Flick is set in Ancient Greece/Rome

>flick is set in Ancient Greece/Rome
>everybody has a weird pseudo-British accent

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sino-Vietnamese_War
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>m-mummy w-why aren't they speaking american?

More like why don't they have Greek/Italian accents you knob.

Because most of these films are made by British or American companies and a English accent is easier to understand and can sound imperious, would you rather they speak in the original Latin as well.

>would you rather they speak in the original Latin as well.

that would be kino

Mel Gibson showed us it's possible to do this and be kino.

Of course I would, you fucking plebeian kike faggot!

I don't know how having accents when they don't even speak the language they spoke would contribute to the experience in any way. That's so fucking dumb.
This hyperbolic suggestion makes more sense. If it could be done decently, it would be great.

It's funny how in 300 the Greeks are White as snow Scot's but the Persians are Black & Arab

In reality the Persians were Whiter at the time

Not merican but the irony is that merica is I WANNA BE ROME TOO

You know the senate,fasces,muh fucking republic death to tyrants, neo classicism etc

Persians were never white. They look like Pakis now and they did back then. Leonidas did nothing wrong.

>ITALIAN
>ROMAN

THIS IS WHAT LOMBARDS ACTUALLY BELIEVE

They practically are the only national entity to ever match the roman empire.
The primary accomplishment of Rome is its cultural domination.
America well and truly dominates the entire world culturally.
Whether or not they have the same longevity remains to be seen, but change occurs in less time these days, so that needs to be taken into account.

>movie set in ancient greece
>no homosex

>They practically are the only national entity to ever match the roman empire.

EY WADDYA TALKIN BOUT GABAGOOL AND PARCHEESI MADON WHERES THE PISCHADOO

>The primary accomplishment of Rome is its cultural domination
I'd say Britain and France win then purely by spreading their languages like a virulent plague

This is why i liked the Warcraft movie

No forced British accents, American actors were speaking like Americans for once.

>barbarian characters speak to each other
>use accented English, no prepositions

Austrians dominating the Holy Roman Empire made more sense though

The orcs spoke with negro accent

What did they mean by this?

>Holy
>Roman
>Empire
pick 0

Well meme'd

Austriae est imperare orbi universoc

Also can't forget making the Papal States their satellites

Britain came really damn close, and America's influence is riding off Britain's success a lot, but Britain never matched the relative power of Rome or the USA.

Most of the English spread is a result of American influence rather than British.
And the French spreading of their language was simply gang bosses in african colonies needing to know a couple of french words to offer their daughters to the french colonial officers and beg for favours in return.
And as generations passed you ended up with the 0.002% educated 'elite' in these shitholes that represent 100% of the literate community, and speaking french they baselessly claimed that the other 50 million peasants in their country also speak french.

The Holy Roman Empire never came close to matching the influence of the Romans. And Austria's domination of the Empire was slow and subverted for the most part. And even at their height they were a mere rival for other continental powers. Not even as relevant as the successor states of the classical period, let alone Rome.

>flick is set in Ancient Greece/Rome
>everybody has a weird pseudo-British accent
The reason for that isn't the accent. Britain is just the only place in the world where you can get decent actors with teeth resembling those of pre-modern people.

>Most of the English spread is a result of American influence rather than British.
So when did America colonize Africa and Asia? Fucking dickhead, top yourself

Britain held a much greater degree of power than the USA during its peak. Britain literally had two wars with fucking China to force them to legalise opium, as well as controlling the most amount of land in the whole of human history. Parliamentary democracy is only a commonplace governmental system today because of British influence.

>Most of the English spread is a result of American influence rather than British.
What did he mean by this? English achieved lingua franca status because of the British domination of the markets, as well as through its colonisation of large territories and imposition of colonial governments + diplomacy with other nations.

I will never forgive Thatcher for giving away our jewel Hong Kong.

It's either she gives it away or the chinks invade and reduce it to rubble

Those examples literally go against your argument.
Adoption of the English language in Africa was extremely minimal, and most British presence in Asia was concentrated in important ports, in which English came to be spoken by a few of the natives but at large were integrated not at all and used only to manage colonial efforts.
India, obviously the most important British colonial holding, as well as one of the longest in Asia, serves as a contrary example for despite the resources Britain poured into it, even today it refuses Anglo influence far more strongly than nations which never felt the brush of the British Empire.

What matters is these countries speaking the language of Americans, dressing like Americans and developing a deep knowledge of the cultures and customs of Americans.

Your upper class native Rhodesian would know nothing about English history. But your unwashed chinese factory worker probably watched the latest captain america film.

Those maoist shit heads would not dare, they got bitch slapped by Vietnam
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sino-Vietnamese_War

Unlike them we showed them how it's done during the Malayan Emergence on top of that we can always count on straya.

modern American is more similar to the English that was spoken back then, England english mutated more

source: I once read it in a book, anybody please ocnfirm with a real source or discredit my post with a real source, thanks (until that my post is to be considered as fact)

Ours is the only accent people naturally associate with that kind of power and refinement. Can you imagine if they used disgusting mushmouthed yank idiot accents? Every film about Romans would be lowbrow comedy.

>not wanting Joe Pesci play some Roman Senator

I mean come on user do you not have a sense of humor?

>we can always count on straya.
>citing vietnam not realizing the irony.
Only we stood with America after France's greed waned as they were distracted.
Our mother nation is a relic of no real importance to either of us anymore.

>not wanting to kill chicoms in glorious cold war britshit engineering

You're comparing Britain to the Roman Empire. The cultural legacy of the Roman Empire wasn't its pop culture trash. The commoners who lived in the Roman Empire - outside of Rome - didn't speak Latin, not even in Jesus' day at the height of Roman influence in Palestine.
The legacy of Rome was its widespread influence on the political systems, judicial systems and philosophies of nations that came under its flag and came into contact with it. The Byzantines spoke Greek and had strong cultural differentiations from the Westerners, but the influence of Rome on their power structure was incomparable.

An upper class Rhodesian (a supremely ignorant one, in this example) would not know English history, but his life would be wholly defined by the power structures, economic planning and social systems that were imposed and flourished by British influence. A Chinese worker knows even less about Britain, but the history and politics of his country that led to the conditions he now lives in was forged more by British actions than American, even though he ingests more American media than British.

Why were our designs so dank during the cold war?

ACTUALLY it's not a "British" accent. It's an "Imperial" accent.

I like movies/shows that actually make the distinction between the high-born people having that accent, and the low-born people having no accent.

I.E HBO's Rome.

He was also a good friend.

WHITER you fucking twat