Resident Evil: The Final Chapter

Likely on the better end of the Resident Evil sequels, nowhere near as good as the first. The twist about Alice being a clone of the Red Queen/Alissa and the reveal of old Alice/Alissa was good. The opening act was ok (even if it basically retconed the set up of Retribution), the 2nd act was lousy, the final act in the hive was solid. Claire and the other new characters served 0 purpose, and there was no mention of any other RE character.

Many plot inconsistencies with the others movies but Im glad they finally explained what the fuck Umbrella was trying to do.

Also Wesker went out like a little bitch.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EIGD91fXzuc
youtube.com/watch?v=4AFu2OIyfiY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

This movie was hilariously shitty.

>that fucking combat predictability scene where Dr. Dickface sips his scotch at the end

Hope they do another one with her, I need my dose of Milla.

I couldn't see what the hell was going on for half of this movie because the camera cut 3 times per second. The scene where they are defending the building was just like a series of muzzle flashes. WTF

Yeah the action scenes were unbearable to watch

That was solid gold, was laughing for like a minute straight after that

to institute representation as signifier, as a transcendental subject radically deluded, one can sense existence itself as a fundamental point, which can overbalance the entire structure it finds itself in. when ws turns the most crucial element of imbalance to pure abstraction, he shifts the very fabric of representation towards a tangible force, absolutely essential for the actual transformation to take place.

it takes this boisterous abstraction (alice as a representation of humanity, not humanity itself, alice as cinema) to enable capitalism to dismantle itself. what is interesting here is that the act of resistance may be essential, but what effectively murders capitalism is its own reflection on the mirror. neoliberalism as an organism, the virus may have spreaded fast through culture (at the pace of modern life), but its cure is being slowly imprinted: in a similar fashion, but in new terms.

formally, ws takes a very abrupt shift from retribution's clean, carefully constructed, minimalist approach: absolutely frantic, an esthete drifts his camera through a wasteland of bodies, ruins and desolation. using artifice as instability, the movie cuts wildly, the kinectic energy isn't contained within the frame necessarily, but through the actual abruptness of the changing of angle.

what makes alice identify herself as human isn't her physical constitution or her origins (unlike the security-obsessed world she finds herself in), but her empathy towards the other. identification in cinema usually has a continuous alternation between the 'i' and 'you', in a reciprocal relation of affection, in a lacanian/lévinas-like concept of looking in the mirror and experiencing love. what we have here is very similar, but love doesn't develop itself through glance necessarily, but through abstraction, through memory. humanity as remembrance.

I liked it. Decent enough ending.

user, you're fired!

I liked it a lot

also...

YOU'RE NOT ME! I AM MEEEE!!!

telling me with a straight face you fucking didn't laugh at this shit??

>nowhere near as good as the first

Dropped. The first was ok at best. That would mean this movie is complete trash

>people pay to watch this bullshit

its a fun flick and the only videogame-based franchise successfull enough to spawn 7 fucking movies

plus jovovich was a proper qt.

To end the last film by giving Alice a daughter, and then to open here with absolutely no mention of her existence, or her three friends she was ready to do battle with, is a huge WTF. Where did they go? How was the White House ending a set up? Why? Why "trick" Alice that you gave her her powers back, but didn't? The opening of this film is the laziest continuity error I've ever seen. It was like they couldn't afford to hire the actors back, or to actually film the spectacle battle that they set up.

Nothing else really makes sense either. How did Umbrella release the virus on purpose? That's not how it went down in Apocalypse. I thought Dr. Ashford created the T virus to help his daughter walk again? Not in this movie. Were those frozen Umbrella employees always there? Even in the first movie? Wasn't the Red Queen in control of the corporation in Retribution? And Wesker her opposition? Now she works for Wesker? And Wesker works for Isaacs, unlike in Extinction? What happened to his powers? How did he die from a door crushing his leg when he's healed from having his brains blown out? If Alice is a clone of the other member that heads the entire corporation, why would they give her a menial job like being security at the mansion?

what was Umbrella was trying to do?

>Claire and the other new characters served 0 purpose, and there was no mention of any other RE character.
So we don't get a cameo of Islamic Mummy guy or based Black guy from first movie?

Yes I know they died but I was hoping for maybe some dream flashback sequence.

well that sucks

Any good gore/deaths?
Literally the only reason to watch these movies

Kate is dating Harry Styles

Dr. Isaacs was some religious nut but wanted a "new flood" to wipe away humanity so Umbrella unleashed the T-Virus so Umbrella would be the only people left on Earth.

Ruby Rose has a good death, being sucked into a giant fan. Usual monster/zombie gore. Similar to the other movies, but nothing really stands out

>Ruby Rose has a good death, being sucked into a giant fan
>sweatingman.jpg
I'm guessing it's mostly offscreen?

