Explain what actually happened in this show

Explain what actually happened in this show

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vTO_Mwt3UZc
youtube.com/watch?v=GEc1qeD7UQc&t=6988s
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

An FBI agents gets caught in the middle of a conflict between quasi-demonic forces while investigating the murder of a teenage girl.

Leland was a really bad dad... but understandably.

Ayyliens and demons.

This is the simplest summary I've seen

Also, the murder of the teenage girl starts to unravel a seedy underbelly in a pleasant seeming town

[Laura Palmer theme starts playing]

[Grace Zabriskie starts screaming]

No one actually remembers or could follow it, but pretend to be fans of the show anyway

It's not that hard to follow.

It's really not that hard to follow

ADHD, son?

a gril was murdered. many subplots ensued

The best time to watch this show is around 7am in the springtime, drinking a cup of coffee and having a cigarette with some fruit.

This is the only time I watch this show.

Go back to editing the new season, David

>Season 1
A psychic FBI agent investigates the murder of a teenage girl, unraveling the dark secrets of a seemingly idyllic small town.

>Season 2
A lady with an eyepatch believes she is a teenager again and develops superhuman strength.

WOW BOB WOW

This is not reddit, son.

>cigarette
Back 2 reddit, this is a health conscious website!

Now explain Fire Walk With Me

How's Annie?

[...] the murder of a teenage girl.

Has anyone read the novel? It's worth the money?

This sums it up well

It suffers from the same thing as some episodes of the show, that it's completely un-Lynchian. It also suffers from not having too much of a plot. For a die-hard fan it's worth the money though. Get the physical copy. It looks great and due to it's style was IMO easier to follow than the audio book.

>Season 2
>A lady with an eyepatch believes she is a teenager again and develops superhuman strength.

... and in the last episode season 1 is tied together.

Meh, it's ok. Hit or miss across the board. Steal a copy if you can.

Overrated director blueballing audience for one season, get kicked off the show, it starts to suck, he returns for one episode to blueball audience for another 26 years, the end.

Got it for christmas. If you want more Twin Peaks then by all means snag a copy. Very enjoyable.

Why is this an insult? Is it really hard to imagine someone both exclusively browsing Sup Forums and being a huge faggot? Makes perfect sense to me, son.

One long gag of David Lynch setting up a kiss between himself and qt Shelly.

Take another look sonny

What was the deal with Michael J. Anderson and David Lynch during Twin Peaks? Anderson kind of went off the deep end on social media.

Dwarfs aren't exactly stable minded.

Advertising of the new season. I bet Lynch himself told him to write it

Laura Palmer (and her clone) is the ugliest girl in the show though

pls bring him back

alpha as fuck

i would write a role and scene for me too if i could

Catherine is best girl

Agent Albert and Major Briggs are resting in the White Lodge

tfw you don't have dad's talent

> Lynch has a hours of unreleased footage of naked Naomi Watts and Laura Harring having hot lesbo sex
His life is literally perfect

agree

o harri

>a demonic entity of pure id, Bob, possesses a child, Leland, and sometimes takes over his body to do terrible things without the knowledge of the child
>years later, that Leland is now an adult and has a teenage daughter, Laura
>Bob frequently molests Laura from the time she's young and eventually murders her
>the murder investigation is handled by the FBI, who send an unusual and psychically gifted agent, Dale Cooper, who uses unusual means to investigate
>the investigation turns over many rocks and dark secrets in the small town of Twin Peaks
>the investigation also leads to more demonic entities and another world, connected to but separate from our own
>the people of Twin Peaks are eccentric or outright crazy because of their proximity to the opening to this other world
>the series ended on a cliffhanger, with Agent Cooper being the new host of Bob

>That time Russell Brand got the shit spooked out of him by Lynch.

youtube.com/watch?v=vTO_Mwt3UZc

>the series ended on a cliffhanger
Not anymore, pal

oops, wrong one. Gotta find it.

youtube.com/watch?v=GEc1qeD7UQc&t=6988s

1:52:30

Do I have to watch season 2 before season 3?

DUDE

I'd recommend it. It hits some serious lows, but it does build-up to the final episode.

Just the first few episodes to know what happened to Laura, then the last few episodes to know what's going on.

Sup Forums already spoiled for me who the killer was (im only on epsiode 5)

>that one episode of the X-files in the weird people village
>that midget is the hotel manager
>"What do you think I am a circus manager just because I'm short?"
>a few years after that episode he is a circus manager in carnivale
Top kek this is pure pottery

Why did he do it? He literally has no excuse for being such a horrendous parent.

