Scientifically speaking, why are americans so fat?

Scientifically speaking, why are americans so fat?

Other urls found in this thread:

infoplease.com/world/statistics/obesity.html
youtube.com/watch?v=mNYlIcXynwE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Because we eat too fucking much.

Food is cheap/widely available and the general populous has very little impulse control

High Fructose Corn Syrup

>guyS,another fAtburGEr thread

Pretty sure Mexico is either fatter than the US or trying real fucking hard to overtake it.

Because burger daste bretty gud 10/10 would et agin :DDDDDDDDDDDDD

I read some shit about the relative accessibility of grocery stores in urban places combined with a lack of ability to cook.
But really it's just laziness. Eating poor is easier than eating healthy.

The majority of people have a low IQ combined with cheap calorie dense food.

Mexico IS fatter than the USA. Stupid taco nigger wouldn't know that anyways.

Fpbp

>Being sUch a gruMPy individual

God dammit how the fuck do people do this to themselves

Look at this dumb cow just stuffing her face, she cannot possibly do anything productive like that, she's like a fucking parasite leeching off of her husband and/or welfare.

Eating is fun. Therefore, more eating is more fun.

Dopamine imbalance, high amount of serotonin in their neocortex which causes uncontrollable appetite

Genetics.

They evolved to put out loads of calories farming and eat non-stop because food was scarce.

Now that farming is effortless thanks to machines and high calorie food is readily available they just eat themselves to death.

It's the reason why the lower classes are the fattest by far.

So many yummy snacks m8 Mexican snacks are garbage

Pretty sure Mexico is now fatter.

Which means the wall doesn't have to be as high.

Fat post best post

US is only fattest 1st world country, many countries are fatter, such as mexico. Fattest is pacific islanders, like 99% are overweight or obese. No joke look it up

Burgers are cheap and a guilty pleasure we can partake in almost daily.

They should just cut all the sugar, take chained amino acids like bcaa capsules and stimulants like caffeine in order to control carving and lose weight . High serotonin levels cause tiredness and lose of energy for excersing.

Slow metabolism caused by genetics.

Mexico has more obese people overall but the US has the most super morbidly obese hamplanets.

As a burger-bear, that's the thing too. We have fast food all over the fucking place

Fuckin m8, Honestly, I know how these people get that fucking fat, but...HOW THE FUCK DO THEY GET THAT FUCKING FAT?

I mean granted, I'm a little overweight myself, but I would never, ever let myself get to that point where I physically immobilize myself. Even when I'm depressed, I may eat some more and gain a few pounds, which balances back to my normal weight when I go back to my normal caloric deficit.

Fucking how...

Any animal given an abundance of tasty food will eventually get fat.

it ain't just a murican thing juan. blame the transnational food corporations for filling their products with shit to appeal to the general masses who don't give enough of a fuck to watch their diet as much as they watch tv

A depressing side effect of treating your citizens like customers.

Moderb governments across the world have failed their people and before you start MUH CHOICES you need to remember that there are a breed of people who are almost a hive mind in how easily they are swayed by stupid shit

We are trending towards a happier timeline if meme magic has anything to say about it and not all hope is lost

Government regulations on imported sugar

Sugar tariffs and quotas have kept the domestic price of sugar up to 5x higher than the world price. This, together with huge subsidies to corn farmers, has created the artificial sweetener industry in America, which in turn has created an obesity epidemic. Mexico is fat because of proximity to us. They consume a lot of the same junk we do. Also the food that government schools feed our children is absolute trash, literally wouldn't give it to my dog tier garbage

Shouldn't you be prepping your wall building materials, Paco? The day is soon.

Wealth and human nature + a consumerist and individualistic culture

They NEVER stop eating.

If you've ever watched one of them for longer than 5 minutes you would realize they always have food and they're always eating it.

There are many reasons, but I'll focus on the cultural side of it.

Most Americans don't realize that they are overweight or obese. I know that when I went to college, I didn't weight myself for literally four years. Weight gain happens slowly or months and years, so it's easy to simply ignore or completely miss the changes in your body.

It doesn't help that when most of your peers are overweight/obese, you don't realize what a normal, healthy weight should be. Not to self-indulge, but about half a year ago I was technically obese, which may not be as fat as you think. 5'9", 215 pounds at the time. Since then I've dropped down to 180, and hope to eventually get to ~150. I'd talk to people who I hadn't seen since I lost weight and they'd say, "You look so skinny! You need to eat!". Despite the fact that I'm still overweight and have a ways to go. People literally do not know what a healthy weight looks like.

Do you see people like OP related often?

Glucose syrup.

the difference is that animals tend to move around a little more than you average lazy american, who prefers to use a motorized scooter to get into their car only to loan another motorized scooter to browse the local Wal*Mart

even in pets, obesity is usually a function of exercise level and not diet

Fuck i want a pizza now

We're a nation of excess. We transmute the parsimony of the various constituent peoples into fucking slop.

See: Chinese food, Italian food, Greek food, Mexican food, etc. etc. etc.

AND THE GUY JUST SITS THERE LIKE (((ITS OK BABY I LOVES YOU)))

PUTIN NUKE MY FUCKING COUNTRY NOW

No because those types of people never leave their home.
But I will say that going to a Walmart or something where I live (Oklahoma) and 8/10 women will weight 180-200 pounds, and they each have 3-4 fat children. Who the fuck is breeding with these pigs? It's really fucking depressing.

