Broadway thread

Broadway thread.

What are your favorites? The ones you saw, the ones you hope to see live in your lifetime, The ones you unfortunately missed out on, etc.

>tfw I missed out on A Gentleman’s Guide and Fun Home when it came to my area due to selling out

I’m not gonna do that again with Dear Evan Hansen.

Attached: A5F02EFD-FB1E-4E15-8988-0B75CD124673.jpg (1070x889, 1.11M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MP8fw_LhOOg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

judging on the music alone (since this is a music board), wouldn't they all just be shit tier?

>matilda and wicked above les miserables
otherwise a pretty cool list
never found the appeal of going to a live performance tho, I usually just watch theatrical renditions

Whoa! We /theater/ now??

I just saw Book of Mormon a week ago, definitely worth it. I also really wanna see a gentleman's guide sometime, but last time they showed it in my area was two years ago :(

Don't forget about (((Fiddler))) on the roof

>list is bait tier pop trash broadway
unironically get off the board

the bulk of them yeah, good musicals are ones with either a solid enough story to not care too much about the composition or a play with 1 or 2 great songs that you cant forget but you literally sleep through the rest because shit is shit

Switch Wicked with Book of Mormon and put Legally Blonde on top tier.

Jesus Christ Superstar is really on of the GOATs

>Legally Blonde
>Top Tier

Attached: 90E9AD4A-280E-497A-92ED-4627FABBB755.jpg (667x621, 276K)

Into The Woods is the best

God Tier
>anything by Stephen Sondheim
Intelligent Normie Tier
>The Lion King
>Les Miserables
>anything by Rodgers and Hammerstein
Brainlet Normie Tier
>anything by Andrew Lloyd Webber
Meme Tier
>Hamilton
>Avenue Q
>The Book of Mormon
>Wicked

Chess is best

i actually saw both of those the last time I was in Broadway, Gentleman's guide was honestly really great so yea if you get the opportunity to see it I'd jump on it
>meme=things i dislike

>God Tier
The Music Man
>Shit Tier
Every other musical

I wanna see Jesus Christ superstar. Grew up on the soundtrack.

Jekyll & Hyde with Anthony Warlow singing has become my favorite musical literally just because he's so fucking good.
Dear Evan Hansen and Gentelman's Guide are also great, I also really like Heathers desu.
if only

>meme=things i dislike
meme = popular and of low quality

>Hamilton
>God Tier

Attached: 1494664812883.jpg (612x612, 91K)

well none of the 4 musicals you listed are in any way low quality, every single one of them ranges from at the very least pretty good to great, and so then that makes me think that you only hate them cause they're popular and then that makes me think you're just a contrarian

anyone foolish enough to think webber is the best of broadway should be castrated

1. West Side Story
2. Rocky Horrow Show
3. Sunday in the Park with George
4. Oklahoma
5. ShowBoat

I'm studying music at uni
>queue laugh track
and I took a module on musicals
>queue laugh track
And it was really interesting, I'd always thought I hated musicals, but there are a few which really grabbed me, these being Annie Get your Gun, Guys and Dolls, Oklahoma!, West Side Story, and Into the Woods.
West Side Story seems leaps and bounds above the others, even though its based on an overplayed story the music is wonderful and the choreography is just stellar. Its the closest to "art" than any of the MANY other musicals I've seen. Following this was Into the Woods, which has a fucking brilliant moral and sense of allegory all throughout until the final song where its all spelled out for the audience. I wrote a fucking essay on it so I know a fair amount about it. Also stage show >>> movie

youtube.com/watch?v=MP8fw_LhOOg
give this a watch if possible, its so fucking great

Attached: tg.jpg (600x576, 101K)

It depends which version. Old school or the modernized version with one of the Spice Girls?

thoughts on Miss Saigon?

>Wicked
>Shit-Tier