It really doesn't matter. The mystery of Laura's killer is a very small part of the show and never really mattered to me in the grand scheme of things

>not S2 Donna

a ghost named Bob posessed a guy named Leland and made him to rape(?)/ kill his daughter Laura Palmer
eventually he gets caught and Bob goes into someone else ( i forget who) somehow Cooper finds the entryway to the black lodge which is like the spirit realm and gives his soul up to Bob in order to save Heather Graham so the final scene of the show we see Cooper has Bob in him

the narrative sucks though, you just watch this show for the spooky/cozy atmosphere, beautiful women, surrealist sequences, and quirky jazz score.

i mean, they pretty much made the show up as they went, so nobody's got any illusions it's some deep story

Stress of his job. It turned out Romanov was... was throwing everything he had at him. They were supposed to be allies that maniac! He just didn't give a wooden nickle about Romanov's legacy.

Also mind control.

i bet he voted for trump

A studio attempted to ruin a tv show by forcing a solution to to mystery midway through a series, so in order to keep intrigue the creators went deeper into the supernatural aspect of the show, which before had just been spooky happenings

It's a TV show that Sup Forums would be dismissing as way too reddit if it was more popular if it has't already
mostly because it's full of quoteable scenes like 'I would die for this pie' or whatever that plebs can latch onto

It's a decent show but I'm not sure the nostalgia reboot will do it any good
People didn't like it enough for it not to get renewed for a third series which ironically made it critically a good series as in it's a good thing to work it out for yourself, now that we might get answers it's probably going not going to be a good thing

It's not a reboot. It's new legit season by original creators

There's also gonna be less between the project and Lynch this time so I doubt it'll be anything like a conventional conclusion to the show.

The original show was a little Mark Frost and even less David Lynch. It was mostly amateur hour but the new season is all Frost-Lynch, so I think it's going to be different than you say, not that I blame you for thinking so.

>amateur hour
albert's ghost is that you

[home on the range plays in the distance]

>serial killer on the loose
>"I'm gonna go for a forrest walk"

>imma write myself in kissing this bitch

alpha af

It's not canon to the show according to Lynch. He hasn't even read it.

Gordon Cole was a legend all over. Seems like Lynch wrote in some fun character so he could have fun on the show

A demon named Bob crossed over into our world and possesed a little boy, Leland Palmer. Bob eventually consumed Leland, and killed his daughter after much raep. Then the show begins..

No wonder he's the most based character.

>>a demonic entity of pure id, Bob, possesses a child, Leland, and sometimes takes over his body to do terrible things without the knowledge of the child

This is never shown though is it?
Really good synopsis btw, could you sum up Fire Walk With Me as well?

I don't give meaningful replies to name fags

It's about the Horne brothers and their love of fine dining.

Yea I'm not I left it on accidentally from a game of Risk I'm playing lol

>Ben and Jerry
Bravo Lycnh

They ice-creamed that girl in the flashback

L Y N C H E D

>half of these people are dead now

Fire Walk With Me is a shitty retelling with different actors for no reason.

>For no reason
You mean Lara flynn boyle being an obnoxious cunt?

> with different actors for no reason.
Only Donna is different. And there's a reason.

DUDE DAVID LYNCH SURREAL LMAO

>This is never shown though is it?
Only explained.
>could you sum up Fire Walk With Me as well?
Sure.
>a series of murders in the rural Pacific Northwest catches the attention of the FBI
>2 agents are dispatched to investigate
>in their investigation they come up against resistance from local law enforcement and discover demonic forces at play, giving viewers a much better glimpse into that crazy world
>parallel to the FBI investigation, Laura Palmer is unraveling and has become completely self-destructive and is dragging her friends down the same hole of despair
>David Bowie is also an FBI agent for some reason, and he's been sucked into the dark world that Bob comes from
>the investigation is ultimately fruitless, we witness Leland kill Laura in one of the most disturbing scenes of all time, and this leads directly into the pilot of Twin Peaks

he has the perfect voice for the way cole half-yelled every line too. i don't think the character would've worked quite as well with someone else

The fuck? I read it was an "official" release.

Duality
The real Ben & Jerry were hippies. These guys are the opposite of hippies.

> series of murders
You mean one murder of Teresa Banks?

who was the little guy

and what was that room that the agent kept dreaming of

what was its significance?

The first half is a dream, dreamt by Dale Cooper. Agent Desmond is Cooper's dream alter ego.

don't worry about it, twin peaks is about the atmosphere of mistery
seeing Laura Palmer's picture or that VHS tape when she looks in to the camera still leaves me with a sense of mistery to this day

that all gets answered if you keep watching

>FWWM
>shitty

pleb filter

>And there's a reason
what was the reason the actor was changed?