>One of the stunt doubles twisted her arm so bad that she brutally broke the bones in her arm as her skin began to rot because blood supply was cut off so they had to remove her arm
How do you rate that trivia

He's based though.

Is this shit still about zombies?

Its on screen but She just gets sucked in and turns into red mist

Thanks hideo

Nope. You see her get sucked in and blood splattering everywhere. Its not super graphic, but it isn't off screen.

Kinda? There are still thousands of zombies and monsters. But I guess Umbrella are still the main focus in terms of villains

youtube.com/watch?v=EIGD91fXzuc
Nevermind
I'm so fucking hard right now

The best was the tower defense scene

spoil me about the rest of the gang

Leon, Ada, Claire and so on...

Jill, Ada, Leon etc… are all dead, they die off screen and are never mentioned beyond Alice saying that Wesker betrayed them in Washington. Claire is in it but does nothing. She lives.

youtube.com/watch?v=4AFu2OIyfiY

Are all the women in these movies sluts?

Goddamn, Paul Anderson went full retard

Yeah remember that whole set-up where Wesker is president and is gathering Alice, Jill, Leon, etc… and the last of humanity for one last stand against the Red Queen who wants to wipe out humanity?

It was all a ruse.

IS this film better than Arrival?

Also Wesker is nothing more than a hired goon in this. He isn't the head of the Umbrella corporation like he was in 3-5, instead Isaacs and Alicia are - and he is there assistant. He has like one scene with Alice and is taken out by a door

God no.

The only action he does is offscreen when he takes Claire hostage

What is it with this fucking movie series and Underworld that they still get made? It feels like the whole world is moving on but these 00s shit actioners stay forever.

They still make money. As long a film series still turns a profit it'll keep going.

so is that the series finally finished now? No cliffhanger ending?

>nonstop predictable jumpscares littered throughout
fucking hell, the movie theater I saw this in had the sound turned way the hell up and watching this shit was like chinese water torture

Is it worth a watch just to laugh at?

Well...while the anti-virus has been released the film ends with Alice travelling to New York as she explains that the virus has not reached every corner of the globe and therefore her job isn't over

Autism: The Post

*anti-virus has not reached

so basically theres gonna be more movies kek

what i would give to see them both make out

>Resident Evil: The Appendices
>Resident Evil: The Back Cover Blurb
>Resident Evil: The Dust Jacket

>top heavy photoshop
>bottom real beauty

Yes this is why out of all franchises this is my most hated, at least the fast n furious has continuity

It was easily one of the shittiest movies I have ever seen, but in a good way.

it was so bad,my friends and I laughed all the way through it.

One of my friends was butthurt about it being so shit as well. we waited to see if their was anything after the credits only to hear that 5 second audio clip.

I'm glad this shit movie series is finally over

what was the clip?

>that 5 second audio clip.

What was it?

"COMPLETE. GLOBAL. SATURATION."

I was drunk at the time, so my memory is a little foggy. but it was just alice saying something like "you are about to die." and that was it. all audio, no video.

Katie is my action/horrorfu

Just audio of the Red Queen saying "You're all going to die down here."

I sat in the movie theatre bored as fuck

The scenes are not fucking exciting and the shaky action cam made me want to throw up

Mila Jovovich pointing her fucking flashlight at the screen every 2 seconds near gave me fucking epilepsy.

Jorah Mormont was more Wesker than Wesker was.

Well, keep in mind the second movie was called "Apocalypse" but in spite of the apocalypse happening we got a movie called "Extinction" but even though there was extinction it got a sequel called "Afterlife" and that metaphysical theme was still followed by two godamn sequels

They could call the next installment "Resident Evil: The Next Chapter"

>Resident Evil: A New Beginning
>Resident Evil: Wesker Lives
>Resident Evil: The New Virus
>Resident Evil: Umbrella Takes Manhattan

Did anyone else find the computer loli oddly arousing

Thats Milla's daughter

Is there any ___r34___

>Resident Evil vs Underworld

what happened to the White Queen from Extinction?

It's an awful, awful movie that does a fine job upholding the series' tradition of not making any fucking sense. Seriously, having seen the previous movies will lessen your enjoyment of this one, because it'll make all the plot holes even more apparent, rather than just being a normal shitty movie with no internal logic.

