Can this be the 2018 and onwards essentials chart?

Can this be the 2018 and onwards essentials chart?

Isn't it about time we stepped up the board from the gutter?

Attached: 1491937953708.jpg (1905x4920, 1.58M)

Someone who actually likes hip-hop should probably re-do that hip-hop section at some point

Why put techno and glitch together? wtf

Obituary should be there desu

id put Incantation instead

No one here listens to A, B, or C

>techno/glitch
>5 techno albums but one of them is autechre
>therefore "glitch"
just stick to general electronic music and quite pretending you know anything about techno or glitch music

>popular muzak fans thinking their niche capitalist memes warrant the same attention as 1500+ years of music
hilarious

Is there contemporary patrician electronic music? In a word, absolutely. But it's represented by avant-garde electroacoustic improvisation and experimental developments using progeria like Supercollider, not by some hack in a warehouse blasting an endless I-I-V-I progression over a glitched disco sample.

EDMplebs are some of the most solipsistic in the world because they don't seem to realize that even the most "cutting-edge DJs" they can think of are 20-30 years behind the curve of _actual_ electronic music development.

Honestly, to hear the way some of you get indignant when I bring this up. You don't realize that you're listening to the most populist, retrogressive, kindergarten exponent of the "style" you pretend to champion, and the worst part is the irony is completely lost on you. Classical composers are paving the way in electronic music.

why is the classical and jazz chart so big
there's 80 classical pieces, meanwhile there's 3 post punk albums
this was clearly made by some /classical/ fag that just copied the other Sup Forumscore charts for the rest

>60 years VS 1500 years

Rock is nothing compared to classical

Because that chart has always sucked, the lack of quality for any genre in the A and D sections is beyond embarrassing

>1500 years of very little people actually making music because everyone's poor, with minimal technology
>60 years where anyone middle-class or above can make music, and technology means any kind of sound is possible
really makes you think

irrelevant to the point lls

Nothing after D) will be remembered in 50 years time.

The best thing would be removing everything after D) altogether and adding even more traditional and art music, but Sup Forums is too reddit to let go of their faux music.

t.

Attached: wrong generashun.jpg (658x613, 100K)

le right generation xD

I only listen to REAL music. Kanye West, FKA Twigs, Kendrick Lamar, Beyonce, Earl Sweatshirt, Flying Lotus, The Weeknd, DOOM, Drake, Beyonce, Deangelo, the list goes on
white person sees a cracker white person "same" tb h. literally same. literally me every day of my life bae. um, good job white people.
I follow pop culture.
I watch the grammys. I watch the VMAs. I love live tweeting about both
I listen to both mainstream music AND indie! I'm a new breed of cultured
I love tweeting about the NBA. Did you all see the NBA All Star game? Check out this meme of a NBA star! he be like
Beyonce be like
Jay-Z be like
Nicki Minaj be like
KENDRICKS NEW SINGLE JUST DROPPED FUCK.
Yeezy season approaching
Check out this meme I made, it references Drake and a new movie that just came out
Bae. Keep calm and smoke a blunt. Emojis. I embrace memes and trends. But post-ironically.
Ironic 90s nostalgia t-shirts bae
um white people fucked up again. like, good job everyone. great job society. baka desu
WOW. I want my girlfriend to hear Deangelos voice while we have sex.
People of Colour >>>> White People. boohoo white people, youre life is sooo tough. redirect to Sup Forums
pitchfork.com, stereogum, tumblr, instagram, jezebel, nba.com, grantland, I'm in the know
I ALSO LISTEN TO SWANS THO. IM CULTURED THO.
I EMBRACE THIS GENERATION!!!
#readyforhillary #orblackcanidate #stopwhitepeople #tbhcrew

Attached: 1520177680999.png (1041x1600, 2.3M)

yup, kraftwerk is an irrelevant band

>You don't realize that you're listening to the most populist, retrogressive, kindergarten exponent of the "style" you pretend to champion, and the worst part is the irony is completely lost on you.
I listen to very fringe and very explosive electronic music lol.
my point was that you're grouping two genres that haven't had anything to do with each other in at least 2 decades. if you want a techno list, name techno artists. if you want a glitch list, name glitch artists.
techno is a very outdated genre, but there are still artists making it. one big issue with trying to compile techno releases is that it's historically been a singles driven genre. I can't name techno albums, but I can name techno artists who release singles.
honestly, I'd rework the dance electronica section entirely. I don't know much about house and techno music these days, but could drop some knowledge on contemporary breakbeats and glitch.