No, that's why there's a tv show about people like this.

I wouldn't say I see them often in part because they're too fat to leave their houses and in part that I don't go to the kinds of restaurants that they would good to but there are the rare exceptions that are mobile

High serotonin levels cause tiredness and laziness, that's why all these obese people don't excersise

It should be worldwide illegal to be overweight.

why dont they just not eat entire turkeys then

These coupled with the fact getting outside, and playing sports isn't as common as is it in other places. Kids are raised on tablets, and shit nowadays. They never really had much of a chance desu senpai

Because their brain is used to a high level of serotonin, in order to keep or even surpass that level they need to eat more and more. If they don't eat for a while the brain activities the hunger feeling and they are forced to eat in order to produce dopamine which leads to serotonin production in the chemical compound of the brain.

theres fat and then theres just obese im pretty sure mexico doesnt have these whales on scooters at walmart and shit

>Go to America
>Order a coke
>Get a gallon
>Straped a chair
>IV hooked up
>Buttery fried gravy pumped in
>Tell me it's McDonalds Happy Meal
JUST

unhealthy prepackaged food, and a sedentary lifestyle

The only effective way to counter this through bcaa and stimulants like caffeine, in extreme cases provigil could be provided for the appetite lose.

Its always a woman in these specials and she always has a husband.

14 y/o 150 pound kid from alabam watching this whilst eating an entire bag of chips

I don't give a fugg

I just looked this shit up, America isn't even that fat compared to some other countries
infoplease.com/world/statistics/obesity.html

>Cook Islands 90.9%
kek

People don't look like this here.

I live in Hollywood

STOP MAKING FUN OF US >:o(

I love when they have an attitude. Makes for great TV.

Perfectly normal family pedro. Fuck off.

He looks so fucking happy with that boigah.

Why do you begrudge him his happiness?

I don't, but If I wanted to, I'd just go to a Walmart.

In the end it's basically trading one addiction for another.

too many don't work out or don't have a job.

Caffeine, provigil and bcaa aren't psychologically or physically addictive

Walmart. At one point I lived in a small town in New Mexico where Walmart was the only source for affordable food for everyone. It was a treat going there between 12am - 3am to see all the tweakers, criminals, and the most shadiest walks of life there. Of course there were only 10 people in the whole Walmart, but it was pretty surreal.

Seriously Jose?

like you fuckers have any room to talk

I think it's because they always eat burgers.
That consumption of fatty food must have an effect.

Americans love the burger. It provides satisfaction, and they have it for every meal. Even breakfast.

I feel like I should Stat him for Shadowrun.

high fructose corn syrup, sugar in fucking EVERYTHING, corn in fucking EVERYTHING, cultural issues

It was a good time to go for serious shopping because no one was around and there were no lines, but it still gave me the creeps seeing tweakers run around the aisles like Velociraptors

tfw you realize you were one of those people

I live in New England, so very rarely. Everyone in my area (greater boston) is crazy about their health and most people exercise. It's more common among the wealthy/ upper middle class.

this
no, but highly refined sugar configurations are

An abundance of good tasting, inexpensive food combined with little desire to excercise.

You've probably seen me running away flailing my arms then

real talk. I eat cheeseburgers like 10 times a week.

kek blesses your love of burgers user

I probably thought you were a hallucination

Yeah same here, I get so disgusted when I see myself in the mirror when I've gained some extra weight it motivates me immediately to take action against it.

Blessed art thou burgers

>build a wall
>no more tacos for USA
>no more burgers for Mexico
who loses really?

No matter how much we love the divine BOIGAH we still lack the sheer fanaticism of the Japanese Cult of KFC.

Because they use corn for everything
In prespective is a good idea corn can be used for many types of food resource however most people around the world dont excersice which makes it harder for that corn to go somewhere else so they end up fat; if americans dont want to be fat they have to do more excersice and not make useless taxes and MUH HEALTHY PLATE FOR PUBLIC SHOOLS

what would you say is the average IQ of america you turd

sugar
youtube.com/watch?v=mNYlIcXynwE

mexican immigration drives it upwards now since they're 80%+ obese. white obesity has leveled

Nigs and spics skewing statistics

In part, I like to blame "Diet" soft drinks.

It's extremely questionable whether or not they're actually better for you, and yet retards gorge themselves on super sized fatty foods but think it's ok because they're drinking "diet" soda.

Fuck this world.

>stupid people are fat
prove it

Why do you never, ever beat us in anything? Olympics included?

Stupid people may not be fat, but fat people are stupid

Caffeine is absolutely addictive

I'm pretty sure that the study has been done and concluded that "diet" sodas are in fact worse for your body despite being less calories.

So yeah, in part you're right. Soda in general is such shit though and is basically 60% of the reason and cause alone of morbid obesity. I drink soda so incredibly rarely that for me it's negligible. Fuck soda though.

Biggie smalls wasn't stupid dawg. He was a genius in his own right.

Because it's easy to be fat

Because we have too many Mexicans.

Mexico is the most obese country in the world. The US is the second most. Because we have nearly as many Mexicans as Mexico.

Also, niggers don't help.

No,it's not amerifat

Didn't that study hinge on the idea that one of the synthetic sugars used in creating "Diet" soft-drinks ended up causing a reaction that ultimately slowed the metabolism down when drunk in large quantities?