youtube.com/watch?v=e2Lm1-W0jow
youtube.com/watch?v=EboJrjl_ELI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

which movie?

>tfw you didn't cry at the end but still think it was a great movie
>tfw get a lump in my throat everytime I listen to City of Stars

Good movie but 14 nomi???
Cry?? Hold your horses.

Tbh everything else was sub par this year so what else did you expect?

I went there with a friend.

Cried a lot since that exact situation happened to me, but my gf wasn't an actress, she was an opera singer.

It hit me way too close to home. I will not sleep tonight. I will look at our photos and cry.

Moana had the better soundtrack, hands down
youtube.com/watch?v=e2Lm1-W0jow

Seriously soul crushing. My gf broke up with me after we saw this and for the past week I have been doing the exact same thing, imagining our entire trajectory together and how I'd simply have gone to her and held her if I had a chance to do it again.

Feels fucking awful.

>My gf broke up with me after we saw this
savage

It felt forced to me to be quite honest senpai

The third act was really weak

I only cried because this dishonest flick got 14 nominations

Were they ever actually in love? It seems like it was just a convenient relationship for both of them with where they both were in their careers, then when the relationship became slightly inconvenient it completely fell apart. The tragedy would have been if she'd gotten pregnant or something and they would have been forced to stay together when they didn't actually love each other. They both got what they wanted and seemed content. It was a happy ending.

are you a manlet? That movie was brutal on manlets and froglets

It WAS a happy ending until the actual ending. I mean, where the "what if" scenario started running - that would have been their perfect case.

In actual case, they got what they wanted UNTIL the end, when they realised that they only needed each other and fuck the club and fuck the acting career.

The moment I thought that they were in love was very stupid - when Gosling drove to her house (in LA, not Nevada) and sounded his horn. I don't know why, but I felt that this thing can only be done between two people who love each other.

>posting wrong link

youtube.com/watch?v=EboJrjl_ELI

Breakups suck, but you shouldn't imagine what things would be like if you had stayed together. Breakups don't happen by accident. There was a reason she was unhappy with the relationship and you'd continued dating it would have only gotten worse. Maybe it was you. Maybe there's something actually wrong with you like you drink too much or you hit her. I'm guessing that wasn't the case. If you weren't doing something blatantly wrong you shouldn't feel bad that she didn't want to be with you. That doesn't mean all women don't want to be with you, just her. Different women want different things and there are still plenty of women that will like you more than she did and that will mean greater happiness for the both of you in the long run. The version of your relationship you're playing out in your head is how you saw the relationship, not how it was. Go out there and find someone who shares that vision instead of worrying you'll never find it.

user, i literally love every song on the soundtrack i've realised
there's no wrong link

Why? What is a froglet btw?

True shit my nigga

Did you guys notice how sociopathic Emma is portrayed in this movie?

She can easily move from man to man without a shred of remorse or care--meanwhile Seb (Gosling) never stopped loving her and lived the life that he promised her--while she lived out her shitty narcissistic life suckin jewish cock and having gross half-jew kids.

>crying to dishonest sentimentality

PURE DISHONESTY

Realistic portrayal of women then.

A pretty realistic portrayal of men and women

>forgettable songs
>mediocre singing and dancing
>main couple has no chemistry
>average and cliché love story
>characters achieve dreams through luck and coincidence
>Hollywood sucking its own dick by namedropping and referencing all the "classics"
>muh emotinal ending

Yeah, I cried too because it was finally over.

I'm the guy
Wanna know how my relationship went to hell? I was infatuated with my missus and so was she (or so I thought). We were together for 5-6 months and already planning to engage.

She's Christian, ultra-pure, beast in bed (C cup, thin waist, great ass), wonderful angelic voice (she's an opera singer, like I said), she is a conductor in a church choir and overall very pure girl. Unlike me, you can fill in all the blanks yourself, as we're on the same website and have more than enough similarities, I'm sure.

Anyway, on the 2nd month of our relationship we discovered that sex without a condom feels way better (it was a surprise for her since she had almost zero sex before me) and we've decided to start taking pills (to be more precise - vaginal ring).

The following month was GREAT.

But not so much after 30 or so days. Her body somehow started to reject the ring. She got a fever, got acne, became apathetic and couldn't leave the bed.

What's worse is that her mother (father left them because momma be crazy) is...a priest. Or a woman equivalent of that. A devout Christian. My GF wanted to keep her vaginal ring a secret but she caved and confessed everything.

Her mother explained that I was a Devil, pure and simple. I seduced her, led her astray, used her weaknesses and tried to take what I needed. So, she gave her disapproval for our wedding. And my girl just as traditional as her mother. She broke up with me in one facebook message. She said she hated me and she would never date someone her mother disapproves.

That's how my story ends. It was the first genuine relationship I've had. It was the first time I didn't cheat on the girl. It was the first time in my LIFE that I started thinking about having children.

And now I've seen La-La Land and empathise with the last scene so fucking much it hurts.

Sorry for writing such wall of text.

Maybe fucking with your hormones is bad? Hmm...

She was weak and you dodged a bullet.

>First time I didn't cheat on a girl

Idk maybe she's the one that dodged a bullet.

>she would never date someone her mother disapproves
This will sound more harsh than it is, but it was doomed from the start. Some people live by ultimatums like that. Maybe you could have changed her or her mother's mind, but would they ultimately have been happy? Someday she might realize her mother kept her from happiness and she'll think back painfully at how badly she messed up, but maybe she won't. The point is that version of her the version of her you dated, so it was destined to end eventually. Don't worry so much about finding everlasting love. Very few couples stay happy forever. Some make it work, some don't. Enjoy the feeling of love while you have it, and remember it fondly, rather than with pain, when it's over. You were still happy in those moments; how it ended doesn't change that. Our lives are just a series of moments and you got to fill some with that happiness and will fill other moments with other happiness. Love and happiness are infinite. You will never get to a point where you're finally content forever. No one does. We get moments of happiness and that's good enough.

aren't infinite*

True that, but I didn't fucking know it would do that kind of damage. All my past GFs had it and it was fine, but backlash or side effects. And she wouldn't hear me being sorry. And I genuinely didn't know it can happen.
In a way, I guess you're right, doesn't mean I wasn't devastated when it happened. I went to Europe to pump myself with drugs and booze. Went off the rails for the first time in my life. Wanted to die. Now I'm just numb.
Maybe you're right as well.
No, her mother wouldn't have it. In her Christian eyes - I'm a murderer. I killed two of her daugther's eggs in the most unnatural way. I'm a killer in her book.

But those were the happiest 5 months of my life. I saw her every day, even if I worked two jobs, I drove to her place, kiss her good night and went home (her mom wouldn't let her sleep in my place before the wedding).

Just by posting this pic I feel weak in my knees.

This thread took a very weird turn...

HERE'S TO THE FOOLS WHO DREEEEEEAM

Will this movie trigger my >nogf feels?

>That movie was brutal on manlets
Holy shit, this. That dickhead author at the party made me cringe because I, too, am a self-absorbed manlet.

Not really, it'll make you feel very joyful and positive. It's a very happy movie with a kind of bittersweet ending.