>1500 years only the best of the best had the tools to perform music, resulting in timeless works that are performed to this day
>60 years everyone has access to the tools, resulting in throwaway "music" (emphasis on scarequotes) that gets hyped for a week or a month or a year or two then rightfully discarded to the dustbin of history
really makes you think

>strawmanning this hard
you people are hopeless

it's a bait post and you took the bait. report it, sage if you need to respond to it, and ignore it.

R&B simply set the stage for rock'n'roll to emerge. What was missing (the great drawback of rhythm'n'blues) was true creativity. Rhythm'n'blues (whether vocal or instrumental) was anchored to well-defined structures, that performers challenged only marginally. There were no significant attempts to create free-form structures, to integrate idioms of other cultures, to enlarge the orchestration to new instruments, to radically alter any of the fundamental dogmas of black-music performance. That was indeed the revolution of rock music, which will progressively introduce the traditional European values of innovation and progress into the archaic values of African personal expression.

Indeed, the majority of Electronica and hip hop is a reversion to the stagnation of 40s R&B and 70s Disco. In 30 years time it will seem just as embarrassing and non-artistic as these. Is there contemporary patrician electronic music? In a word, absolutely. But it's represented by avant-garde electroacoustic improvisation and experimental developments using progeria like Supercollider, not by some hack in a warehouse blasting an endless I-I-V-I progression over a disco sample, memerap or ''experimental'' electronica.

Punk 9/10 album: Husker Du - Zen Arcade
Metal 9/10 album: Type O Negative - Deep, Slow, Hard
Hip hop and Electronica 9/10 album: [ERROR NOT FOUND]

Electronica is just a subgenre, anything else is a microgenre and of no relevance to educated music enthusiasts.

i dont give a shit, if i actually cared about my time I wouldn't be on Sup Forums

Electronica and hip hop are just a subgenre of rock as much as punk or metal are. Via the proxy of modern R&B.

this is so non sequitur

is this pasta

see

yeah it is, report it and move along. this thread this is a trash heap already

announcing reports is against the rules

It's been 5 years and people are yet to disprove these CLT and Ame posts.

it makes sense though

I didn't announce a report

Its been done plenty of times, neither would ever admit it

Where's the original version of this comic
I keep seeing edited versions and I'm curious as to what the original was about

You/they did themselves.

>Electronica and hip hop are just a subgenre of rock
>R&B simply set the stage for rock'n'roll to emerge

The original was about Lauryn Hill being good because she sold lots of records.

Also reposting this edit because butthurt redditors managed to make the mods delete that post.

Attached: 1521826254793.png (1041x1600, 2.3M)

Needs, Prodigy, SL2, Orbital, Future sound of London for Dance Elecronica

And DEFINATELY pic related

Attached: R-338374-1463438998-4164.jpeg.jpg (599x558, 139K)

Needs an abmient catagory under Dance etc, that's where the Orbs Adventues should be imo

on shit ive been looking for this image since forever. thanks user

no vinicius de moraes/toquinho under Bossa Nova

Os Mutantes have the wrong album cover, that cover is for their sophomore LP

NIna Simone should also be on jazz section

No ACDC on hard rock, and the Stooges were proto-punk..

Children of God is the least noisier Swans album, should have been either Cop or Greed/HM

Burial's Untrue is neither downtempo nor trip hop, move it to another place

Goldie's Timeless is not breakbeat lol, it is drum'n'bass. Also where is Prodigy

Suicide's S/T should be in there, prolly in the Industrial section

>post-rock
>Tortoise
uncle Ott will punish ye

>'world' music
>Erik Satie = "impressionism"
lol

>Goldie's Timeless is not breakbeat lol, it is drum'n'bass.

Drum & Bass is breakbeat you tit.

This guy doesn't have fun listening to music

EDM is a scam invented by europeans to jew on the americans

>whitehouse and MMM in noise
fucking lol

is this ame's?

>tfw you listen to music for ego and taste evaluations and not for enjoyment
i can only imagine this feel

Attached: 1509710964764.png (485x443, 22K)

That 'Latin' section won't ever suffice. Right now you should take out Os Mutantes, and put there some salsa. Maybe Siembra?

>take out Os Mutantes
fuck off

Fucking autists who post this should also be against the rules. Goddamn snitch hos.

Bump.

Attached: 1497217216063.jpg (833x1047, 126K)

oh great seer, please tell us what the year 5000 will be like

Attached: when the stuff is just too good.png (540x492, 284K)

You know they are much closer to psicodelia than to 'latin' styles. Or would you put there a good brazilian metal band? No, because they are metal, not 'latin'

>inb4 tropicalia

There are just 5 spots. They are not meant for rock. Os mutantes are rock, even if with a different flavour

>muh rock