Why...
Was the T-Virus developed Dr. Marcus now to cure his progeria affected daughter (Alice), instead of Dr. Ashford from Apocalypse?
Speaking of progeria, do the filmmakers not understand how that works, and that it doesn't just make you grow up and get older?
Why does Wesker work for Dr. Isaacs, when he was superior to Dr. Isaacs in Extinction? You might say it's because that Isaacs was a clone, but Wesker was still subservient to his other clone in this movie.
Why did Paul W.S. Anderson go to the trouble of giving Alice her powers back in the last movie, and whole set-up for a new movie, then completely ignore it with this one?
What happened to Leon, Ada Wong, Chris Redfield, Jill Valentine?
If all humans were going to be wiped out in 48 hours, what's the point in making that the time limit to find the cure, when Alice herself says it'll take years to disperse?
Why kill the Umbrella popsicles when you only have 4,000 humans left and will need them for genetic diversity when repopulating?
When was it ever established that Umbrella had religious motives?
Why was there a cure all along? I thought the whole third movie was about Alice's blood being the cure to the T-Virus?
Speaking of, if Alice doesn't have powers anymore, shouldn't she not have the T-Virus? Why was the worry she would be killed by the cure a plot point?
How does a triple-barrelled shotgun fire three times without reloading? It has one trigger.
Did the filmmakers not realise the predictive combat sequences were the most embarrassing thing ever?
If Alice has no fingers on one hand, how is she able to grip onto a motorcycle?

That was my favorite part of the whole damn movie. They retconned a lot of shit though, like Ashford creating the T-Virus for his daughter Angela, who the red queen was modeled after. Why the fuck they would cause a continuity error that large I do not know.

>How does a triple-barrelled shotgun fire three times without reloading? It has one trigger.

It probably has 3, like normal double barrel has two

My fiancé hit my shoulder like four times because I told her this movie wasn't going to be scary. I kept trying to explain that they had the sound jacked up and that's why she was jumping.

They did jump scares every god damn scene.

Wow what a cool fact! Great contribution!

Was it worse than Silent Hill Revelations with the Pop-Tart?

I watched the first Silent Hill but stayed away from Revelations. How was it?

I know, and it was so incredibly predictable too.

>Oh nothing exciting has happened in the last five seconds, expect a jump scare right about now
>oh look there it is

It ruined the entire franchise far worse than Downpour or Homecoming ever did.

Not scary, used no monsters from SH3, shitty scares from a pop-tart to clown-face juggalos eating raw meat as 'monsters'. Bad acting, bad dialogue, half retcons the first movie and half badly tries to implement game lore.

It ends with a Pokemon battle between Pyramid Head and a Hellraiser-reject.

>Oh nothing exciting has happened in the last five seconds, expect a jump scare right about now
>oh look there it is

That's the game I started playing with a friend watching SH:Revelations. Seems like RE6 is just the same. SHR also played it fast and loose with continuity carried over from SH.

That would be the most fappable action movie ever if done right.

i wouldn't say most fappable

Mila and Kate in black leather fighting each other, panting and sweating in pretty locations.
All I'd ask from it.

>coming into someone's thread giving an analysis of a film on a television and film board just to spout some tired meme that's been posted a million times before

I think we all know who the real autist is

Anyone got a working torrent for re6?Can't find a good one.

Most fappable in the way a Victorian would've said it.

>Oh well done,my good fellow, a most fappable experience!

So tell me how does Wesker die? I read he gets his legs sliced off or something, is it cheesy?

The Red Queen slams a metal door on his legs and pins him down and then later the entire complex explodes with no sign of him escaping

Which frankly guarantees he's fucking alive, doesn't it?

Leg crushed by a door, handed an armed detonator by Alice, rigged to blow up the facility if he stops pressing it, left there to bleed out.

Is that dude really still alive? I watched Afterlife last night and he got blown up with like a hydrogen bomb.

Yeah, he came back in Retribution and was the POTUS.

the whole place blows up because he dies and lets go of the button

If you watched more closely you would actually see his parachute when Luther is walking out of the sewer culvert

Is that ayy lmao dyke hot in this? Might torrent for a quick fap

What the shit, this is at least yify-tier, didn't it come out like yesterday?

It's two weeks old so fuck know where they got it from
I can't even find any camrips so I doubt it's a torrent

maybe Shädman do something about it.

>Why kill the Umbrella popsicles when you only have 4,000 humans left and will need them for genetic diversity when repopulating?

They do that all the time. The 4th movie has her taking out the entire Japanese base and killing every single guard when it makes no sense to do that from a strategic standpoint.

>When was it ever established that Umbrella had religious motives?

Umbrella makes ZERO sense. Previous films had them continuing doing zombie research. Who are they going to sell this tech to?

I'm kinda disappointed with how wesker dies honestly. He survives a DIRECT nuclear fucking explosion but he finally kicks the can when His legs get crushed under a door? That's weak. Still though I enjoyed the movie in the end because of fucking cheesy it was while taking itself seriously.

My friend doing fake's looking forward to it, I hope he does Jill and Alice. He did a good job with mommy Kate last time.

entire theater died when Wesker got fired from Umbrella and was just laying there wonderin how this happened

milla jovovich's entire career was these shitty resident evil movies
where will she go now

What did her son think of it?

Why did Chris let go of his gun and catch Wesker's sunglasses in Afterlife?

>the shitty kids party

Plus, remember the moments in the first movie when Rose enters in the dark world? You know, these who are pretty similar to the games. Well, fuck that! Lights everywhere! and the ashes falling was change for the most chape and fake aftereffects shit.