That fucking does it -- that's the last goddamn straw. I'm done letting stuff waste away, letting myself slip on by...

That fucking does it -- that's the last goddamn straw. I'm done letting stuff waste away, letting myself slip on by. I'm doing well, but I can do better, and this film woke me the hell up.

There's a whole world out there just waiting to be engaged with. Beautiful people, wonderful places, love to be made. I'm going to start committing myself, taking ownership of my life. When I'm lying in that white bed, thinking back to every moment that passed, all the decisions I made, I'm going to smile real fuckin' wide when I remember the day I decided that good enough wasn't enough. I do have a dream and I will bring it to life.

I'm one of the fools who dream.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/-NybVs2ikl8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

No you're not

Quitter.

i fucking hate ryan gosling
he's such an unlikeable douchey smug assface in every movie he's in

he has literally ONE expression, it's "look at me, i'm ryan gosling, famous 'actor'". that's it. fuck this talentless pile of hollywood garbage

It's ok to be jelly user

>waaah how dare you criticize this terrible farce of an actor, y-y-you must be jelly..........

Have you seen Blue Valentine? He was really great in that.

>Here's to the ones who meme
>Foolish as they may seem

>Here's to the feels that ache
>Here's to macros we make

>tfw after this movie I realized I don't have any dream to accomplish

reddit

youtu.be/-NybVs2ikl8

Nice blog, faggot. All the films you can roleplay, you chose the yuppie advertisement.

Is this what Autism sounds like?

Not sure, why don't you record yourself so we can know :^)

>movie where characters do things just by happenstance and luck, because the writer is too retarded to write anything that doesn't rely on/require a fuck ton of plot conveniences
>motivates someone to change their life

:^)

People call this film dishonest because it cons people into idealistic dreams that will never pan out. Mia and Seb succeeded because they got lucky. You won't. I'm not saying you shouldn't work hard, or that you should give up whatever dreams you might have, but it would be incredibly foolish to let a film like this one inspire you.

>if I'm more cynical I'm superior to them
LMAOing at your whole shit

See ya here tomorrow OP...

See you tomorrow

S-S-SEE YOU TOMOORRROOW HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHUHEHUGEUGEHUEGUGEUHHEUGEUHEUGUHEUGEUHEUGUEHHUEGUHE

Good luck, OP.

You'll need it

mhm, i get that from him as well, i feel like if you've watched Drive you've seen the extent of his acting abilities.

This may be bait but I agree with you OP. That ending only gave me hope and determination to get what I want

dishonest shitposting imo

but if ur not shitposting than god bless

Lie Lie Land is a live-action Disney movie. Except Disney movies have better soundtracks, characters, and the struggles faced by those characters aren't fucking retarded. Hollywood hasn't put out a movie this self-masturbatory since The Artist. It is honestly unbelievable how shallow this garbage is.

>dude just follow ur dreams no matter how delusional

The movie justifies this idiotic moral by having the characters achieve their insipid dreams through luck and happenstance rather than hard work. Mia shits out a single one-woman show and does one performance of it; of the 8 people in the crowd, one is a casting agent who falls in love with her and delivers her an A-list acting career on a silver platter. Seb's friend bumps into him, and immediately offers him a job. Following that, despite the decline of jazz in LA and having no experience running a business, Seb ends up owning a hugely successful jazz club. I am sure it is very easy to romanticize succeeding in Hollywood through dumb luck when the people making the film did just that.Many of the scenes in the film were homages, but it doesn't justify them. The overlong scenes of Seb and Mia dancing against romantic backgrounds get old very quickly, and just hammer home the fact that there is no substance to this film. It is also surprising that the relationship at the core of this film only came about due to coincidence; these two run into each other 3 times for no reason other than convenience for the writer.

Chazelle obviously has the self-awareness to realize how saccharine and empty the movie was. In order to make it seem like something other than a sugary bowl of sunshine, he attempts to give it a "bittersweet" ending, but he even fails here -- both characters get everything they wanted out of life.

>b-but they don't end up together, they were meant for each other

You have to be a teen girl to even consider this line of thinking.
3.5/10 - at least it looked good

Actually its more optimistic. Did you not see how many times both were shot down in their path to success? Mia's was more unrealistic with her play somehow garnering a top casting director but Seb already had success he was just getting it back. His was more believable in they sense

kys moron

many a movie made me feel the same way but I still here.

>that picture
Top kek, 10/10

So does Emma Stone, she acts like Emma Stone in everything.