to be, for me that sounds like an excuse for mediocrity.

If ya don't like ambient, why do you come to every thread and decry it as mediocre? That's pathological. Did your ex like it?

i do, but not his. their refinement of the decline is my fav

So you came to an Eno thread to shit on his ambient? And attempt to invalidate someone else's appreciation of it?

no, op was asking about his non-ambient.

No one else, huh?

Attached: 220px-Tigermountaineno.jpg (220x220, 22K)

Yes but you replied to someone to trash their reason for liking ambient

this is like saying bach sucks cause he didn't sound like beethoven? Although I prefer Eno myself, he didn't have any ambient contemporaries to draw upon or compare himself to when developing his music. Stars of the Lid had years of ambient to draw upon to make a more refined product. Ambient is literally "background", or kind of not to be noticed-- stars of the lid are more minimalist or drone in the way that they still try to take your attention.

first response was about sweet vagina everyone loves taking tiger mountain

Attached: 1517779570866.jpg (474x595, 30K)

they replied to me, with a statement that somewhat bothers me
>he didn't have any ambient contemporaries to draw upon or compare himself to when developing his music
that doesn't mean anything to me as a listener, in 2018
>Ambient is literally "background", or kind of not to be noticed
not ideally.

Liar

He's not a super skilled musician like Fripp, but he's a top-tier artist. He could play piano really well and all his musician friends were very good, and so his music turned out fantastic despite his shortcomings. He's definitely not a mediocre musician (makes me wonder how much music you've actually heard), but he is very humble about his technical ability. He had a lot of incredible ideas which he executed well.

>he didn't have any ambient contemporaries to draw upon or compare himself to
I agree with what you're arguing but this isn't true, kraut rockers were doing ambient at the same time and he even worked with some of them (Cluster). Also some minimalists were moving towards the ambient aesthetic which informed Eno's music (La Monte Young for example).

what do u mean

>that doesn't mean anything to me as a listener, in 2018
What a fucking ignorant thing to say. Go ahead and consume music with zero respect for the context or climate it was created in, you're literally no better than the people who eat up whatever is popular. Music doesn't exist in a vacuum.

here comes the warm jets

>doesn't mean anything to me as a listener
ig historical context is out the window now, boys!
>not ideally.
yeah well tell that to the dictionary and to pretty much every educated ambient artist. you're mislabelling your preferences if you say you like ambient but don't like when the ambient is ambient.

You know exactly what I mean, you're a fraud

it exists in my hd

The krautrockers incidentally made ambient-like music, but it lacked the clear artistic intention Eno was working with when he labelled it as ambient. Otherwise you're definitely right

same actually o_0

i really don't
i just don't see why i would willingly listen to mediocrity when i know there;s better
if i'm some fucking nerd music critic or something i guess i should.

It might be in your taste, but his ambient is in no way mediocre, you've clearly only listened to Ambient 1 or something. Haven't you heard An Ending (Ascent) or really anythign from any later release?

>An Ending (Ascent)
fucking based. I always loved this track, then when I saw 28 Days Later and it was used in the scene with the horses, I realized it was the music of god himself.

yea not like it's terrible, just not something i'd go back to

there you go. it's not mediocre, it's just not the type of music you need in your life

Another Green World is the best album full stop

they use it in the hiroshima exhibit at the pearl harbor museum too, it's 100% god-tier

OP this is the answer

Attached: R-116525-1323071050.jpeg.jpg (600x600, 82K)

Attached: 1509206989471.jpg (529x609, 90K)

Attached: chuckberry_lookingfunny.jpg (214x317, 16K)