More like JUST White

more like JUST White

Attached: boarding house reach.png (384x361, 86K)

aka...JW is allowed to work w/o being fucked w/ again

hi shill

did you listen to the album, user?

yes. it was as bad as its artwork.

not even a fan

just know what dude went through

I liked most of it honestly. First song is trash, but the rest has some fun moments

pitchfork doesn't even realize how much they are embarassing themselves right now

i think bodak yellow #1 was possibly the peak, but somehow i doubt it, and anyway i see pitchfork tanking pretty hard even amongst their new audience pretty soon, much in the same way that rolling stone hasnt been shit in decades

honestly all music criticism needs to be taken down a few notches

Their interviews and features aren't even good anymore. But they have that Conde Nasty money so they're here to stay.

TIL Jack White released an album recently

i agree that pitchfork is shit, obvs, but i don't see how shitting on this album is doing that when

1. the album is pretty much objectively garbage
2. it's going to be critically torn down by pretty much everyone

idk, i just really don't like critics anymore and would like to see some major backlash towards them in the near future

How is this a productive comment

What a weird post. Both fans and critics are trashing this album.

>TIL
Please stop with this shit, you sound like an idiot.

I think Jack should restrict himself on whatever he does next in order to get creative juices following again. Not necessarily a new White Stripes album but limiting himself to only 2 instruments (maybe guitar and piano, make it a slow acoustic jam) would be best.

I wonder what Fantano will give it

Well yeah, that's why he got the 4.7 you bonehead.

His new album is still getting publicity
He's letting you know that p4k advertisement works

>pretty much objectively garbage
>same metacritic rating as the mgmt album Sup Forums memed

Attached: 34423342.png (1228x1150, 191K)

So its a new Jack White album huh? I thought it was a new Sophie album.

nme gave it 10/10
popmatters gave it 9/10 and actually wrote an interesting review
AV club gave it a 7.5
clash gave it a 9

>nme

What is this, critical thinking 101? Holy shit, you're a dumb motherfucker.

>NME, popmatters, clash

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahaha

What a garbage fucking record

>NME
Their opinion means nothing

2.60 on rym lol

Divorce broke him

>that fucking artwork

all jack white shit sucks

>NME
Their opinions mean nada after they gave Everything Now a 10. You can say that NME are an 'enemy' to good music journalism

Man, you're a weird boy. I don't think there is anyone out there who would consider the NME a journalistic enterprise instead of a gossip magazine

>what jack white should be doing

Making lofi garage rock, country, soul, r&b, folk, the blues. If wanting to try something new, maybe metal, maybe metal. Jack white covers a black sabbath song. Think about it

>what jack white is doing

"hey kids can i be hip and relvant, i can make the bleep bloops too, look how i rippity raps"

Why are certain types of people so totally influenced by Pitchfork? On Redacted it was at a stable ~80% until the Pitchfork review, now people downvoted it en masse to make it 53%.

lmfao this album is at least a 7.5

p4k so dramatic with their pans

no different than p4k which is what is what this thread you all come to post about in is about

baka

Honestly the only bad song on here is Connected By Love and even that will probably appeal to the wholesome family friendly pop crowd

NME is basically IGN at this point in terms of relevancy

i like the other cover better

Attached: jak.jpg (650x650, 81K)

wtf there's like 2 beats with bleep bloops (walk a dog) which is like 2 minutes and hypermisophoniac

non are good my guy

QUICK RUNDOWN

Attached: Jack White.jpg (790x395, 39K)

Huge Jack White fan, but this album is garbage. Actually super bummed about this, didn't have high hopes for it after hearing Connected By Love, but it's worse than I expected.

Ruined my day desu

Respect Commander is good. Zebra station though is a mess.

he will step up, don't be sad

I don't think he will, he hasn't put out a solid 9/10 album since the first The Dead Weather.

Maybe it's him getting old or something but he really shone with just person in the band. Even the first Racounters album has some lows.

i know is fun to kick an artist when he's down, but White is very talented, he might figure things out

I don't kick him, last 5 things he has put out were not bad but not good either. But then again, maybe things like Elephant happen once a life time.

White is one of my favorite artists of all time, I want the dude to succeed. I just have no idea why he decided to go in this direction because it's really awful.

Did he not anyone listen to this or get opinions from anyone on this album or what? I find it hard to believe that no one was like, "What the fuck is this?"